Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found a PSP for $8, need quality title suggestions!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

valkyrie profile had an enhanced port on the PSP

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Much of what I would have recommended is already listed, so I'll only add one: Every Extend Extra.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't have a huge authority on this system, but I've been playing mine more lately since I recently had a long flight giving me time to play thru Little Big Planet. I don't think that's a PSP exclusive though. I only have about 12 games for this console and I'm also interested now in getting some more, but heres some good ones I have.

Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker
    Little Big Planet
    The 3rd Birthday
    Space Invaders Extreme (great soundtrack in this)
    Loco Roco (This one I hafta recommend the most, its a weird wacky, silly platformer-puzzle game that's my most recent pickup. If u like the aesthetic and Japanese style/humor of Katamari, u'll appreciate this gem. Controls are real unique and work super well, also. Next, for me, is the sequel.)

Strawberry (Level 2) Manhattan Sports Club's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some great recommendations in this thread! The PSP is an example of quality over quantity much akin to the Sega Game Gear. I'll definately second Popolocrois, as it's a nice lighthearted RPG and the first time the series came to the states. Another stateside-first is Hammerin' Hero, which is based on the Daiku no Gensan/Hammerin' Harry franchise and was localized by Atlus. It's a 2D action-platformer. I also recommend the Konami shmup compilations for PSP as imports. Twinbee, Gradius, Salamander and Parodius Portable. As for the Mega Man remakes, they were some of the best renditions of classic games to come out in a while. Ape Escape: On the Loose and Parappa the Rapper are also available on PSP with some new features, and if you didn't catch them on the PS1 when they first came out, pick them up for the PSP if you can.

Press Select to Start Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, Loco Roco is alot of fun and i've been super hyped on all the amazing titles the PSP has got. I gotta say I am now a fan of the Star Ocean series after becoming super engrossed in Second Evolution, I think i've sunk maybe 30 or 40 hours into it already and it jus keeps on going!!

I am bummed on the no video-out restriction of my PSP1001 though, but hey for 8$ this has been a great way to explore a system I quite honestly wouldn't have picked up otherwise due to my console/collecting focus shifted elsewhere.

I threw CFW on it and now have all my favorite GB GBC and GBA titles for on-the-go although sadly the battery saves from all my Zelda handheld carts aren't transferrable
    Last edited by wayultratech; 05-20-2014 at 10:11 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea the PSP is really great. I'm not a big handheld guy, I love my old school Gameboy games, and I do play those, but beyond that I don't really play much handheld games. I don't really pick up GBA games or DS games, but the PSP is really turning me on to handheld gaming more.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I try not to think of it as a mini PS3 or PS2, tho, cuz there really are tonsa great exclusives for it. I wonder how Loco Roco would play on a home console tho, it's a brilliant concept for the PSP, and could work well with the tilting technology they had with that Kirby game on GBA, but I like the bumper controls, its easier for old school gamers like me who are classic D-pad guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    So go to Wololo.net and click PSP Custom Firwmare for a walkthrough on how to get your PSP working. It's super easy now days. Not only can you play Vita games but a lot of emulators run very well. SNES runs well for a lot of games, but some games run poorly.
    The PSP will run Vita games? Might be time to dust off the PSP.

Press Select to Start Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I definitely agree Arkanoid, yeah I am not much of a handheld gamer and pretty much use my 'Cube's GB Player to enjoy GB GBC and GBA games, and I actually sold a 3DS within a week of purchase last year due to the intrinsic annoying-ness of lengthy handheld gaming sessions. But the PSP has the potential to bring so many platforms/consoles on-the-go (portable Earthbound!!!!) that it feels like it has so many more possibilities than many other handhelds, at least to me!!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wayultratech View Post
    I definitely agree Arkanoid, yeah I am not much of a handheld gamer and pretty much use my 'Cube's GB Player to enjoy GB GBC and GBA games, and I actually sold a 3DS within a week of purchase last year due to the intrinsic annoying-ness of lengthy handheld gaming sessions. But the PSP has the potential to bring so many platforms/consoles on-the-go (portable Earthbound!!!!) that it feels like it has so many more possibilities than many other handhelds, at least to me!!
    I was just never as into handhelds like I was into home consoles, that goes back to my childhood, also. I never owned a Gameboy cuz to me, why would I wanna play a less good version of Mario on a 4" screen, when I can play it for the same price on a 40" screen? And the games were better on home consoles then. So Idk, I know I'm missing out. Many will say it's a sin I don't get tonsa GBA or DS games, cuz I know theres a million good ones, I'm just hardwired to do my gaming on a TV.

Plus, I don't have time to play handhelds as much, I do all my gaming pretty much at home, and I'd much rather just play on the big TV. Why wouldn't I?

But yes, my little PSP is sucking me in. I plan to get Loco Roco 2 next, and Me & My Katamari after that. Even tho I expect the controls in Katamari to be real confusing.