Thread: Mini snes jumpy audio

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Mini snes jumpy audio

I've got an odd audio issue coming from my system. It's like the audio skips for half a second consistently no matter what game. All the games sound fine using a regular snes with the same power and audio cables.

Any ideas what this might be?

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

wow all sorts of audio issues lately, any way you might be able to record the funky audio and upload it some place to share at all?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes it really should be encouraged for people to post videos when they're having problems like this. Without hearing it, we can't help, it's like trying to diagnose car problems by describing them to a mechanic over the phone.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    Yes it really should be encouraged for people to post videos when they're having problems like this. Without hearing it, we can't help, it's like trying to diagnose car problems by describing them to a mechanic over the phone.
    I'll get audio for you guys tomorrow. Thanks for any help I get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    APE992

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    Cartalk did that just fine for many, many years nailing tons of problems dead on.
    I fix things. You name it, I'll work on it. Want something modded? Recapped?

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

car talk is people talking to one another verbally, this is a message board where people talk to people in text. theres something to be said about whats lost when talking to some on in person or on the phone (/radio) but considering whats lost in that from the 1st to the 2nd degree of communication theres a lot more lost from the 2nd degree of communication to text which I would say is the 3rd.... for instance...

in this very thread you said something about car talk, and I was thinking, "what the fuck is cartalk" there was no space, we weren't talking in person so I wasn't able to ask when it came up nor was there the need to ask at all because, text didn't seem very important. time when on and I finally remembered what car talk was and the example your trying to get at.

if we were talking in person or on the phone you might have said "the radio program car talk" or I would have asked right away "what the heck is cartalk?" but being a message board and unable to figure out things that aren't as clear as a voice or talking to some one in person the need to ask in this instance wasn't really something to put effort out on and why I think a lot of questions go un answered.

another example I noticed around here is the what its worth forum, I see a lot of noobs come in with these random ass, "whats my proto type of game X" or "dev hardware for system y worth?" , no pics no nothing go un answered. why? because theres something lost in that text, that "proto" may be some bootleg, that "dev hardware" might be some kids console with some funky sticker on it. whats lost in that that could make it better? a pic.

just as in this case, a short recording of what the problem is.

i'm not saying any one involved here in this thread doesent know how to communicate just in that comparison of some duders on a radio talking to people phoning in have more to go on with a verbal link that we do here with just plain text.

communication is something I notice a lot of people at work have a problem with, but at the same time I work at walmart and I am sure the alot people that shop there usually cant communicate because they are out to say that their problem isn't theirs that its yours and fix it or i'll throw a bitch fit because they don't know how to ask and listen to the mouth words that come out of our mouths. like the lady that flipped out on me because I wasn't able to help her out with her face book app. I don't have a face book page, I didn't sell you the app, the app and phone have their own support lines.....fuck I gotta find a new job

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all. I know I never posted audio. That was because all of a sudden I could'nt reproduce the issue. It's been going on since I got the system and now it's simply gone.
    I thank you for offering your help and if it returns Ill post the audio.