Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: March 2014 Finds

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default March 2014 Finds

Hopefully this is able to get posted without getting a redirect about a Database Error.

Dropped by Gamestop yesterday again after being in on Friday. When I was in on Friday, I saw a pair titles for PS3 that were marked down to $40.99 new. The titles were Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness and The Guided Fate Paradox. I inquired if they had any in stock sealed and the girl showed me them. Both titles had their soundtracks still and they had ample copies. I had built up Power Up Reward points for a while and decided to redeem them for $$$ off coupons. What sucks is I had enough for $40 in coupons but didn't think they'd stack so I only cashed out for $25 and $10. When I went to pay, the two coupons stacked on the first game which meant I could have cashed out for another $5 coupon if I had wanted. At any rate, both of those sealed with soundtracks for $50 isn't too bad at all.

It doesn't look like there's much chance of getting out today because of freezing rain. Damn you Winter, go Away!!
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Couple of finds and stories as I am Vacationing in Florida.

First Flea Market: huge turd. Retro Game vendor there, saw bare reg. N64 for $75 and NES Darkwing Duck for $60 and walked away immeditaly. Another vender there with garbage in plactic bins everywhere. Found Addition for Ti 99 and some power adaptors but the guy wante $5 each so walked away from that. Ended up finding a Berry GBC in good shape for $5 so was kinda fun.

Play N' Trade: Went in not expecting much, but had a ton of retro stuff, nothing like the turd one by me in Illinois. Ended up getting Crossed Swords ($40) and King of Monsters ($55) for NEO GEO. Seemed like an ok deal with both games in cases in ok condition. My Dad bought 3 CIB Jaguar games (Raiden, Cheeta Guy?, and Iron Soldier) for $40.

Tons of Thrift Shops: So much garbage or overpriced but ended up getting very nice complete Prince of Persia DOS big box for $3. Exactly like the one I had growing up, my first video game ever.

2nd Flea Market: Started slow but ended up with 3 loose sega CD games (Chuck Rock II, PoP, and...I forget ) for $1. Also got Game Gear Game Genie for $5 and $15 for Run Saber NES from a vendor with mostley overpriced games but some good buys hidden.

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another GB lot for resale.

Listed at $19, Haggled down to $13.

Games:

Donkey Kong Country (GBC)
    Super Mario World (GBA)
    Crash Bandicoot Huge Adventure (GBA)
    Scooby Doo (GBA)
    Harry Potter Goblet of Fire (GBA)
    Sprit Stallion of the Cimmaron (GBA)
    American Tail: Fievel's Gold Rush (GBA)
    Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (GBC)
    Mary Kate and Ashley Get a Clue! (GB/C)
    Mary Kate and Ashley Crush Course (GBC)
    Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16 (GBA)
    Mary Kate an Ashley Girls Night Out (GBA)

Gonna Keep DKC and Crash Bandicoot. Already got a copy of GBA SMW and don't care about the rest so it'll be an easy resell for what I paid and more.

EDIT: Seller contacted me again this morning and said she'd throw in an extra free game, "Sonic". Not sure which one it is, but I'll find out when I get it. Funnily enough I threw in an extra game in a lot I sold just yesterday, so maybe Karma does exist.

03/04/14: Haggled down a $21 lot to $14 with some new additions for my beloved game gear.

Lot contents:

For-Parts GG (Power issue...likely bad caps, as with 99% of GG issues)

SEGA GG/Genesis 2 OEM AC Adapter (Usually don't find these in GG lots. Surprised that I don't seeing as how much of a battery drainer the Gear is.)

Jurassic Park GG (With Manual+Case) (Already have a copy of the cart, but at least I can add the manual to my collection. Content-wise, one of the best games on GG, easily.)

Star Wars GG (With Manual+Case) (Port of the NES Star Wars game with some extra levels. Seems to go for slightly more than the average GG game, though by no means is it a rare/valuable title. Pretty good game overall.)

Ecco The Dolphin GG (With Manual+Case) (No idea how I didn't have any GG eccos until now. Common, but just as good as the
    Genesis one.)

James Pond 2 GG (With Case) (Pretty nice port of Robocod that seems far rarer than it is valuable/desired.)

Reselling the AC Adapter and Jurassic Park should break me even (seriously, god knows why but OEM adapters seem to hit $12-15 on ebay regularly) and once I get to fixing up all of my Junk gears I'll either have a nice bit o' profit on my hands, or gifts for fellow retro enthusiasts
    Last edited by recorderdude; 03-04-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found this Atari 8-bit Romox Fortune Hunter in a mom and pop game store today. The price was $5, which the owner took out of the value of the trade-in stuff I had brought with me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got a copy of Pac-Man Collection on GBA for $1, on ebay, with free shipping. Hope it doesn't end up costing the seller more to ship it than he sold it for :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

First electronics flea market of the year wasn't a total loss. Couple insanely priced vendors but nothing outside of the usual morons that don't seem to understand the vibe of what that flea market entails. One guy had the type of stuff that a lot of us are out there for - boxes of old computers, lots of peripherals, old software - at solid prices. Some old coot got a boxed Odyssey light rifle from there for next to nothing and I suppose that was the find of the day that I had missed. That kind of pissed me off because I know it's just going to get thrown in the back of another garage and degrade more. I hope that vendor is out there again next month as it was just enjoyable to dig through boxes of generally interesting stuff - kind of like the old days of flea markets. From him I got a boxed complete DMS Tele-Action Mini TV Game Pong clone based on Odyssey Pong architecture and a SNES Game Genie for $5.00.

On the other side of the lot I dug out a PS2 HDD for $5.00 down from $7.00. It's just the enclosure, stand and drive but it looked pretty clean. Generally I skip this stuff but it has a sticker on the back claiming it "PROPERTY OF VISUAL CONCEPTS" whom I believe developed the Sega Sports / 2K Sports series. I don't have a power supply or the set up to see what's on the drive but this is going to go up for sale if anyone is interested.

On the way out I spotted a Victorinox SAK on a table of unassuming electronics components. It was in excellent shape, new shape to be honest with factory oil on all the tools and unworn scales. The seller wanted $7.00 and I suppose I could have talked him down to $5.00 but I know a Spartan is generally a $20 knife and it was brand new so I didn't mind paying asking price. I think I'll use this one as my workday carry as I generally have my Cybertool 34 or Troubleshooter on me but those are a bit too thick for when I'm at work.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    First electronics flea market of the year wasn't a total loss. Couple insanely priced vendors but nothing outside of the usual morons that don't seem to understand the vibe of what that flea market entails. One guy had the type of stuff that a lot of us are out there for - boxes of old computers, lots of peripherals, old software - at solid prices. Some old coot got a boxed Odyssey light rifle from there for next to nothing and I suppose that was the find of the day that I had missed. That kind of pissed me off because I know it's just going to get thrown in the back of another garage and degrade more. I hope that vendor is out there again next month as it was just enjoyable to dig through boxes of generally interesting stuff - kind of like the old days of flea markets. From him I got a boxed complete DMS Tele-Action Mini TV Game Pong clone based on Odyssey Pong architecture and a SNES Game Genie for $5.00.

On the other side of the lot I dug out a PS2 HDD for $5.00 down from $7.00. It's just the enclosure, stand and drive but it looked pretty clean. Generally I skip this stuff but it has a sticker on the back claiming it "PROPERTY OF VISUAL CONCEPTS" whom I believe developed the Sega Sports / 2K Sports series. I don't have a power supply or the set up to see what's on the drive but this is going to go up for sale if anyone is interested.

On the way out I spotted a Victorinox SAK on a table of unassuming electronics components. It was in excellent shape, new shape to be honest with factory oil on all the tools and unworn scales. The seller wanted $7.00 and I suppose I could have talked him down to $5.00 but I know a Spartan is generally a $20 knife and it was brand new so I didn't mind paying asking price. I think I'll use this one as my workday carry as I generally have my Cybertool 34 or Troubleshooter on me but those are a bit too thick for when I'm at work.
    Shot you a PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last finds for a little while. More gameboy carts but hang in there, there's some stuff here you don't see every day.

Nabbed this last week:

19 Game GB/C/A Lot, all tested and working - $31.50:

(rarer/more valuable titles bolded)

Darkwing Duck (GB)
    Batman (GB)
    Solar Striker (GB)
    Super Scrabble (GB)
    Tetris 2 (GB)
    Mortal Kombat (GB)
    Sports Illustrated Champ. Football (GB)
    Bionic Commando Elite Forces (GBC)
    Yugioh Dark Duel Stories (GBC)
    Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX (GBC)
    Golden Sun The Lost Age (GBA)
    WarioWare Twisted (GBA)
    Super Monkey Ball Jr. (GBA)
    Lego Star Wars II (GBA)
    Ultimate Spider Man (GBA)
    DBZ Collectible Card Game (GBA)
    Pirates of the Carribean (GBA)
    Dogz (GBA)
    Super Hornet FA 18F (GBA)

I've already got a copy of twisted that I've held onto since kidhood, so flipping that along with most of the GB and GBA games. Keeping Darkwing, Batman, Solar Striker, Bionic Commando, Golden Sun and Monkey Ball.

Now...here's where this gets interesting.

I spotted a lot of 4 gameboy/color games for $20 last night and immediately grabbed it. Why?

All four are multicarts. But not just any multicarts. While the top two seem bland as they come, and most likely just have a bunch of normal licensed GB games crammed on, The one on the bottom right is a chinese-made cartridge containing the "Sonic Adventure 7" AND "Super Mario 3 Special" bootleg original games, and carts like these are often the only way to actually physically own them. The one on the bottom left shows some promise for possible bootleg originals as well, but no guarantee. I plan to keep the one with guaranteed pirate originals included, but once I find out what's on all of these and make sure they're still working, I might sell the others sometime in the future, so keep on the lookout if you're interested in these types of unlicensed carts. (I'm not sure if I can sell them here, and I'm pretty sure ebay frowns on it, so I'll have to look around and see where it's acceptable)

Oh yeah, the other GB/C/A lot came in and the mystery sonic game was another copy of Sonic Advance.
    Last edited by recorderdude; 03-09-2014 at 03:56 AM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

no pic needed...

Pokémon X for $20 new at fred meyer right after I got off work.
    some one brought in an ad and tried ad matching with ours and bought all of our stock, went over to fred meyer and they had a bunch in stock. thought it was a bogus ad that's why I went but it was legit.
    wonder why they bought our stock out instead of theirs, was no limit on the ad

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I love those Multi Carts..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

OK Catching up on my ..the last few weeks of Flea Market,Garage Sale and meet up with other friends trades..

I picked up Both these for $50.00..(haggle)

The Razor Go Kart Drifter $30.00
    http://www.razor.com/products/electr...force-drifter/
    ..it took a charge,has good batteries..one rear wheel is missing a big chunk of rubber(seller hid that with a smile) ..I bought FOUR rear wheels for $10.00 on ebay,to be here on the 15th..
    I took some rubber and filled in the missing chunk of rubber on the tire so that my Son could drive/test this Kart..

My ultimate Goal is to put Higher rubber tires on it for sidewalk use.
    I’m thinking Maybe the Razor Dune Buggy Wheels will fit..(I just need to find some used-or a whole kart.
    http://www.razor.com/products/electr...ns/dune-buggy/

The Bike is a Razor MX350 2011 Model...It is RIGID,no suspension....I have a better “older” model MX350 that is taller,has a full suspension and bigger motor.

Seller Says,oh it’s good I ran it yesterday..Yea Right...$50.00..No way...He wanted to Flip a Coin for $30.00..I offered $20.00 and SOLD..
    He also had razor scooters for was firm at $50.00 on them..
    The battery was dead due to the fact that the mail molex plug melted putting 4 wires together...I cut that connector out and rewired....I left the charger on it overnight and it brought it back to life.it runs..
    I also have an older parts bike MX350 so I pulled it’s motor and installed it onto this bike,I could probably flip all the parts to the better Frame but I want this smaller version set up for my daughter.
    Seems RAZOR cheapened out on the MX350s

Right now I have the bike in pieces I’m going over the whole thing..

Yesterday we had out two bikes.MX500/MX350...Finally-SNOW UGH

Otherwise the Flea Market was a Bust..

I bought four N64 games for $10.00 (ebay
    A Spawn Figure $2.00 (ebay-for sale
    and a pile of books for $1 each.

I keep being told that One Guy buys up all the bins of games right off the trucks early morning Quickly ..A few games in the top of a bin and it goes to him....he’s spending big bux on this stuff.....
    Good For Him..But from buying from this flea market for so many years I’ve seen lots of junk in bins ..Sometimes being greedy can bite one in the AZZ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Trade and free stuff.
    FC 3

TARGET
    $32..$20..$20.00

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default catching up

SUNDAY:

I hit the flea Early...with the plan to run through and hit garage sales after...

All I got was three PS2s...$10.00 each Different vendors..One of the vendors had the controllers for the system but wanted $10.00 each.
    I picked up a 2600 with RF and Power Supply..for $10.00,I gave to to a friend..

PASSED: Atari 2600 Trashed Console,with around 30 games,some were Not Common ..Vendor wanted $350.00..around 20 carts were in a He Man Vintage Figure Case that I think was worth more then the Atari stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Sunday>
    Garage SALE:

I ran into a garage sale after flying out of the flea market..

I find one handheld on a table in the small yard..I ask price $1.00..Cool..I see some bins to the side and ask if they have any more of these or games..Yes..lady shows me a bin filled..The ladies Son is the negotiator ..we went from $20.00 to $40.00..To $30.00..when I handed that kid $30.00 he was jumping for joy..
    Due to the extra manuals in the bin I believe some were sold already or maybe there was another bin I missed ..
    a

I made Three Videos..

As I pulled them out of the Bin..
    http://youtu.be/jwZWLjEskfQ
    On my Floor
    http://youtu.be/v8xDlzSoSXw

http://youtu.be/gB8jiXyN4rA
    and at the bottom of the bin was two Fake Gold Chains ..

ALL FOR SALE: going on ebay,maybe in lots..

This puzzle is enjoyable,but I have yet to get the main Ship together..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    OK Catching up on my ..the last few weeks of Flea Market,Garage Sale and meet up with other friends trades..

I picked up Both these for $50.00..(haggle)

The Razor Go Kart Drifter $30.00
    http://www.razor.com/products/electr...force-drifter/
    ..it took a charge,has good batteries..one rear wheel is missing a big chunk of rubber(seller hid that with a smile) ..I bought FOUR rear wheels for $10.00 on ebay,to be here on the 15th..
    I took some rubber and filled in the missing chunk of rubber on the tire so that my Son could drive/test this Kart..

My ultimate Goal is to put Higher rubber tires on it for sidewalk use.
    I’m thinking Maybe the Razor Dune Buggy Wheels will fit..(I just need to find some used-or a whole kart.
    http://www.razor.com/products/electr...ns/dune-buggy/
    Great deal! If you're going to modify it for sidewalk use you might also want to look into decreasing the turning radius. The Drifter karts eat up those rear tires like there's no tomorrow. There's something different between the rear wheels on the Drifter and the rear wheels on the Ground Force Go Kart, can't remember if it was the bearing size or what. The front wheels are identical on both models. The Dune Buggy wheel assemblies are still pretty expensive on Razorama, which is kind of surprising.

I miss my Razor Pocket Rocker PR200 that I did some power increases on. Never should have sold it when I moved. Their products aren't anything like they used to be - especially that stupid Crazy Cart.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 03-09-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There was a Flea Market at a local high school today. Was pleasantly surprised to find the Gameboy case not empty as it looked flat and a Pokemon Edition GBC inside $15. 3D Ninja Fighter LCD handheld. Very neat item and surprisingly fun to play $4. Pitfall II $3 in a random case of war memorabilia. Extra credit for people who know what system it is for (I guessed wrong).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	7388

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dashopepper View Post
    Extra credit for people who know what system it is for (I guessed wrong).
    Looks like Commodore? Thought it was an XE / 400 / 800 version?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Picked up a couple of great stuff from the past few weeks to recently:

- Bravely Default: Collector's Edition

- Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition

And one of my favorite additions thus far:

- Dark Souls II Collector's Edition

Now I am off to savor such goodness <3

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zama View Post
    Picked up a couple of great stuff from the past few weeks to recently:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54...ps65b0f059.jpg

- Bravely Default: Collector's Edition

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54...ps1ee47743.jpg

- Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition

And one of my favorite additions thus far:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54...ps5e9dfaab.jpg

- Dark Souls II Collector's Edition

Now I am off to savor such goodness <3

Zama-san, you always put a smile in my face with your purchases; you really have an exquisite taste in games. I have been hunting bravely default CE because I missed the pre-orders on mexican stores (999 pesos) and after market they cost at least 1,700 pesos (130 usd)

Cheers, mate !.
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

I have never owned a wii or any wii games at all, until a few days ago I bought a huge collection. I scored a wii with approx 70 complete retail games, about 12 various controllers, and the wii has an SD card with 75+ virtual console games on it. All but 2 games are complete, which really blew my mind. Below are pictures of the games in the lot. I got a pretty amazing deal on the lot. Im truly amazed at how many good games the previous owner had.