Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Picked up Little Big Planet Vita and Need for Speed Most Wanted, both for PS Vita, at $15 for both (basically $7.50 each). In reality it was a "But 1 Get 1 Free" deal, so I took advantage.

Pondering if I should pick up Playstation All Starts and Uncharted, both for PS Vita, for $15 (both together). Reason I did not pick it up was because I already have them in digital format, but have yet to actually play them.

Don't know what to do.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Drill Dozer's rumble is indeed the reason the cart is bigger.

Anyhoo, one last find for a while, this is the last thing I'm buying until I move the rest of my resale stock (so you guys won't see game gear stuff so often, sorry about that :P).

At the very least, goin' out with a bang. 7-game GG lot BiN for $14, so $2 a pop...

The Lost World: Jurassic Park
    Baku Baku
    Zoop
    Super Columns
    Sonic 2
    Sonic Chaos
    Sonic Triple Trouble

Lost World in particular is the crown jewel of the lot because it's the last commercially-released game for the GG, all the way in 1997, and actually pretty good to boot. The cart alone EASILY hits $15 and seems to sell...oddly well for an obscure licensed game on GG. Baku Baku and Super Columns are two games I wanted to add to the collection for a while, and Zoop seems pretty fun (and not the easiest to come by) but not very desired so it'll be for keeps too. I've got too many sonics so the three sonic games here will definitely go to resale.

By the by, congrats to vintagegamecrazy for the nuon find! That seems like a rather interesting system.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It didn't end with the Nuon..........

Private Sale for $45 from a user on these boards. This is nearly flawless and with this purchase I now have a complete U.S. Sega Master System collection.

My Mom's boyfriend raids the local electronics scrap bin near their apartment several times a week. He's gotten several 30+ inch flat screen TVs that were easy to repair for a few bucks in parts. He also saved several boxes of stuff for me and there was a ton more stuff that what I am posting. I only kept the stuff I wanted and tossed the stuff which was mostly useless PC parts back. The following was some great stuff that may really surprise many of you.

This is an old HP tape drive that's apparently worth a few bucks so I'm gonna sell it.

Sata and Molex cords, a USB to serial adapter (useful maybe) and a small electronics handheld vacuum with a bag and brush for the end, looks unused (very useful for game system repair)

3 250GB IDE hard drives, 164GB Sata HD and 1 1TB Sata HD (untested but very very nice as I rapair and resell junk computers) Untested though but hopefully they work!

Very rough shape Mac Powerbook G4 (not even sure if it's good for parts at this point) Old HP Pentium M slimline tower (only 1.7Ghz. and gutted.) I have so many old parts lying around that I'm going to throw some of the less desirable ones in there and sell it for like $30-$40 or so with no Operating System.

5 port USB card, Mac keyboard and 2 Logitech PS/2 keyboards good for throwing in old PC sales

This surprised the heck out of me and really caught me off guard. My mom said her boyfriend was even excited to find this just sitting in a bag. It's nearly flawless and I have tested it and it works like a dream and is really clean. This was fantastic as it's worth a ton of cash to resell. I don't know what I'm more excited about, finding it for free or knowing that it's spared a undeserved death!

If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Congrats on the quasi dumpster dive finds. I have found so much awesome electronical stuffs dumpster diving. Some of it even made its way in to my and my friends main computers. Never found a n64 diving but I once found a tg-16

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Saturdays Flea Market was a bust ..
    All I picked up was two pair of Motorcycle Racing Gloves..

Sunday:
    I got a bunch of stuff in a meet up with another flea picker.

He gave me a Sega 32X Box,no system..The box has wear and it’s paperwork..but this plastic piece was bopping around in it..

I want to sell the piece as I know it’ll just wind up getting burried deep in my crap..

But I don’t know what it’s for..I tried to plug it in the bottom of as Sega Genesis 1 and 2 ..it does not fit..

I looked up various Ebay listings for 32X and Sega CD and noticed it within an auction but it does not state what it is.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

My guess would be a cover for a Genesis extension port (the port normally used by the Sega CD).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Quote Originally Posted by eskobar View Post
    Zama-san, you always put a smile in my face with your purchases; you really have an exquisite taste in games. I have been hunting bravely default CE because I missed the pre-orders on mexican stores (999 pesos) and after market they cost at least 1,700 pesos (130 usd)

Cheers, mate !.
    Aw thanks! Grabbing Bravely Default CE for a reasonable price is quite slim right now, but hopefully, the hype will start to die down a bit by the summer months and the prices more desirable

Now one more jewel to add to the collection:

-Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Collector's Edition

Now all I need is some extra time off and I'll be set!

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    So why is Drill Dozer in an over-sized cart like that? I have the game, but never even opened it, I'm afraid.
    Crack it open as it is one of the most entertaining GBA games I have ever played and makes excellent use of the control setup of the system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

my march finds so far...

4th time trying to post this so it might get funky

first, my imports, all of this shipped (plus a PS3 game in another image) was about $40
    the pokemon thing is Tretta Lab, goes with an arcade game and unfortunately the game pucks are missing from this one but it was only $3 and didn't add much to my SAL shipping

the rest are:
    Gundam Chars Counter Attack $3 PSX
    Mobile Suit Z Gundam very good complete with card $4 Saturn
    Werid McDonalds Happy Meal game with Pa Rapper and Ape Escape $0.01 (I think) PS2
    Rockman 5 $23.75 Famicom

Rockman was the whole reason for all this, I tossed in the rest for fun because it was cheap and they combine shipping
    heres a few pics of how a 3DS XL fits into it...

another crappy thing is I cant get the software downloaded, its not a regional thing its just not there any more. the web address for the software that was in the packaging goes to a 404 on nintendo's Japanese site
    I might take it apart to see how this thing works any way, its odd there are 2 windows for the camera in the unit, the cards don't extend down infront of them either, maybe NFC to the system or possibly RFID to the unit it self because it has its own power source and it in no way makes a electrical connection to the 3DS so maybe its bringing info up in those windows and the software on the 3DS decodes it and displayes your pokemon puck stats and pokemon model...who knows its strange I think I am gonna take it apart

ANOTHER APF tv fun 401a, second one in about 3 months which is odd because its not a common unit.
    it was $5
    pokemon X was $20 NEW
    Land Before Time games were $1 ea
    Armored Core 4A (or For Answer) was part of my $40 bundle from japan it in it self was $4

3 Laser Discs $3.99 Ea
    Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    Star Trek V
    2001 a Space Odyssey

almost didn't buy 2001 because I don't like that movie but it was the only thing in that pile that held any value
    amazon price for the others were about $3 bucks plus shipping and of course you don't know the real shape when buying online

and of course a Laser Disc player
    Pioneer CLD-1090 with REMOTE! $30
    3rd Laser Disc player I have bought, first one to have a remote
    Manufacture Date of April 1991. It was close to death, I found the unit, and when you find a unit at a goodwill you know movies are near by and that's how I found the ones above, there were others but I knew these movies
    Brought it home and it wasn't spinning discs, opened it up last night, cleaned the lens and it started spinning discs again and working, go fig. it could tell what kind of disc (CD or LD) was in there but it wouldn't spin them up.

cleaned the rest of it let it run through one whole side un interrupted of star trek twice while I gamed on HAWKEN and now it seems fine, Going to sell one of my other LD players soon-ish so watch the Classifieds if you want one
    Last edited by Niku-Sama; 03-25-2014 at 04:03 AM. Reason: forgot the import titles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got INSANELY lucky tonight. There was literally no way I could turn this down when I spotted it.

ALL OF THESE ARE COMPLETE IN BOX.

Itchy and Scratchy Game
    Adventures of Batman and Robin
    Primal Rage
    Judge Dredd (UK)
    Power Rangers
    Shinobi (UK release)

Total price? $36. $6 A POP.

CiB for any game gear game is pretty damn hard to come by (save for the majesco rereleases), and it's usually the only time GG collecting ever gets expensive outside of Mega Man. 3 days ago, JUST the box and manual for Itchy and Scratchy sold for $44 on ebay, and 3 months ago a complete UK Judge Dredd sold for the US equivalent of about $50. I'm at LEAST planning to sell enough of these to make up the purchase, so if anyone's interested in any, hit me up and I'll get back to you once they arrive with a decent price and tons of pictures.
    Last edited by recorderdude; 03-27-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    My guess would be a cover for a Genesis extension port (the port normally used by the Sega CD).

Thank you,I tried it and it fits the Genesis 2 System...took a lil bit to get it on carefully..

Here's the 32x box it came in..Picture taken for member here or to go on ebay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy View Post
    Lets warm this thread up a few degrees with an epic find from last night!!StoryI'm going to be moving in a few weeks and I've been going through my garage getting my gaming stuff organized for the move. It's all my selling stuff so I'm trying to get a few things sold too. I found several consoles that only need a cord or two to get complete and wanted to get these on craigslist. My wife went out for the night and I decided that why not run to Goodwill since it's only about a mile from me and see if I got lucky and complete a few systems. I went on over and was browsing through the game section and started talking to another guy that was also looking for games too. We didn't find anything much and I walked off and started looking at the electronics section. I was browsing through the misc. section of cords and controllers and what not. I spotted three Logitech controllers that look like they were from the DOS era but then I caught the Nuon logo on them. They were marked at $1.99 each. I started making small talk with the same guy and he didn't have a clue about what it was or had even heard about it.I have never found more that a random Nuon scrap before this, occasionally copy of Ballistic and that's about it. I finally realize that I need to start searching for the system. I walk over to the DVD player and stereo section and sure enough, there it is! A Toshiba version in all its glory! Price $9.99!Now I'm getting excited and knew there had to be games somewhere for this thing! Pretty Please! I realized that I hadn't looked through the DVD shelf which is on the opposite side of the game shelf and start browsing. This is all the way on the other side of the store now and I spot a beautiful copy of Tempest 3000 for $3.99 and start looking for more and find a copy of Freefall 3050 A.D. Oddly marked at $1.99 (why they're priced differently is beyond me since I know they didn't have a clue what these were and they price gouge in a heardbeat when they know what it is).Grand Total $22.40 with tax and their %5 discount for purchases over $20I was absolutely stoked on the way home and nearly lost it in excitement. I got home and hooked it up after I finished in my garage and it works flawlessly and I already have Ballistic so now I have three games for this crazy rare system!!
    Congrats, man! That's a great find! Freefall 3050 A.D. is a pretty decent game too, once you get into the game mechanic and wrap your head around the controls. You might have a hard time with those Logitech controllers, the analog sticks don't have the same amount of travel the non-Logitech ones did. A lot of people opened their controller cases open and sanded down the plastic edges of the analog stick hub so it can pivot farther.I notice you didn't have a remote control for it. You should check the store for a box full of old remotes like a lot of thrifts have. If I recall, the Toshiba SD-2300's remote has a pop-out keypad kind of thing on it.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS1 Resident Evil 2, Xenogears & Dragon Quest Characters-Toruneko no Daibouken 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii, $5.99 each at Goodwill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$9 (I'm aware it's not a massive deal as this game's a common in japan, but I needed to pick up a copy because of the next thing...)

$15

This thing right here has been a massive pain in the ASS to find on ebay/available for purchase in the US in any way other than a ridiculously overpriced buy it now for a long time. A complete copy sold for $40-50ish a while back, but on average, one cart sells PER YEAR. After three years of looking, I FINALLY got my hands on a copy of this game, and can now say:

I own every "Sonic" series game on the SEGA game gear.

This is what I originally started collecting on the console to do. In the process, I've stumbled upon a lot of great titles for the system, and grown attached to the portly black battery muncher (which has since been replaced with a shiny blue slightly-less-battery munchy LED modded system.)

Where to go from here? There's still plenty I want to add to my library later on, but for now...time to play the two "SEGA GAME GEAR" branded suitcases of treasure I've accrued.
    Last edited by recorderdude; 04-02-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SteveW I went back and found the remote the next day for a buck and then a few days later a copy of Merlin Racing turned up for 2 bucks too which made everything all the more sweet!
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love eBay sometimes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Playstation-...vip=true&rt=nc

Listed as a toy, picture of some PS1 harry potter game nobody cares about leading...but what's actually in this lot?

Metal Gear Solid (Black Label)
    Q-Bert
    Frogger
    Rayman Brain Games
    Dexter's Lab: Mandark's Lab?
    The Dukes of Hazzard: Racing for Home
    Bowling
    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

All complete, Buy it now for $10. Yeah, the lot's not all stellar, but seeing as MGS is hitting an average of $15 complete on its own, not a bad deal at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I picked up this lot of NES games for $40.00 off a friend..as is....32 games and a few manuals...He actually only wanted 32 bux as he originally bought the lot for $20.00.. but he delivered them to me in person..His car has a dead tail light bulb,I threw him the extra money told him to go get a new bulb..

Tengen Gauntlet and Afterburner on Top

I’m not trying to sit on this lot I want to flip it fast...
    But I’m playing each game,testing them..
    So far I played Maniac Mansion..and RC Pro Am

This ones interesting..
    It’s smashed..but it works

What I missed:
    Message from my friend.

Did you hear about the $500.00 buckets of games this weekend. I never got to even see them, but they were in boxes, complete. I talked to the guy who bought them. he offered to show them to me, but I was getting ready to split..

All the game guys were talking about the games. guys we know passed it up. Others did too so it probably wasn't a super deal.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recorderdude View Post
    I own every "Sonic" series game on the SEGA game gear.

This is what I originally started collecting on the console to do. In the process, I've stumbled upon a lot of great titles for the system, and grown attached to the portly black battery muncher (which has since been replaced with a shiny blue slightly-less-battery munchy LED modded system.)

Where to go from here? There's still plenty I want to add to my library later on, but for now...time to play the two "SEGA GAME GEAR" branded suitcases of treasure I've accrued.
    That's awesome, man. I love the Game Gear. As a fellow Game Gear collector, I appreciate what you have. As matter of fact, I would have a complete Sonic Game Gear collection too, but I'm missing Sonic Blast, Tails' Sky Patrol, and Sonic Drift 1. I've actually had all the other ones since I was a young Game Gear player in the early 90's when the Game Gear was new.

Here's to a bunch more games added to your collection, man. It's got a great library.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tried starting an April 2014 finds thread but it seems to have disappeared; guess I'll put this in here then...

$59.99 for everything at Goodwill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I was wondering. April Gibbs probably got lost over the switch back and forth. Probably stay up there if you started it again