Thread: A new retro gaming forum

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A new retro gaming forum

this thread should be deleted shortly. sorry!
    Last edited by teddyvectrex; 02-26-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I mean this in the most friendly way, but not only does the internet not need another classic gaming forum, it's in rather poor taste to register somewhere just to advertise another forum.

It would be different if you were a recognized member here that was well respected and you were starting a niche that concentrated on something that the more general nature of Digital Press doesn't specifically cover (Like a dedicated Vectrex forum for Vectrex enthusiast although I suspect that particular one is already covered). Not at all the way to encourage people to visit and register since you run the risk of annoying people due to some unwritten and rather unclear internet etiquette.

Anyways, good luck. If you want a suggestion, I'd find something interesting to specifically target that has a dedicated group of fans. Starting a very generalized classic gaming forum with apparently nothing there for a main website to draw people in and hook them like DP's rarity guide here once did long ago is going to be very much an uphill battle.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 02-26-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    I mean this in the most friendly way, but not only does the internet not need another classic gaming forum, it's in rather poor taste to register somewhere just to advertise another forum.

It would be different if you were a recognized member here that was well respected and you were starting a niche that concentrated on something that the more general nature of Digital Press doesn't specifically cover (Like a dedicated Vectrex forum for Vectrex enthusiast). Not at all the way to encourage people to visit and register since you run the risk of annoying people due to some unwritten and rather unclear internet etiquette.

Anyways, good luck. If you want a suggestion, I'd find something interesting to specifically target that has a dedicated group of fans. Starting a very generalized classic gaming forum with apparently nothing there for a main website to draw people in and hook them like DP's rarity guide here once did long ago is going to be very much an uphill battle.
    Now that I think of it you are right lol. Well, thanks for reminding me, I sort of did this without thinking. well, if there is a way to, how can I delete this thread?
    Last edited by teddyvectrex; 02-26-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't think there's any great need to delete it. It was just some friendly advice. But it's here now and might as well be allowed to stand.

If you want another tip if you want to attract people, practice good grammar skills like proper capitalization. Sloppy writing by a forum administrator surely must be a turn-off for people. Take many of the proper nouns in your forum descriptions that aren't capitalized, for instance.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think there's any great need to delete it. It was just some friendly advice. But it's here now and might as well be allowed to stand.

If you want another tip if you want to attract people, practice good grammar skills like proper capitalization. Sloppy writing by a forum administrator surely must be a turn-off for people. Take many of the proper nouns in your forum descriptions that aren't capitalized, for instance.
    The reason I want to delete it is so I can try again and get more positive attention. At the moment I'm sure anyone reading this thread will not be willing to join lol, so whats the point in keeping it up really?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm not sure if we have any active moderators any more but hopefully someone with the authority sees this and deletes it. You could try reporting your original post and including a message explaining that you'd like your thread deleted (It's the icon shaped like a triangle with an exclamation point inside it).

Hopefully someone notices it and helps you out.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure if we have any active moderators any more but hopefully someone with the authority sees this and deletes it. You could try reporting your original post and including a message explaining that you'd like your thread deleted (It's the icon shaped like a triangle with an exclamation point inside it).

thanks, and thanks for understanding. And is there a way to delete my account if no one ever deletes it? i would create a new one to post actual things on here, but i dont want to be remembered as the guy who started here just to advertize lol!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

another quick question. how do I report my post?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Click on the icon, fill in your reason in the box, and click on send report.

I don't know how to delete accounts or who to suggest that you private message to even make such a request. If you don't want to continue with this account even after your thread has been deleted, I'd suggest just making a new one as the easiest course of action.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 02-26-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Click on the icon, fill in your reason in the box, and click on send report.

I don't know how to delete accounts. If you don't want to continue with this account even after your thread has been deleted, I'd suggest just making a new one as the easiest course of action.
    Yeah that sounds like a better idea, ill just create a new one and forget that this one ever existed lol. Thanks for all the help man, I appreciate it.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Welcome and goodbye. Thread lock and user nuking at OP's request.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog