Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: March 2014 Finds

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    That's awesome, man. I love the Game Gear. As a fellow Game Gear collector, I appreciate what you have. As matter of fact, I would have a complete Sonic Game Gear collection too, but I'm missing Sonic Blast, Tails' Sky Patrol, and Sonic Drift 1. I've actually had all the other ones since I was a young Game Gear player in the early 90's when the Game Gear was new.

Here's to a bunch more games added to your collection, man. It's got a great library.
    Thanks for the kind words! It's great to hear from another Game Gear Collector!

on that note, I recently scored a few games I've wanted in my collection for a while, too...

Lot of 4 GG games - $10

Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
    Lucky Dime Caper Starring Donald Duck
    Paperboy
    Columns (already have a copy, for resale)

I LOVE SEGA/Disney platformers and found 2 of the titles I wanted most in the same lot. Haggled down from $12 to $10. Paperboy's pretty neat since I've had Paperboy 2 for about a year now, so I've got both there. Already got a columns, this one's for resale.

Lot of 10 GG games - ~$25? I think it was around $24.92 after conversion including 6 pounds/$10 shipping.

This one was interesting because I got it from the UK - it's strange to bid in a different currency than your own, but kinda cool once you've got the conversion rate down.

But oh, were there spoils in this one, WELL worth jumping on.

The haul?

Crystal Warriors
    Factory Panic (UK Exclusive!)
    Global Gladiators (UK Exclusive!)
    Paperboy (UK Version)
    The Little Mermaid
    Power Rangers (UK Version)
    Space Harrier
    Columns
    Sonic 1
    Sonic 2

I've already got Shining Force: Sword of Hajya and I'm loving the heck out of it, but I'll GLADLY add Crystal Warriors to my collection. To my knowledge, Crystal Warriors and Shining Force Sword of Hajya are the only Strat RPGs that were localized on the Game Gear, and are two of a mere three (five if you count Dragon Crystal and Ax Battler) localized RPGs on the system as a whole. Still need Defenders of Oasis at some point, it looks pretty damn good for a turn-based RPG (regardless of it being the only localized one on the console :P)

Factory Panic's kind of interesting. It started out as a game starring Russian leader Mikhail Gorbachev called "Ganbare, Gorby!" in Japan where "Gorby" busts into a factory and gives poor people in need vital supplies, like Meat, Medicine and...Game Gears? while defending himself from various guards with a projectile burp attack. It's not the first time SEGA's given a politician his own game, but Ganbare Gorby ends up being a very enjoyable action/puzzle game outside of its "license". Factory Panic itself was A UK-exclusive release that reskinned Gorby to resemble a blond-haired kid not entirely unlike porky/pokey from earthbound. A strange title for sure, but one I've wanted in my collection ever since I came across it. Why UK Exclusive? Probably just too weird for the US.

Mick and Mack...hoo boy. I only care about this port for one reason.

This otherwise innocent port contains quite possibly one of the most terrifying ronald mcdonald sprites ever made. It's so hilariously horrifying that I ended up doing an entire cartoon based on it. The actual game within seems...allright? Obviously the Genesis version's better, I suppose it'll do in a pinch, but the real reason I want this guy is because of that damn ronald sprite. It's pretty obvious why this nightmare fuel-injected ecological platformer never came to the states.

(As for actual playability, Ronald in the Magical World is HIGH on my GG want list, especially because it takes a few elements (music, sprite style, etc) from McDonalds Treasure Land Adventure, one of my favorite games on the SEGA Genesis.)

I don't have the little mermaid and I'm not sure whether I want to keep it or not since the port is so horrid. Meh, I guess I'll let it stick around for now.

Everything else in the lot is something I've already got. UK Paperboy, Space Harrier and UK Power Rangers all seem to be slightly higher value titles, Columns and the Sonics are cheap but wanted; I should be able to break even with those.
    Last edited by recorderdude; 04-16-2014 at 01:40 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a pretty good GameGear haul at one point. http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ber-2013-Finds. It is a fun system to collect for although I don't play many games on the system but rather played the versions on the 3DS virtual console.

I've been thinking of doing an A/V mod on one of my systems. I cant find the link right now but have you guys ever looked into it?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I wouldn't expect a huge flip on that lot, Daryll.
    Maybe the Zeldas but the rest of that is typical ebay lot fodder.

I'm surprised at the FF3 DS from Goodwill. Isn't that a Japanese LE console?

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    I wouldn't expect a huge flip on that lot, Daryll.
    Maybe the Zeldas but the rest of that is typical ebay lot fodder.

I'm surprised at the FF3 DS from Goodwill. Isn't that a Japanese LE console?

Thanks..If I can flip it for double or atleast 'some profit I'll be happy...

I'm not sure if I should just lot it or list each game,things have been so slow..

The guy brought me some more games loose games last weekend a few NES boxed...