Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default High-Priced Ghouls n' Ghosts Ebay Listing

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also love how the lister has NES, SNES, and N64 in the heading. Give. Me. A. Break.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Clonus Horror View Post
    Too Fuckin bad Ebay doesnt have an option for Reporting Price Abuse.

Only 2 things could happen, the jackass will not relist it to gave teh impression that it sold to most people who dont bother to check the original list.
    Or some hipster will buy it and post it on Facebook claiming to be a Deal and then re-seller for even more.

Insert Coin (Level 0) pocketgamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

actually, there is an option for reporting the seller at the bottom corner, I doubt there is much ebay would do about the price gauging though.

59 6F 75 72 20 48 44 44 20 61 64 64 69 6E 67 20 65 6D 62 61 72 72 61 73 73 69 6E 67 20 64 61 74 61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gatucaman View Post
    Too Fuckin bad Ebay doesnt have an option for Reporting Price Abuse.
    Yes, because instead of ignoring it and moving on it is far more sensible to rage about it and demand that eBay remove the listing.
    Mario says "... if you do drugs, you go to hell before you die."

Insert Coin (Level 0) ggallegos1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4811-7358-8350

not even VGA graded. I'll pay $40 shipped, but that's being generous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yay! Go for it. That's a steal of a price man! Stupid...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

That doesn't look like a factory seal, though it's been ages.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ggallegos1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4811-7358-8350

someone make an offer to see how low he'll go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow pretty ballsy considering the majority of the assholes who sullied the Nintendo market are hands off when it comes to Sega. He's just greed, stupid, or both. It's a good game, but really, that much? I doubt he could get that for a stack of GnG prototypes of the NES, SNES, SMS and Genesis combined.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    That doesn't look like a factory seal, though it's been ages.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. The pictures aren't too great, but it doesn't look like it has the hangtab either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

This pisses me off, but for not the reason it does for you guys.

My question is, why does this sort of thing bother you people so much?

It's a free market. People are entitled to sell their own property for whatever amount they want. He could ask for one dollar or a trillion dollars, and it wouldn't make any difference. You guys are even going to the extreme by saying that it's too bad you can't report him for doing this. Doing what, selling an item he owns for a price he has hopes it will sell for?

Most likely it won't sell, but even if it does, why would any of you care? It's OBVIOUS that this isn't worth $5000 to 99.9% of people, but if this guy wants to aim for that .1%, why would that bother any of you? Just passive aggressiveness?
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

even if you reported it for search pratices, they would never remove the item.

I have reported SO many items for things and I have never seen one taken down.
    COMPLETED MY USA SMS SET!!!!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

I think it pisses people off most of the time, because in the occasion an item does sell for a crazy price, that price gets eyeballed by others and becomes the expected new high price that everyone thinks they can sell their item for. Then it tricks people into thinking they can only get the item on demand for that high of a price when it used to be had for lower.

And then when you post wanted ads, you get a ton of idiots sending you emails that you'll never find a broken NES to repair yourself for $10 because they're worth "thousands or dollars", and they'll have your craigslist want ad removed because of it.

With this Sega Genesis game I think that would be less of a worry as long as there are plenty other sealed copies to buy on ebay from time to time. This one also isn't being attempted to sell on some reality TV show.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

but again, its a free market. market value fluctuates and is depends on what people are willing to spend. lets say that this does somehow sell for $5000. Are other sellers really going to start trying to sell to that .1% by copying that? There are overpriced listings all over the place, but those listings just sit there. And its not exclusive to online. In my town there's a cart-only EarthBound for SNES that's priced at $350. Its the seller's decision if they want to see that much, but as a result its sat there on that shelf for the last six months, unsold.

This kind of thing I think is is silly and should be ignored. By discussing this listing, we're giving this guy free advertising, and publicity.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im gonna offer him 10 bucks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Satoshi you're right, he has a right to do it and try and cater to that 0.1% who have that kind of dough and lack the common sense to research the real value. The problem is all it takes is one dick to screw up the values for weeks, months, or permanently depending how high they shoot for the stars and that's what's offensive.

I'm looking for Ogre Battle right now. Up until a week ago you could bag one with no label damage for about $60 shipped, lucky up to $10 less but usually with minor label problems. Some douche put one up for $110 on a BIN and a fool rapidly clicked to buy it. Ever since that point all the stuff going up now wants like $75 for damaged and $90-110 BIN (or start with higher bin) for the same game loose. It just fucks up the averages for people. I'm sure it'll come down eventually as the newest posts in the last day that are reposts have a lower value, but it's just a damned inconvenience, and odds are someone perhaps WILL pay when it hits $70-80 and that'll help create a newer higher average price which sucks all traced back to one assholes greed and another with no common sense clicking BINs in a panic to be first. It's a vicious cycle of asshole behavior between predatory resellers consistently viewing the highest price and adding like 5 bucks and the toolbox newbies who buy into it or the panicked buyer who thinks it will continue to escalate quickly. Sometimes they fall back (Firepower 2000), sometimes they drop some but maintain a new high often (Run Saber 10->30), and other shit just rises to a stupid height and stays there give or take a little wiggle.

Yes it's the market, but it's market manipulation as the basest greediest level using the sucker uninformed fringe to hose the masses over time.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    but again, its a free market.
    Really?, you think that still holds up today?, do you realize that you are kinda, you know, helping the problem?.

Look at Magical Pop on Ebay, the game used to be cheap, and how it has skyrocketed

Do you think this is Fair to YOU?

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    This pisses me off, but for not the reason it does for you guys.

My question is, why does this sort of thing bother you people so much?

It's a free market. People are entitled to sell their own property for whatever amount they want. He could ask for one dollar or a trillion dollars, and it wouldn't make any difference. You guys are even going to the extreme by saying that it's too bad you can't report him for doing this. Doing what, selling an item he owns for a price he has hopes it will sell for?

Most likely it won't sell, but even if it does, why would any of you care? It's OBVIOUS that this isn't worth $5000 to 99.9% of people, but if this guy wants to aim for that .1%, why would that bother any of you? Just passive aggressiveness?
    He can charge what he wants, I don't care, if some sucker has that kinda dough to waste on something marked up hundreds of times over what it's worth, oh well.

BUT... it appears this seller is actually lying about the item. It looks suspiciously like a reseal, not a factory seal as he claims, I mean, the lack of a hang tab, that's a big glaring problem.

Put whatever you want up on sale for whatever price you want but once you lie about what you're actually selling, that's worth getting bothered about.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gatucaman View Post
    Really?, you think that still holds up today?, do you realize that you are kinda, you know, helping the problem?.

Look at Magical Pop on Ebay, the game used to be cheap, and how it has skyrocketed

Do you think this is Fair to YOU?
    What is your definition of "cheap" and how long ago was it.
    Even when I was mass-purchasing SFC games the last couple years, Magical Pop'n was at least $100 loose anywhere.