Thread: PCI or USB receiver for 360 controller?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PCI or USB receiver for 360 controller?

Hey'all, I'm trying to find out if there is a way to either permanently or semi-permanently integrate a receiver that can accept the 360 controller's wireless signal. Specifically, my son has Edubuntu running on his computer and we want to put either a PCI card or a SMALL USB dongle in. I'm talking like the size of a Logitech unifying receiver. I only have one official Microsoft receiver that I use for my gaming PC and with all that cord length that it has, there's no way it would survive. I read that the 360 controller's protocol is similar to the RC6 used by the media remotes. I have a IR module for my Raspberry Pi that works with an HP RC6 remote just fine. I'm rather tech savvy, so once I get the guidance or leads I need, I'll be hunkey-dorey. It's just driving me insane because it seems like a weird game of connect-the-dots. Like I SHOULD have all of the info I need, but I can't seem to put it all together and get the answer I need!

SO, if someone out here has a small form factor solution to getting a 360 controller working on PC (no cords), I would be extremely appreciative!
    Last edited by Crystalian; 02-05-2014 at 06:31 PM.