Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's the Best Video Game Deal You Ever Found?

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Couple years ago I snagged a BIN auction for both Dragon Warrior III and Dragon Warrior IV complete in boxes for $60. At the time DW3 alone was a $60 game, so it was like buy one get one free. Of course now they're both worth much more.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$6 for Croc factory sealed for the saturn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Brand new N64DD dev kit for $200.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My best finds were all pretty close to each other in 2002 - the same year I joined Atariage. I'll just cut and paste the quotes here.

I just started collecting again after many years, just some of the common stuff though, I'm not going to go nuts spending hundreds of $$$ on Quadrun or something like that. Anyway, I got started because of two finds.

One was at a yard sale. Drove up looking for nothing in particular when I spied an all black (vader) shape sitting on the box in the distance. I walked up and realized it was an atari. Underneath in a box was about 40+ games. I asked the lady the price, expecting about 40 or 50 bucks (this is Canadian mind you) and low and behold she said ten bucks for everything. I practically wet myself but with trembling hands managed to pull a ten from my wallet. I got to the car with the box and realized it was really heavy so I pulled the one box up and found another underneath with about another 30 or 40 games. Then the lady came up to me and said she had MORE games in the house, went inside and came out with another box of about 40 or so games. Well by the time I got home I found myself with a darth vader Atari with 120+ games (none really rare but I'm not big on the rare ones anyway), paddles, joysticks, etc for 10 Cdn. I've NEVER found that much for that little in my life!

The other find was at a local Value Village. BOXED games in packages of two for 69 cents each!!! Mostly common stuff but I picked up a boxed Double Dragon and Kung-Fu Master. 22 games altogether for 10 Cdn. I had a coupon too!!!

Both these events happened within a week of each other.
    So I hit another, not so well known store. Nothing special. A few old DOS games but nothing special. I'm feeling bold so I go up to the door to the back room and knock and a nice little old man in his 70's comes out and I ask if he has any Atari games.
    "Sure do!" He says with a big grin. Heart begins to race. He pulls me into the back room. Wow! He pulls out a big cardboard box with games. In the corner, several 2600 jr's and 7800's plus Atari computers with games.
    So for $40.00 (after haggling) I walked out with a 7800 complete with 20 7800 games including 6 that were boxed and mint (origian price tags and plastic wrap) and 79 2600 games. Nothing spectacular except for Pete Rose Baseball and Track and Field. Two nice finds in themselves but I wound up with about 40 that I didn't have and 40 doubles.
    Went back to the same thrift store as above about a week later:

Cool! So for 10 bucks I got:

2 Atari 2600 jr's with two different kinds of silver metal labels
    12 2600 games, all common.
    9 Atari 800 carts including one called "Captain Beeble" - is that rare?
    A bunch of commodore stuff including 5 carts, tapes, books, RF's
    A TI cart called Adventure
    A Tandy Coco cart called Downland.
    A colecovision power supply (no Colecovision or games though )
    1 Atari 130XE
    2 Atari 800XL
    1 Atari 600XL
    1 Atari 400
    1 Atari 1010 tape player
    1 Atari 410 tape player
    2 Atari 1050 drives
    1 Atari 1027 printer
    3 ST magazines
    A bunch of other cables, odds and ends.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have told this before....
    Got a box of over 100 loose NES games at a flea Market for $80. Turns out, I let the box sit in my office for several months. One of my friends wanted to borrow my Zelda cart. I remember seeing a label-less Gold Zelda cart in the box. When I pulled it out, I realized it wasnt a Zelda cart.....it was a Gold NWC cart. Not a bad buy.....works out to 80 cents a cart.

Also picked up a Mega Man 2 NES proto for $3 and a Crystalis proto for $3 each.

Before anyone asks....they are all long gone.
    Sold a few items but last years Colorado Forest Fires took my entire collection. I had an huge collection(some complete collections in over 25 systems), its all gone. Pinballs, arcades, 5000 comics, more video games than most people have ever seen.....up in smoke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGex View Post
    I have told this before....
    Got a box of over 100 loose NES games at a flea Market for $80. Turns out, I let the box sit in my office for several months. One of my friends wanted to borrow my Zelda cart. I remember seeing a label-less Gold Zelda cart in the box. When I pulled it out, I realized it wasnt a Zelda cart.....it was a Gold NWC cart. Not a bad buy.....works out to 80 cents a cart.

Also picked up a Mega Man 2 NES proto for $3 and a Crystalis proto for $3 each.

Before anyone asks....they are all long gone.
    Sold a few items but last years Colorado Forest Fires took my entire collection. I had an huge collection(some complete collections in over 25 systems), its all gone. Pinballs, arcades, 5000 comics, more video games than most people have ever seen.....up in smoke.
    Damn, were you in Black Forest? I had a lot of friends and coworkers evacuated last year as well, but only knew one person who had losses there. The Mountain Shadows fires in 2012 hit a lot more people I knew and that one was just insane. Either way my condolences, I'm hoping this will be a year without fires.