Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Default Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn

Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn

Shaq-Fu returns and this time we won't FU it up!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sh...-legend-reborn

I'm supporting by contributing $150 to be a voice actor in the game. I'll be part of history, bad history perhaps, but history still.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buzz_n64 View Post

I'm supporting by contributing $150 to be a voice actor in the game. I'll be part of history, bad history perhaps, but history still.
    I absolutely will never support an Indiegogo Flexible Funding campaign. Crowdfunding is risky enough without letting a project creator keep your money whether they raise enough to deliver or not. Also, now that Shaq and the developers get the joke, it takes away the appeal of a sequel. The brilliance of Shaq Fu is that a number of people on the original development team and the the publisher and their marketing department actually thought it might be a good game.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Am I the only one who doesn't think Shaq Fu was that horrible? I mean it's horrible, and its cheesy as hell, but theres tonsa games that are way worse. Everything Shaq touched that wasn't a basketball back then was cheesy. His movies, his rap albums, (ughh my god), were all terrible. This games pretty awful, but I couldn't tell exactly why this sticks out as one of the worst of alltime. I can think of way worse.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

^People are sheep. Shaq Fu is a terrible game so even if it isn't the worst in the world, it's a pretty awful game that atleast deserves its hate. But there are tons of people out there who praise games or bash games, or companies(EA for example,) only because they want to part of the group. Most people who bash Shaq Fu probably don't even know what the game looks like let alone have played the game.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    ^People are sheep. Shaq Fu is a terrible game so even if it isn't the worst in the world, it's a pretty awful game that atleast deserves its hate. But there are tons of people out there who praise games or bash games, or companies(EA for example,) only because they want to part of the group. Most people who bash Shaq Fu probably don't even know what the game looks like let alone have played the game.
    I picked it up not to long ago from a game shop for maybe $2 or something, and its really just a mediocre fighting game. Its not good at all, but I don't get why it gets so much attention. I thought the same with E.T on Atari. My first impressions of E.T was that, ok, it's confusing just like every other adventure game on Atari, and I have no clue wat to do. But at least E.T. was rendered well, I think. Maybe that's a bad example, in light of the huge financial loss that happened due to that game.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanoid_Katamari View Post
    Its not good at all, but I don't get why it gets so much attention.
    It had a lot of hype and promotion when it first came out, when people bought the game it was a major letdown and people were pissed. It's not like it was a cheap budget game when it came out, something that has low expectations to begin with. It was supposed to be good and was priced high at release.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

I'm in the promo video! Check me out @ 1:05 and 1:27. One week left in the Indiegogo campaign!

Insert Coin (Level 0) profholt82's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    profholt82

Can I donate money to prevent this from being released?

Watch my videos, will ya?! https://www.youtube.com/user/profholt82

Insert Coin (Level 0) Little Miss Gloom's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    littlemissgloom

This got funded. I can't remember the exact numbers (nor really care to do competent enough research because lolshaqfu), but I believe the overall kickstarter surpassed the goal by like $45,000. So... Clearly, people want a Shaq game over a Shenmue sequel.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Gloom View Post
    This got funded. I can't remember the exact numbers (nor really care to do competent enough research because lolshaqfu), but I believe the overall kickstarter surpassed the goal by like $45,000. So... Clearly, people want a Shaq game over a Shenmue sequel.
    I don't know about that. The actual number of people who pledged for the game is only about 1300 which is very, very low for a video game crowdfunding campaign. Most of the funding came from higher tiers that were about getting to spend time with Shaq. Indeed, someone paid $35K for Shaq to DJ at a party and five people paid $15K each to have lunch at Shaq's home. I would suspect these are simply sports fans who could care less about the game. In any event, I don't think this was some massive endorsement of the game or a sign that Shenmue is somehow less popular.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Little Miss Gloom's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    littlemissgloom

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I would suspect these are simply sports fans who could care less about the game.
    I don't know about that, dude. I highly doubt most sports fans (including die hards, who even would care about Shaq in today's age), likely would even know this kickstarter existed. I suspect most people who donated were smart asses or Internet trolls. I don't think ANYBODY in their right mind would want a second Shaq game -- unless some how, some way, the endorsement video convinced them a new Shaq game could be half-way decent.

Research confirms that the campaign earned more than 45k via crowdfunding.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Gloom View Post
    I don't know about that, dude. I highly doubt most sports fans (including die hards, who even would care about Shaq in today's age), likely would even know this kickstarter existed. I suspect most people who donated were smart asses or Internet trolls. I don't think ANYBODY in their right mind would want a second Shaq game -- unless some how, some way, the endorsement video convinced them a new Shaq game could be half-way decent.

Research confirms that the campaign earned more than 45k via crowdfunding.
    Well, the other possibility is that this was entirely a fraud and only a very small group of donors contributed and the project creators essentially backed the rest or used fraudulent accounts to back the rest. I would agree with you that it's hard to believe that someone paid $35K for Shaq to DJ somewhere or $15K for lunch at his house. Unless Indiegogo or the project creators release the final tally of what was collected versus pledged, we'll never know how much of that $450K was really collected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn is now coming to the Nintendo Switch! https://youtu.be/JFX-77vuK8Q

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I can't believe it's been 3 years since I've replied to this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I can't believe it's been 3 years since I've replied to this thread.
    I know it's been an insanely long development process. I think the team consists of 2 or 3 people working on the game, but it's finally looking like they're finishing up. The one positive thing about the delay is that it's coming out on current generation systems like the Switch, although it most likely also means that it most likely now won't be coming out on previous generation systems like the PS3. I currently don't have any current gen systems unless you count PC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buzz_n64 View Post
    I know it's been an insanely long development process. I think the team consists of 2 or 3 people working on the game, but it's finally looking like they're finishing up. The one positive thing about the delay is that it's coming out on current generation systems like the Switch, although it most likely also means that it most likely now won't be coming out on previous generation systems like the PS3. I currently don't have any current gen systems unless you count PC.
    I don't have a problem with the development time, it just didn't feel like so much time went by already. To me it felt like it was just announced as a new project maybe a few months ago, but it's actually been 3 years. Time just flies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Will the game come with a box of Icy Hot?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    Will the game come with a box of Icy Hot?

I'm curious what comes out of it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why does a fat Pitbull turn up at the end of the video?

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I would only buy this game if it featured music from Shaq Fu: the Return, and if Shaq's moves included the likes of throwing Nestle Crunch Bars, powering up by eating Double Decker Tacos, releasing belches fueled by Pepsi, having a super where he unleashes slow-mo kicks with a zoomed in Reebok logo, smashes into folks with a Buick that says "insured by the General," has Icy Hot patches up for blocking... have I run it into the ground yet?

I just want to hear the classic "blink and I'll dunk a million times."