0 Posts

Default South Park The Stick Of Truth

So South Park: The Stick of Truth just went up for pre-order on Steam

Meanwhile In South Park...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I cant wait for this game. I have been looking forward to it for quite some time.

The only thing that I am worried about is if UBI Soft will require you to register it through their stupid Uplay service. I bought Blood Dragon on Steam a while back only to find out that I also had to install UBI softs damn DRM service to register and play the game.

Steam IS a DRM service... what the hell UBI Soft...
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

I'm also looking forward to this. It seems like it's actually going to be a well-made South Park game. I may preorder as well.

I've heard that ubisoft is going to loosen the Uplay shit, but Watchdogs isn't listed anywhere on Steam, and you'd figure with the launch date so close it'd be up. Then I checked Uplay and sure enough, it's open for preorders. Guess they're picking and choosing, eh? I can't figure out why some of their games show up on Steam and others don't.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    I'm also looking forward to this. It seems like it's actually going to be a well-made South Park game. I may preorder as well.

I've heard that ubisoft is going to loosen the Uplay shit, but Watchdogs isn't listed anywhere on Steam, and you'd figure with the launch date so close it'd be up. Then I checked Uplay and sure enough, it's open for preorders. Guess they're picking and choosing, eh? I can't figure out why some of their games show up on Steam and others don't.
    Watch Dogs is their baby, Stick of Truth is probably less important to them.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Interested, but not enough to pay $50. This seems like something that's going to be hit or miss. I'll watch one of the countless release day streams on Twitch before I commit myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know what's kind of goofy? This will be one of the only console turn-based RPG's of the latest gen, and it will probably be the best. I say goofy because we had TONS of turn-based RPG's on Playstation 1-2.

I am also very excited for this game, but I will probably wait until it drops by $20 or so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    Watch Dogs is their baby, Stick of Truth is probably less important to them.
    I'm not going to hold my breath. They saddled their new low budget Might & Magic game with UPlay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    I'm not going to hold my breath. They saddled their new low budget Might & Magic game with UPlay.
    Are you serious?!

I was looking forward to it, especially after the awesome Legend of Grimrock. Looks like i'll hold out (fingers crossed) for a GOG.com release or skip it all together. Oh well, it's UBI Softs loss...
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Likely picking it up, but I will watch some video reviews before committing at full price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First 13 minutes of game. Looks kick ass to me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w0cakO78u8
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not a huge RPG player, but this sounds great. One of the reasons I'm waiting to get a PS4, cuz the 360 and PS3 are still alive and well, and many great games r still being released for it.

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Apparently the European version will be censored, though from the sounds of some of the things they've censored, I almost think I'd rather play that version (if I play this at all).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

So I got the game on steam last night. It's hilarious and has a cool engine. It looks like it could have been made in flash though. It makes no sense why it took them so long to make. 90% of what makes the game great is the writing.

Since it's not a GPU buster, it feels a bit like an indie game, and paying $60 for it seems a bit steep for that reason. But don't get me wrong, it's super entertaining.

If you're a South Park fan, check it out!

Cherry (Level 1) 8-Bit Archeology's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Steampunk360

I just got this for the 360, and holy crap is it funny. Its a must have for southpark fans for sure. Its like watching an episode and beeing the new kid in southpark. I played it for about 2 hours. Me and my wife lost it. Crackin up the whole time. The gameplay is smooth on the console, since all turn based moves have a wheel to pick your attack using the thumbstick.

Just 2 things that are negative.
    Moving around on screen and sifting through your inventory is kind of slow.

And NO kids should be caught within a mile of this game. Funny as hell but I can see lots of idiots buying this for their kids, only to bitch about how lude it is later when they walk by to see or hear what their kids are doing.

Basically, I would say this game is needed for adults to have a funny game that cracks us up, when we are not in the mood for a serious game or need a good laugh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Silly question - is there anything important displayed at the top, bottom, or sides of the screen? My rear projection CRT has horrible overscan. Diablo III, for example, isn't playable on my TV. Quest such as "kill 3 of the witch things" is pretty difficult when you can't read the name of the monster that's cut off because it's at the very top of the screen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgagdae View Post
    Silly question - is there anything important displayed at the top, bottom, or sides of the screen? My rear projection CRT has horrible overscan. Diablo III, for example, isn't playable on my TV. Quest such as "kill 3 of the witch things" is pretty difficult when you can't read the name of the monster that's cut off because it's at the very top of the screen.
    Yeah, the health and status info is all on the outer edges of the screen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Yeah, the health and status info is all on the outer edges of the screen.
    Thanks. Maybe I'll wait for a sale on Steam and get it for PC, then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People with the game - what is it actually like to play?

I am interested in it, but the gameplay videos put me off a bit. It sort of looks like you just go left / right / in / out then have turn based battles against bad guys? No real gameplay choices or exploration, just move, fight, collect stuff, move, fight etc.

That could, of course, be totally unfair - this is definitely the kind of thing I wish I had a demo for.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I'm a big fan of console RPGs (especially turn based), and I think it plays pretty well. You are right with how it mostly looks like collecting things while moving left and right/in and out, but there is definitely some exploration where you can unlock different abilities that are able to get you to areas you couldn't access before, and meet certain conditions that will add perks to your character. The battle system is your standard turn based affair, but when you choose to attack, you can choose a multi-hit, strong, or magic attack. Once selected, hitting the attack button when your weapon flashes adds to your attack strength (you kinda want to do this every time). You also have your special abilities, items, summons...standard stuff.

I recently finished the game, and the real appeal to this game is the story. Its very funny, and kind of makes fun of RPGs along the way. Also, you'll get a kick out of Canada once you make it there, in the game. I found this game to be very good. The only downsides that I saw were that I wish the game was longer, and the level cap higher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So I got the game on steam last night.
    Did it requre UBI Softs UPlay DRM?

If not i'll pick it up on Steam, but ive been holding off until I know for sure. Regardless, the game looks fantastic!