Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Finally started messing around with the DC homebrew/emulation scene

  1. #1
    Strawberry (Level 2) FrankSerpico's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    467
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Finally started messing around with the DC homebrew/emulation scene

    Filled up 12 cd-rs today of various stuff, mostly either older PC ports like Heretic and Rise of the Triad and arcade stuff like Fighter's History Dynamite and the Simpsons. Any advice those of you who've been into the scene far longer than me have to give on games, or sources for games, I should check out? Some of the ports I got, like the Simpsons and an SvC Chaos beta, are far from arcade perfect but still fun to play. I don't really care that some of these ports aren't arcade perfect because outside of converting my Xbox into an emulation machine I'd never be able to play them at home on a non-PC platform anyway
    Last edited by FrankSerpico; 04-03-2014 at 09:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Red (Level 21) Jorpho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    We're all mad here
    Posts
    13,550
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Simpsons? As in Simpsons Quake?

    How about Beats of Rage? Or Propeller Arena?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

  3. #3
    Strawberry (Level 2) FrankSerpico's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    467
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    ^Nope, it's a port of the Simpsons arcade game. It's pretty good, aside from the fact I can't figure out how to play as anyone other than Marge

  4. #4
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    San Jose CA
    Posts
    173
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Dont you have to plug the controller into a different slot other than first player to play as the other characters?

  5. #5
    Strawberry (Level 2) FrankSerpico's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    467
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Anyone know of site with divx formatted movies that I can watch on my DC? I found one, this hilarious '80s horror flick called Deadtime Stories, but that's it

  6. #6
    Great Puma (Level 12) YoshiM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    4,443
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YoshiDM
    PSN
    YoshiDM
    3DS Friend
    0860-4642-4923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankSerpico View Post
    Anyone know of site with divx formatted movies that I can watch on my DC? I found one, this hilarious '80s horror flick called Deadtime Stories, but that's it
    Oh wow, Deadtime Stories. Been decades since I saw that movie.

  7. #7
    Strawberry (Level 2) FrankSerpico's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    467
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I'd love to know if anyone here has experience with the downloadable Bleem beta that supposedly lets you play most PSX games on your DC

  8. #8
    Insert Coin (Level 0) mercuryshadow09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankSerpico View Post
    Filled up 12 cd-rs today of various stuff, mostly either older PC ports like Heretic and Rise of the Triad and arcade stuff like Fighter's History Dynamite and the Simpsons. Any advice those of you who've been into the scene far longer than me have to give on games, or sources for games, I should check out? Some of the ports I got, like the Simpsons and an SvC Chaos beta, are far from arcade perfect but still fun to play. I don't really care that some of these ports aren't arcade perfect because outside of converting my Xbox into an emulation machine I'd never be able to play them at home on a non-PC platform anyway
    Just curious if you have an Xbox why don't you use it, it's a much better console for emulation.

  9. #9
    Strawberry (Level 2) FrankSerpico's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    467
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    My Xbox disc drive is on the fritz. Have to bring it into the local used game shop when i have some more money. Also, since I'm lucky enough to have the Ascii FT pad, I much prefer playing stuff like SNK fighters and beat 'em ups like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs on my DC as opposed to the Xbox

  10. #10
    Insert Coin (Level 0) mercuryshadow09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankSerpico View Post
    My Xbox disc drive is on the fritz. Have to bring it into the local used game shop when i have some more money. Also, since I'm lucky enough to have the Ascii FT pad, I much prefer playing stuff like SNK fighters and beat 'em ups like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs on my DC as opposed to the Xbox
    So you can't mod it? You can get a drive really cheap, I'm just saying you will have a much bigger selection of games on Xbox. I mod them and own six currently, if you need any help let me know.

  11. #11
    Strawberry (Level 2) FrankSerpico's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    467
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Oh, I can definitely mod it it just needs a new disc drive.

  12. #12
    Insert Coin (Level 0) mercuryshadow09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankSerpico View Post
    Oh, I can definitely mod it it just needs a new disc drive.
    There is a guy on another forum selling them for $15 shipped. If you want a link PM me.

  13. #13
    Red (Level 21) Jorpho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    We're all mad here
    Posts
    13,550
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankSerpico View Post
    I'd love to know if anyone here has experience with the downloadable Bleem beta that supposedly lets you play most PSX games on your DC
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...atibility-List
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

  14. #14
    Strawberry (Level 2) FrankSerpico's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    467
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Thank you, sir

  15. #15
    Strawberry (Level 2) FrankSerpico's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    467
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Found an iso of Strider 2 that includes bleem so you don't even need to use a boot disc to play it. Limited replay value for sure, but it's so damn pretty...

  16. #16
    Strawberry (Level 2) FrankSerpico's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    467
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Has anyone come across a Neo4All port of Prehistoric Isle or Prehistoric Isle 2 anywhere?

Similar Threads

  1. Is a Microvision homebrew scene possible?
    By atari2600land in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-28-2012, 10:24 AM
  2. Is there a Playstation Homebrew scene?
    By mezrabad in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 12:12 PM
  3. DP Wire: next homebrew scene?
    By chadtower in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 03:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •