Thread: Translucent green original xbox (european limited edition, not halo or debug)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Translucent green original xbox (european limited edition, not halo or debug)

Hello, I've recently come across a translucent green xbox orignal console, that doesn't have the halo or debug marks. After looking through a few forums about different collectible Xbox consoles I couldn't find much on this particualr one, I'm assuming its the translucent green European birthday console that fits the description from the Wikipedia article. I can't seem to find much information about it's value, especially as the market is saturated with the halo console, but taking into account the more limited release and only 5,000 sales, is this console any more rare? Any further information would be greatly apreciated, thanks .

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well, anything that there's only 5000 of is pretty rare, just because of that, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's worth anything. I'm not saying it's not, I don't have any idea, just that rarity is only one part of the equation and you need some demand as well otherwise it's just not going to have any value.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No idea. I do know the collectible xboxes do sell for a bit more then the black ones, just like the various N64's sell for more. It's not a console collectors gush over right now, but I know that there are people who do. I, personally think it's an awesome console to collect for, simply because it's ignored. It's likely the cheapest, also. I was in a retro game shop the other day and I was discussing how great the 6th gen is to collect for right now, since no one cares. I got Jak 3 on PS2 for $4, a game that is good enough to be sold for 6 times that price. And notable enough.

I explained how the original Xbox is great now, cuz the most u'll spend on a game is maybe $30 for Conker's Live n Reloaded. His response was, that's a lot for an Xbox game. But thats the most you'll spend on a single game. There's a few others like this, but generally u can get all the exclusives for next to nothing. And there's great Sega exclusives, as well. You could spend $40 on a boxed Panzer Dragoon II Zweli, or $8 on Panzer Dragoon Orta complete. I say long live the Dreamcast II.