Thread: Can only get two games opinions needed

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Can only get two games opinions needed

So after a very expensive ebay purchase I was rewarded with a large number of ebay bucks around $45.00 I dont want to spend any extra cash and just use the points but try and make them go as far as possible. I wont actually get the points for a month but usually I know what I want way before I get something so im trying to decide between the following four items

Game Boy Advance SP (I had a regular Game Boy Advance along with a Game Boy Color but I sold both and wanted to get a new one right after but I ended up using the money for something else
    I have no way to play original Game Boy along with Game Boy Color games but I dont have that many and I almost never play the ones I have but eventually do want to play
    some of the games for Game Boy Advance games I use a Nintendo DS Lite so thats not a problem)

Shadow Hearts Covenant (Playstation 2) The series has interested me for a while even though I havent played any of the games I pretty much decided on this game because it seemed best

Radiant Historia (Nintendo DS) Been interested in this one two for a while just havent gotten around to trying the game

Lost Odyssey (Xbox 360) Another game that I wanted to buy

By looking at the asking prices on all of these items I might only be able to get one even because some of them are getting up there in price but I want to just say two. If I but the GBASP then that would be the only thing I could buy

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No bad choices, but I would go with Lost Odyssey. It's a good game and lasts a decent amount of time. It's 5 discs I believe.

You seem to like the handhelds, but you might go with the Gamecube and GBA player for Advance games, or save up for the Retron 5 system coming out possibly next month ($100).

I like to imagine the GBA as the second coming of the SNES.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ggallegos1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4811-7358-8350

Radiant Historia and Shadow Hearts seem to be the most expensive and least likely to find for cheap on ebay. That said, the GBA SP can be found pretty easily on craigslist and amazon, but these command higher amounts of money. I'd go with them, especially since RH is a great game well worth the asking price

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shadow Hearts Covenant is one of my favorite RPGs, but to fully enjoy the story, you have to play the original Shadow Hearts first, which unfortunately isn't nearly as good (and to fully enjoy Shadow Hearts, you have to play Koudelka first, which is even worse).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Go with the SP for sure. The GameBoy Advance SP is one of the sexiest handheld devices ever to exist. In my opinion, its the best console Nintendo has ever made ever. But make sure you buy the backlit model and not the frontlit model. The backlit one has a much better and brighter screen that uses the same battery life as the older frontlit one.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Forgot to add one more game that I wanted to get and that game is Odin Sphere for the Playstation 2so maybe that game and Lost Odyssey will not be more than the $45 spending limit

Cherry (Level 1) 8-Bit Archeology's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Steampunk360

I would say get the SP. In this day and age, I have accepted that hendhelds are the best investment for busy people. I am always too busy to sit down and play a game. But I can take my handhelds anywhere. So if I can catch a break I can pop in a game and play wherever, whenever.

Plus the gameboy, gbc and gba , all have a great library to choose from.

Cherry (Level 1) 8-Bit Archeology's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Steampunk360

I would say get the SP. In this day and age, I have accepted that hendhelds are the best investment for busy people. I am always too busy to sit down and play a game. But I can take my handhelds anywhere. So if I can catch a break I can pop in a game and play wherever, whenever.

Plus the gameboy, gbc and gba , all have a great library to choose from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The SP, and in particular you want to look for the 101 model called 'brighter' on the boxes (graphite, pearl blue, pearl pink are the common colors.) This system will run anything from Gameboy Tetris to the end of the GBA with an exception or two for a game made with a motion rocker where the cart port was on the TOP o the system and not the bottom (Yoshi, Kirby Tilt n Tumble.) An extremely vast amount of the GB/GBC/GBA games all are stupid cheap compared to a lot of what's out there with the Nintendo logo on it and the quality, especially in the GBA stuff is there where it still feels like it could have been made today as some indie job or a phone+moga/ouya like download. It's just a more solid investment and handhelds are supremely easy to find 5min or 30min to do for a little when you're quite busy. I find it hard to enjoy console games much anymore since I babysit my two year old working at home and having to go places most the time in the afternoon as it can go places or be done while the TV is tied up.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    a game made with a motion rocker where the cart port was on the TOP o the system and not the bottom (Yoshi, Kirby Tilt n Tumble.)
    I'm assuming Kirby Tilt n Tumble would end up controlling backward or something, but Yoshi Topsy-Turvy was made for that (it has a menu allowing it to be played in a GBA or SP/DS).