I think too many people, I hear, always talk about how the current-gen gaming world is too watered down, theres nothing but GTA and CoD clones, there's nothing interesting, too many cut-scenes, too many dull hack-n-slash games, too many online shooters that get too repetative, etc.

But I think people are just fulla shit cuz there are so many games out these days, the gaming market has become maybe even more diverse then ever, thanks mostly to the online gaming markets available now on all the newer systems. So u can still go to Gamestop and pick up the newest CoD and GTA and Halo and Assassin's Creed, or go online and find tons and tons of indie games being put out that are SOO diverse.

You see a revival of 2D sidescrollers, beat-em-ups, top-down RPG's, strange puzzle games, not to mention all the retro stuff like the old Nintendo games on the Wii and stuff. My roommate plays nothing but newly-released 2D sidescrollers, and I think people are just being plain ignorant when they say that there's nothing good out there today.

I also think a lotta these games never woulda been made if it weren't for retro games becoming more and more popular. Do u think Super Meatboy would have ever been released in 2001?

Idk, I'm just full of opinions, there they are.