Thread: Gamestop 75% Clearance Playstation 2 Games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gamestop 75% Clearance Playstation 2 Games

Gamestop is clearancing out all of their Playstation 2 games at 75% off. Has anyone raided theirs yet? If you haven't, I highly suggest it! You can check for specific titles on their website but you can't get a list from there. I suggest you call ahead to see if they still stock PS2, but *don't* ask for specific titles in most cases. Some employees (rarely but it happens) will hoard some stuff for themselves. When you get there, ask for a list of PS2 games and keep a pen handy to check them off.

I've gone a bit overboard, but basically got every game I was intrigued by as a teen. I got Persona 4, Digital Devil Saga, FFX, a few Atlus games, Megaman X Collection, many namco/midway/capcom collections, etc. It's really tough to resist many of the games at these prices as they'll cost $2-5 and most of the common titles cost $.75-1.25. All in all, I've gotten over 50 games over a few locations, but it's cost me just over $70--so 50 games for basically the price of a single new game. Before you ask, yes, almost all of them I want to play. (A few I know are stinkers like 24: The Game but I'm a fan of the show, so it's just like, I want to check out a stinker at the price point)

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Mine doesn't even have any anymore. At least I can get them cheap anytime at the nearby Entertainment Exchange.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Likely just junk leftover.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Likely just junk leftover.
    idk, I thought SMT games were pretty good If you don't need to go too much out of your way, just check it out, and you'll possibly score some great games for cheap.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The PS2 section just vanished from my local store one day a couple years ago.
    (the same store even obliterated the GameCube section overnight a week before the official date to stop accepting trades)

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    idk, I thought SMT games were pretty good If you don't need to go too much out of your way, just check it out, and you'll possibly score some great games for cheap.
    Depends where you live. Around me, it's just leftover junk, missing covers, manuals, etc.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Of the three local GameStops, one has only junk and a lot of it, one has a single display box of stuff that's all junk and the last one doesn't have any.

Cherry (Level 1) 8-Bit Archeology's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Steampunk360

All my local hell stops have already ended ps2 and gamecube a long time ago. They now are selling psp for 1 to 5 bucks a game. There is no ps2 or gc to be found.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Disc only? No thanks.
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Insert Coin (Level 0) mercuryshadow09's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Gamestop is clearancing out all of their Playstation 2 games at 75% off. Has anyone raided theirs yet? If you haven't, I highly suggest it! You can check for specific titles on their website but you can't get a list from there. I suggest you call ahead to see if they still stock PS2, but *don't* ask for specific titles in most cases. Some employees (rarely but it happens) will hoard some stuff for themselves. When you get there, ask for a list of PS2 games and keep a pen handy to check them off.

I've gone a bit overboard, but basically got every game I was intrigued by as a teen. I got Persona 4, Digital Devil Saga, FFX, a few Atlus games, Megaman X Collection, many namco/midway/capcom collections, etc. It's really tough to resist many of the games at these prices as they'll cost $2-5 and most of the common titles cost $.75-1.25. All in all, I've gotten over 50 games over a few locations, but it's cost me just over $70--so 50 games for basically the price of a single new game. Before you ask, yes, almost all of them I want to play. (A few I know are stinkers like 24: The Game but I'm a fan of the show, so it's just like, I want to check out a stinker at the price point)
    They didn't have the couple of titles that I really wanted being the Point Blank series but I bought out their stock of PS2 memory cards so I can mod them and ship them to people, they were $.75 each!

Insert Coin (Level 0) fairyland's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine has a ton of PS2 games, but nothing really worth owning in addition to the fact that most of them are caseless. And to make things worse the majority of the ones I did want were scuffed up pretty badly and probably would not have worked. I had to wade though hundreds of various Guitar Hero and Singstar stuff to find a few gems. So I ended up with a Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends for $2.25 a Shadow of the Colossus for $3.83 after my discount card was applied. I ended up printing out labels for them to go into my collection. ! I would have loved any RPGs, but not a single one was to be had.

I did notice that a few games had price drops. I got Sakura Wars V used for $10 on the Wii as well as Time and Eternity PS3 new for $20, so it's worth looking rechecking the stuff you've been having your eye on. Sadly, I noted that they are tossing away used 3DS boxes now days as well, I really wish they would stop that crap. There is a lot of DS and 3DS stuff I need, but without the case, it has to be really dirt cheap.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All the PS2 games left locally were scratched to hell. Some good titles, but all looked likes someone had taken a pair of scissors to the back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only one of my local Gamestops still have PS2 titles, so I went down to dig through the dregs.

I ended up with

Onimusha: Blade Warriors
    Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon
    Devil Kings
    Mobile Suit Gundamn Seed: Never Ending Tomorrow
    Capcom Fighting Evolution
    Dynasty Warriors 4

All disc-only, and all for about 11 bucks.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went by yesterday as well. I forgot to ask about hardware though.

Interesting note though, there were many games I found for 2c before discount. After discount the price was 0c on my receipt, so they were essentially free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

I recently visit a few Gamestop stores in my area and the PS2 section is pretty much non-existence A few months back, I remembered there were bins setup with the PS2 discs in paper sleeves but they were mostly sport games and guitar hero/rock band

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not interested in disc-only. A best buy near me still sells brand new PS2 games and PSP games, tho, they're hidden away from all the cutting-edge stuff like PS4 and 3DS and all that, so no one can find them. Mostly sports titles, but some good ones. I only collect complete PS2 games tho, and I prefer black-label.

Awesome console right now if ur a game collector, probably the best console to collect for since everything is at such a low-point price wise, and the list of good games is just endless. I just picked up the first 3 Jack & Daxter games for about $4 each.

No one cares about PS2, they all care about getting the SNES or Sega Saturn RPG's, so that's why I collect PS2. It's in my budget. And the games are great! I used to have this system, sold it years ago to fund my 360. This was before I got into collecting. Now I'm collecting back the titles I once owned, and it hasn't been hard at all.

Definately get the Metal Gear Solids, Devil May Cry, Tenchu, GTA, Hitman, Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoots, Sonic Heroes, Tekken, Street Fighter, Star Wars Battlefront, Megaman, Unreal Tournament, Red Faction, Quake 3, Tony Hawk, Persona, FF, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico.... The list just never ends with this system!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    St Aspartame

Looked through the kiosk at my local Gamestop, nothing but old DDR and Guitar Hero games as far as the eye could see. The good news is the PS2 market is still pretty low, so most of the games anyone would be looking for can still be found for pretty inexpensively.
    Welcome to Macintosh.

Insert Coin (Level 0) mercuryshadow09's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bought the last four PS2 net adapters for fifty cents a piece from my local GS today!

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

I just talked to an employee yesterday who told me they "aren't allowed" to say they have them. He has a folder full of them, though. They just got tired of people standing at the counter all day, flipping through looking for something to buy for $2.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Insert Coin (Level 0) ggallegos1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4811-7358-8350

I have a few gamestops around me that I frequently visit so I'm definitely in the market to close some gaps in my collection. Let's go!