Thread: Sonic 2 - The Importance of the Numbers "19, 65, 9, 17"

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Sonic 2 - The Importance of the Numbers "19, 65, 9, 17"

For those of you who want to get certain codes to work right, these four numbers (an allusion to Yuji Naka's date of birth = September 17, 1965) need to be entered first when the Sound Test is highlighted: 19, 65, 9, 17 (in that order, pressing C after each selection).

Otherwise, for example, if you attempt to input "1, 1, 2, 4" to execute the 14 continues code, you'll hear instead the Oil Ocean Zone BGM all the time. To fix that, you need to input the first four numbers in the Sound Test that not only enable the stage select code but also spell out Yuji Naka's birthday = 19, 65, 9, 17 (again, in that order and pressing C after each selection), and then you input the last four numbers, again pressing C after each selection.

~Ben
    Last edited by ColecoFan1981; 04-25-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DeadlyMaple
    PSN
    DeadlyMaple
    Steam
    some.nerd

Wow, it's been a while since I put in any of those codes (maybe 15 years now? Time flies...).

I remember I had them memorized: 19 65 9 17 would be the stage select (hold A while pressing Start, naturally),

4 1 2 6 would be to activate Super Sonic,

and...

...and...

...and I seem to have forgotten the Debug code. Waaah. Looks like it's time to brush up on my history again!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by old_skoolin_jim View Post
    Wow, it's been a while since I put in any of those codes (maybe 15 years now? Time flies...).

I remember I had them memorized: 19 65 9 17 would be the stage select (hold A while pressing Start, naturally),

4 1 2 6 would be to activate Super Sonic,

and...

...and...

...and I seem to have forgotten the Debug code. Waaah. Looks like it's time to brush up on my history again!
    To do that, you input the stage select code (press the C button after making each selection) on the first game options screen. After doing that, press start to go back to the title screen. When the title screen appears, hold the A button and press start to bring up the second game options screen. Then you input these numbers: 1,9,9,2,1,1,2,4 and you should hear not only the Oil Ocean theme but also a ring collect chime to let you know the code worked, and you have it. Then choose any stage and your status bar will look different.

~Ben

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Alternatively, if you input "1, 1, 2, 4" (without first entering Yuji Naka's birthday numbers) into the first sound test screen to trigger the Oil Ocean theme song, press start (but don't also hold the A button or that's when the music plays all the time) to play the first stage. Then hit Reset on the console and you'll hear the Emerald Hill theme during the SEGA boot screen, but not beyond that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Hq-IHSdSI

~Ben
    Last edited by ColecoFan1981; 04-25-2014 at 07:01 PM.