Thread: snes games...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default snes games...

mine , no doubt , is darius twin, side scrollin plane shooter, this game is quite short but their are several paths to take, it can be hard , i go to the options and give myself 8 lives, haha...weapon , first and secondary powerups, and shield power ups too, and lastly the music , for a 16 bit game , i think is just outstanding, love the music , so this is the one game i always cud play in a crunch why its my fav... so did i not play enough games growin up , haha , and wuts some of yalls favs?

and sry guys im gettin alittle thread happy, i wont put up another for little, and im lookin for ideas for snes games to try and get, you guys have already helped me so far,awesome...
    Last edited by RoleyDre; 03-06-2014 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If you like Shooters, I recommend Space Megaforce. Since I'm a huge fan of arcade ports i recommend Mr. Do and Arkanoid Doh It Again. Oh and Classic Kong is a great Donkey Kong port homebrew.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    If you like Shooters, I recommend Space Megaforce. Since I'm a huge fan of arcade ports i recommend Mr. Do and Arkanoid Doh It Again. Oh and Classic Kong is a great Donkey Kong port homebrew.
    sweet!!thanks alot,wht kind of shooters are they?...i do like all types of games,space mega force sounds like an plane shooter,and that second one you mentioned,i love the title,haha im check em ou fo sho...

sry,i changed the name of the thread,cause i wanna ask about some snes rpgs, are their any that are good and simple turnbased rpgs,ive never really played hardly any for the snes,and is why im asking bout them,most of them i play on ps2 dragonquest,xenosaga,final fantasy,and parasite eve on ps1 is the only one i have for ps1...so im just curious,and im writing all these titles down that i see on here,and dont feel obligated to reply ,just if you wanna,wont hurt my feelins if ya dont...thx
    Last edited by RoleyDre; 03-06-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RoleyDre View Post
    sweet!!thanks alot,wht kind of shooters are they?...i do like all types of games,space mega force sounds like an plane shooter,and that second one you mentioned,i love the title,haha im check em ou fo sho...

sry,i changed the name of the thread,cause i wanna ask about some snes rpgs, are their any that are good and simple turnbased rpgs,ive never really played hardly any for the snes,and is why im asking bout them,most of them i play on ps2 dragonquest,xenosaga,final fantasy,and parasite eve on ps1 is the only one i have for ps1...so im just curious,and im writing all these titles down that i see on here,and dont feel obligated to reply ,just if you wanna,wont hurt my feelins if ya dont...thx
    There's tons. I don't own any of them myself, cuz I don't have that kinda budget for those outrageous prices, and I'm also not the biggest RPG nut, either. I like them more now, after playing a few Final Fantasies, but growing up I never had the patience. I had ADD and wanted to shoot stuff. Anyway, I can't speak from personal experience, but there's tons. Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Final Fantasy 2 and 3, Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia...

Mr. Do is a cool game tho, I haven't tried the SNES version, but it's basically a Dig Dug clone. At least the version I have is, on Colecovision.

I don't have a ton of SNES games, cuz most r frustratingly expensive rite now, but I love Kirby Superstar. I think it is totally amazing, lives in the shadow of all the other great platformers on the system, but just like Kirby's Adventure, it's gorgeous, fun, creative, and just amazing to play. It says 6 games in 1 on it, but they're not mini games. They're more like 6 stories that are unrelated. With 2 mini games. It's straight up Kirby platformer adventure. It's amazing, and I wish the old Kirbies got more attention. I know they get attention, and they're very well-known, but I never hear people talk about them. Everyone gushes over Mario and Contra and Mega Man, which are all excellent, but Kirby is sort of overlooked.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Check out http://www.playingwithsuperpower.com. There is over 100 reviews of SNES games with lots of gameplay pics. It'll give you ideas for games and maybe help you expand your collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    Check out http://www.playingwithsuperpower.com. There is over 100 reviews of SNES games with lots of gameplay pics. It'll give you ideas for games and maybe help you expand your collection.
    sweet!!thx alot,you are awesome!!i sure will...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanoid_Katamari View Post
    There's tons. I don't own any of them myself, cuz I don't have that kinda budget for those outrageous prices, and I'm also not the biggest RPG nut, either. I like them more now, after playing a few Final Fantasies, but growing up I never had the patience. I had ADD and wanted to shoot stuff. Anyway, I can't speak from personal experience, but there's tons. Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Final Fantasy 2 and 3, Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia...

Mr. Do is a cool game tho, I haven't tried the SNES version, but it's basically a Dig Dug clone. At least the version I have is, on Colecovision.

I don't have a ton of SNES games, cuz most r frustratingly expensive rite now, but I love Kirby Superstar. I think it is totally amazing, lives in the shadow of all the other great platformers on the system, but just like Kirby's Adventure, it's gorgeous, fun, creative, and just amazing to play. It says 6 games in 1 on it, but they're not mini games. They're more like 6 stories that are unrelated. With 2 mini games. It's straight up Kirby platformer adventure. It's amazing, and I wish the old Kirbies got more attention. I know they get attention, and they're very well-known, but I never hear people talk about them. Everyone gushes over Mario and Contra and Mega Man, which are all excellent, but Kirby is sort of overlooked.
    haha,i have add as well,and im broke too,but i do have kirbys dream course on snes,its pretty fun,thanks for the replies fellas,duely noted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes this is made for the Super Famicom, but it is a very complete database broken down into genres, descriptions, pictures. We got a lot of what was really worth playing, and there were some we got hosed on, but they'll be marked there so you know if we're talking buying real carts and not ROM play. Even if you were to get the overseas carts they're not expensive in the big picture, not like the US stuff currently.

http://superfamicom.org

That link in my signature is my game list, the SNES has quite a few titles I've bought over the years from when it was alive to current and I'd qualify them all worth playing and owning but I surely am missing some things I think I'd love to have eventually with the right price or mood to buy.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RoleyDre View Post
    sweet!!thx alot,you are awesome!!i sure will...

haha,i have add as well,and im broke too,but i do have kirbys dream course on snes,its pretty fun,thanks for the replies fellas,duely noted
    Yea, get Superstar. Thats the one to get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanoid_Katamari View Post
    Yea, get Superstar. Thats the one to get.
    okay,ill be looking for games on the 20th of this month,when all my money is not tied up ,and ima try and buy a few games,and i shall put this on my list indeed thanks alot,and im gettin out the snes tonight to play some final fight,that vid on the other thread made me so jealous i didnt get very far in that game,haha but im also play few others,i wish their was like a livefyre chat on here,but this is great site none the less

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Yes this is made for the Super Famicom, but it is a very complete database broken down into genres, descriptions, pictures. We got a lot of what was really worth playing, and there were some we got hosed on, but they'll be marked there so you know if we're talking buying real carts and not ROM play. Even if you were to get the overseas carts they're not expensive in the big picture, not like the US stuff currently.

http://superfamicom.org

That link in my signature is my game list, the SNES has quite a few titles I've bought over the years from when it was alive to current and I'd qualify them all worth playing and owning but I surely am missing some things I think I'd love to have eventually with the right price or mood to buy.
    thanks for the link,i shall check them both out,thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...eller=&sr=1-44

wondering what yall think of this game....i am only looking at it because it is an rpg,and its super cheap,i looked at the listing,has a few in acceptable condition with light wear,that still play...so what yall think of this game ?...its only 6 bucks shipped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That game has far more haters than lovers. It's one of those try and fail a lot until you get somewhere types if you don't just straight up use a guide the whole time because the appearance it kind of has is of one of no sense of direction. It's neat how you have this open world and all with these 3D pop up (and not) landmarks and weird creatures, but it's just very uniquely and oddly balanced. I've watched it play and know I couldn't tolerate it but I know I've read a few peoples comments on how they enjoy it despite being different. Personally I'd avoid it but who knows.

If you want some SOLID gameplay based help, look no further than snesguide.com which has youtube videos of every single US game released (NES too.)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I enjoyed Drakkhen, and played through it in the early 1990s with no major headaches. But it's an oddball game and for most players it's a very acquired taste at best. I really like the music, much of which has an ambient/spacy quality (especially at night). It's simplistic, but still manages to capture a Brian Eno-esque quality at times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    I enjoyed Drakkhen, and played through it in the early 1990s with no major headaches. But it's an oddball game and for most players it's a very acquired taste at best. I really like the music, much of which has an ambient/spacy quality (especially at night). It's simplistic, but still manages to capture a Brian Eno-esque quality at times.
    okay thanks,greatly appreciated...i do like simple setup,like dragonquest 8 on ps2 so very simple,and fun....i do tend to get frustrated at games,fricken bongo bongo on zelda oot drove me insane!!!haha but ima check it out...

That game has far more haters than lovers. It's one of those try and fail a lot until you get somewhere types if you don't just straight up use a guide the whole time because the appearance it kind of has is of one of no sense of direction. It's neat how you have this open world and all with these 3D pop up (and not) landmarks and weird creatures, but it's just very uniquely and oddly balanced. I've watched it play and know I couldn't tolerate it but I know I've read a few peoples comments on how they enjoy it despite being different. Personally I'd avoid it but who knows.

If you want some SOLID gameplay based help, look no further than snesguide.com which has youtube videos of every single US game released (NES too.)
    okay thx alot,yea i did notice the reviews were really mixed at a solid 3,but the price of this thing i just may pull the trigger,cause i need a game like this to play on snes,i love old school rpgs,so simple...but thnks for the input,i will save this website indeed....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well if you end up liking it I believe Dragon View was the sequel. Another kind of PC style old school one to maybe check out would be Arcana.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well if you end up liking it I believe Dragon View was the sequel. Another kind of PC style old school one to maybe check out would be Arcana.
    okay thanks i did look at reviews for arcana,and i found a copy of final fantasy mystic quest for like 11 bucks shipped,on ebay,i didnt buy anything last night,i fricken fell asleep,but thanks and ima look at sumo vids and stuff of some gameplay,thanks alot erbody,yall are awesome

and thanks for these website yall have given me,i have been paroosin these like crazy lookin ,so thx again

and sry im just so unsure what to get ,mainly cause i dont really have any money to spend,i was gonna wait till 20th,but was gonna try and find a cheap game to get me started...though its looking like drakkhan for sure right now though,god i hate bein broke!!!!
    Last edited by RoleyDre; 03-09-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well if you end up liking it I believe Dragon View was the sequel.
    It's also considered a much better game, from what I read (though the price seems to reflect that). The game switched to a side-view hack and slash game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the hack of Zelda. Link to the past. Parraell worlds. Great hard Zelda to play. Enjoy it a lot About as much as the original. Final fantasy mystic quest is good actually all final fantasy titles are good lagoon I like
    Current Collection Stats As Of 12/10/2013 : Cartridges - 206 ( 182 unique titles 24 label variations ) : Cassettes - 21 :

Currently in the market for :

+ Atari 8 bit game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
    + Atari 8 Bit Prototype and Demo cartridges
    + Atari 8 bit manuals and boxes

PM me if you see anything above that you have doubles or interest in getting rid of.

Check out my
    Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at http://www.a8museum.com
    Atari 8-Bit Museum on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/392317377550512/
    And on Ebay under the handle ThePaperVault

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Adding to the SNES link list

www.rvgfanatic.com

www.videogameden.com

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!