Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got PS Vita any Game Suggestions?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How does this compare to the original PSP. I was thinking of picking up a PSP as I didn't think there was much out for the PS Vita any good exclusives thanks

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LINK398 View Post
    How does this compare to the original PSP. I was thinking of picking up a PSP as I didn't think there was much out for the PS Vita any good exclusives thanks
    There are very good Vita exclusives but the system is literally almost nothing but ports currently with 20 retail exclusives only and it's been out for two years. Some of the console ports I've heard have bad framerate drops. I can say that framerate drops make Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is unplayable, especially at chapter 9 where the framerate is so bad it's 10fps or less the entire stage.

The screen both the original OLED and the new LCD are both good looking, but if you look at comparisons, it's clear that the OLED is much better, so get that if you can. Better than the PSP screen.

The PSP controls are also better. You might have heard complaints of the analog nub being in the far left lower corner, which is an issue but you get used to it. The Vita's analogs in my opinion are too close to the digital buttons where you will sometimes accidentally rub up against the right analog which will be in issue in some games. And the Vita buttons are extremely small and close together in comparison to the PSP.

If you like purchasing games digitally, most of the best PSP games are available for the Vita. There are a lot of games that aren't available on the Vita though. First off it's a hassle to do different regions so you probably won't play different region games at all. Can't purchase Japanese regioned locked games on US PSN store. Games like Crisis Core, Star Ocean 1, Star Ocean 2, Mega Man Powered Up, and some other games not too many good ones though aren't available on PSN.

I have 19 Vita games, 10 retail exclusives, one digital exclusive, everything else is an enhanced port(Persona 4,) dehanced port(laggy as hell Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2,) port, or multiconsole game. Half of the exclusives are really good. Uncharted, Unit 13, Ys Memories of Celceta which I just started playing, Wipeout 2048, and LBP Vita. Haven't played Tearaway or Modnation Racers and the other exclusives are either below average or "okay(Gravity Rush.)" Killzone Mercenary is worse than every PS3 FPS I've ever played, including Duke Nukem Forever which had issues but I didn't think it was that bad. Ragnarok Odyssey is pretty bad.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the Vita has better controls than the PSP, personally. The analog sticks are actually usable. I can see how the placement and button size could be annoying if you have big thumbs, though. There isn't much of a buffer zone. The d-pad feel is just a matter of preference.

The Vita makes Coded Arms actually playable. You can configure PSP games so that the right analog stick acts like a clone of the left one, allowing you to use the d-pad to move, the right stick to aim, and the shoulder buttons to fire and jump. That's one PSP game that's definitely worth revisiting on the Vita; it was just too damned hard to control on a PSP.

If you're willing to live with a comparatively small library with an assortment of some really great gems, the Vita can really shine.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It can play PSP games? Didn't know that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LINK398 View Post
    It can play PSP games? Didn't know that
    If you buy/download them from PSN; you obviously can't jam a UMD in it. Coded Arms was pretty cheap, though. It was somewhere around $5-$10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Just sign up for Playstation Plus. It's a GODSEND for Vita owners.

All I need in this world is my Vita, a 16 gig mem card, PS Plus subscription, and access to wi-fi, and I'm golden! You end up getting all kinds of great games with it, if you get a 1 year subscription. Wipeout and Uncharted are both free with PS Plus. I think Gravity Rush is still free for PS Plus as well. There might be one or two more games that are also free right now. Also, each month, new games are added.

Right now, on my Vita with the 16 gig memory card, I have all these games that are from PS Plus:

Wipeout 2048
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Hotline Miami
    Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
    Smart As

There are also several more that don't come to mind immediately.
    Haha. I was just about to post this. I only got two physical games. Disagea and UMVC 3, Disagea was a freebie. So many games I got. I tried downloading Street Fighter x Tekken and I ran out of room on my 16GB. Digital downloading ftw.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really wanna get one of these, cuz the PSP is a super awesome system, and the Vita just feels real real nice, but at this moment I've been sold on the 3DS, after playing Mario Kart 7 at Best Buy, so it's gonna hafta wait. I also want a PS4 before a Vita. But it feels very well-made, very well-designed, nothing cheap about it. It doesn't feel like a toy. Which is awesome. Definately lookin forward to Tearaway, Touch my Katamari, Little Big Planet.... My girlfriend wants to play The Walking Dead.

I will get one, it's just the 3DS has more games out right now, and the effects on that system just blew me away the other nite. Eventually. There really is no hurry, obviously the PSP's and DS's are still out there, u can buy either for less then $100.

I do think it woulda been smart to make the PS Vita backwards compatible though, somehow. Sony's weird about backwards compatibility. They do it, then they don't, cuz it's cheaper, idk. Nintendo may be 3rd in the console race, but at least they've had backwards compatibility down well ever since the original Wii.

Insert Coin (Level 0) LordsOfSkulls's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LordsOfSkulls
    PSN
    LordsOfSkulls

Managed to get my hands on PS Vita's Nyko Power Grip for reasonable price.

I swear this attachment for more comfortable grip for PS Vita is god send.

Makes the whole PS Vita so much more fun/comfortable to hold for longer amount of hours. =) i advice it to anyone to get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by LordsOfSkulls View Post
    Managed to get my hands on PS Vita's Nyko Power Grip for reasonable price.

I swear this attachment for more comfortable grip for PS Vita is god send.

Makes the whole PS Vita so much more fun/comfortable to hold for longer amount of hours. =) i advice it to anyone to get it.
    I purchased the Nerf case for the Vita. It seriously adds extra bulk, which helps give it an extra hold on the sides, specially for those with big hands.

At first I tried playing Mortal Kombat on the Vita and it was hurting my hands quite a bit; was getting constant cramps on my hands due to how close the buttons were to my fingers. After getting the case, I no longer suffer from this and it's quite comfy.

My only complain is that I don't think the Vita will survive a drop if it falls on the floor, specially if it's a hard surface. The reason being is that the clips that hold it in place feel that it doesn't hold the Vita nicely, even though it actually does. Perhaps it's paranoia.

Otherwise, its a great alternative as well. Just wish there was something to cover the front as well, like the 3DS and the old PSP Nerf Case.

In any case, I really love my Vita. I don't have many physical games (just MK, Silent Hill, Ys Celceta, and Dungeon Hunter Alliance), but thanks to PS Plus, I have loads of digital games to play. Right now I'm playing Sumioni, and it's really hard (at least for me). Getting to the outer routes is a pain, and it seems that I don't have the skills I used to have. Otherwise, it was a good $4 purchase of PSN.

Anyone here have Silent Hill Book of Memories and/or Dungeon Hunter Alliance? There are a few online trophies I would love to get, but finding online play sessions is hard.
    Last edited by megasdkirby; 03-12-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i don't have a Vita... but I just recently purchased DJ Max Technika Tune off Ebay because I'm a fan of the series... and the print run was limited in America. but if you are into music games and like kpop.. can't go wrong with Technika Tune..

I'd buy a Vita just for this game alone. A physical copy will fetch you around $60-80.. but its probably more economical to buy the digital version off Playstation Store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a Vita suggestion, but it's not a game:

I got one of these off Amazon, and it has made holding my Vita exponentially more comfortable for extended periods of time.
    Amazon link