Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: May 2014 Finds

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default May 2014 Finds

I'll start this off with the stuff I picked up yesterday.

I took advantage of the weekend sale at Gamestop that had B2G1F on all games and accessories $19.99 and under. It was a Vita day for me as I picked up 3 titles for the Vita I don't yet own . The titles I got were Persona 4 Golden, Hot Shots Golf World Invitational, and Lumines Electronic Symphony.

We took a quick trip to Target so I could get an $10 card for my Ouya that I picked up last week. They had them marked down to $8 for the $10 card. I checked the clearance section and they had the game Gardening Mama 2: Forest Friends marked down to $20.98 from $29.99. I wasn't even aware the game was already out yet and it was perplexing to see it marked down already. I looked the game up on Majesco's website and it shows it just came out in the last week or near about so I'm wondering why Target has it marked down already. Being a big fan of the Mama series, I decided to pick it up.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Insert Coin (Level 0) Animerforever05's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

got this last month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Playstation Move Navigation controller was $10. Now I can try the Sharp Shooter, if disappointing newer PS3's don't have enough USB ports to charge everything.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    I checked the clearance section and they had the game Gardening Mama 2: Forest Friends marked down to $20.98 from $29.99. I wasn't even aware the game was already out yet and it was perplexing to see it marked down already. I looked the game up on Majesco's website and it shows it just came out in the last week or near about so I'm wondering why Target has it marked down already.
    Sometimes it could be that somebody who didn't know better marked a bunch of random stuff down, and it accidentally ended up in the pile. Weird things like that happen in big store chains. Just enjoy it and know you got lucky!

Went flea market shopping today, found nothing of interest. On the way home I did stop at two GameXchange stores, and picked up:

Donkey Kong Junior (post crash Atari release), River Raid II, Worm War I, Winter Games, Congo Bongo, and James Bond: 007, all loose, for the Atari 2600
    Tower Toppler, Tomcat: The F-14 Fighter Simulator, Skate Boardin', all loose, for the Atari 7800

All the games were $1.95, buy 2 get 1 free.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yard Sales 5-2&3-14 & Flea Market 5-4-14

Jordan vs Bird Handheld - .25
    Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road Handheld - .25
    Dr. Muto (PS2 Complete) - .25
    South Park: Chef's Luv Shack (PS1 Complete) - .50
    Metal Gear Acid & Twisted Metal: Head-On (Both UMD Only) - 2
    Mario Kart Wii (Disk Only), New Super Mario Bros. Wii (No Manual) & The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Case & Bonus Disk Only) - 5
    Everything Else Including A Manual For Mario Kart Wii Which I Forgot To Picture - 6

When I asked about games at one house the 2 PSP games were brought out which they took a buck each for. The house I got everything else at they were asking 5 for the system and controllers and .50 a game, both of the Wii games are complete. I actually asked about games and they brought out a bin of random stuff which included mostly empty Wii cases for garbage games but had a few disk only & complete games, I did pull Survivor and the manual out of said bin and in in hindsight should have also took the empty Wii cases. One sale I asked about games at they actually had a random bin they didn't put out yet with VHS, DVD And Wii stuff of which I pulled out the Wii games I got. They asked me how much I would offer and took my offer of 5. All of the other little finds were asking price.

ColecoVision With 7 Games (In Need of A Serious Cleaning) - 5
    Donkey Kong Happy Meal Toy Sealed In Bag - .25
    Gods Eater Burst (Case & Manual Only) - Free
    Sunset Riders (Genesis & Cart Only) - 3

Sunset Riders which I forgot to put in the picture was 6 and took 3. Everything else was asking price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

It looks like that Colecovision box is filled with dead bugs, especially the left hand side.

I hope that Coleco works for you, maybe being protected in the box like that means it might still work. I ended up buying 5 in thrifts until the last one (that happened to be in its original box and packing) finally worked. That is, it worked for a couple of years then started acting up and now has glitched graphics. Sigh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    On the way home I did stop at two GameXchange stores, and picked up:

Donkey Kong Junior (post crash Atari release), River Raid II, Worm War I, Winter Games, Congo Bongo, and James Bond: 007, all loose, for the Atari 2600
    Tower Toppler, Tomcat: The F-14 Fighter Simulator, Skate Boardin', all loose, for the Atari 7800

All the games were $1.95, buy 2 get 1 free.
    Shoot I didn't know they were having a sale. Did you clean out the one in Wylie? I've been there twice, they haven't been opened too long. When I went, they didn't have anything for any Atari system.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It looks like that Colecovision box is filled with dead bugs, especially the left hand side.

I hope that Coleco works for you, maybe being protected in the box like that means it might still work. I ended up buying 5 in thrifts until the last one (that happened to be in its original box and packing) finally worked. That is, it worked for a couple of years then started acting up and now has glitched graphics. Sigh.
    It's dirt, some small twigs and little pieces of Styrofoam, if only this system could talk I'm guessing it was stored in a barn or shed or something of the likes for many years and still don't understand how the Styrofoam got so dirty.

I have 6 systems now and all of them have problems to some degree be it the system is completely unusable or touchy with the cords to which they work but can lose connection if you wiggle the cord. This system the power port was bad so it was tough to get a good picture and even when I did the graphics started acting up within a few seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgagdae View Post
    Shoot I didn't know they were having a sale. Did you clean out the one in Wylie? I've been there twice, they haven't been opened too long. When I went, they didn't have anything for any Atari system.
    I didn't know there was one up in Wylie! I found on Google Maps that there was a store in Corsicana, and the flea markets I was planning on hitting were close to Athens, TX, so I decided to pop over and try it out. And on the way back I ended up going to the Waxahachie store for the heck of it.

I'm glad to know there's a store in Wylie, it's nice to know they're trying to get back into the Metroplex again. They used to have two stores here, one in Irving and one in Flower Mound. The Irving store just seemed to vanish overnight, and their Flower Mound store was bought out by the Screw Attack website and turned into Game Attack, which went under a couple years ago. It's a shame, I've always liked GameXchange stores more than Play N' Trade. Although Play N' Trade stores can't seem to stay open for too long either (other than the one up in Flower Mound).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

I didn't know there was one up in Wylie! I found on Google Maps that there was a store in Corsicana, and the flea markets I was planning on hitting were close to Athens, TX, so I decided to pop over and try it out. And on the way back I ended up going to the Waxahachie store for the heck of it.

I'm glad to know there's a store in Wylie, it's nice to know they're trying to get back into the Metroplex again. They used to have two stores here, one in Irving and one in Flower Mound. The Irving store just seemed to vanish overnight, and their Flower Mound store was bought out by the Screw Attack website and turned into Game Attack, which went under a couple years ago. It's a shame, I've always liked GameXchange stores more than Play N' Trade. Although Play N' Trade stores can't seem to stay open for too long either (other than the one up in Flower Mound).
    Sorry, I got confused, because all of these places are named so similarly.

There's FX Game Exchange in Plano, a store I really like and tried to hit once in awhile when I lived in Plano. They had a McKinney store that closed.

There's also CGX, or Console Game Exchange in Collin Creek Mall and Stonebriar Mall. They used to have a store in the Irving Mall, but it closed. I think that's the one you were talking about.

The one in Wylie is called Game Trade, not Game Exchange. My mistake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I might have to pop up there to Wylie at some point, I like to check out all the local game stores. I've gone up to the Movie Trading Company up at Firewheel Center a few times, now there's an extra reason to drive that far.

What's sad is that I decided to look up game stores on Google Maps to find Game Trade, and I looked around for some other local places I haven't been to in a while. Looks like at least a couple little independent shops are gone. And it's easy to spot why... there's usually a new Game Stop nearby. Ugh.

Are they related to the Game Trade store over in Mesquite?
    Last edited by Steve W; 05-08-2014 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Are they related to the Game Trade store over in Mesquite?
    Yes, although I've never been to the one in Mesquite, so I can't offer any comparison.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

$10 Pokemon Blue (GB), cart only. Has label wear but the battery seems to work.
    $15 Pokemon Black (DS), with box/manual
    $4 Cyborg / Death Warrant / Double Impact (bluray)

$10 TMNT Mutagen Mayhem (DVD), new.
    $8 PNY 32GB SDHC card, new.
    $35 Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS), new.

The latter three I used promos for. "$20 off $50" coupon and $10 back in Kmart points.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

$5 total at the electronics flea market today. There's a guy that's been there all this year that has had awesome salvage at great prices. Didn't start off that great at first though. I went to him first thing and hit constant disappointment. Channel F box? ...empty. Odyssey 4000? ...who wants that? Colecovision power adapter! ...and nothing else. I had thought I went through everything when I found a couple Colecovision cartridges on a quick return sweep - turns out I had missed a box. I grabbed all the games, tossed them in a box, and decided to grab the power adapter as well. No system, nothing else. I took the box up to him and he said $3. I asked if that was for the whole box because usually that's what they ask per cartridge at this event. Paid and continued on. Didn't see much else I was interested in. The carabiners were 3 for $2 and are a last cosplay accessory I need.

Really nice CV games lot...

BurgerTime
    Cabbage Patch Kids Adventures in the Park
    Carnival
    Choplifter!
    Cosmic Avenger
    Defender
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong Junior
    Jungle Hunt
    Lady Bug
    Mountain King
    Mouse Trap
    Omega Race
    Q*bert

Of course the real jewels are Choplifter!, Jungle Hunt and Mountain King. Those three carts will be for sale if anyone is interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Woke up semi-early today and went on a long flea market trip, didn't find much but I'm fairly pleased with what I found. First off was an OLPC laptop and charger a guy sold me for $3. Those are the low-cost LINUX running laptops designed to be given to children in third-world countries and backwaters a few years ago, and regular people could buy one for $100 and when they did the company would donate a laptop to a needy child. This one's filthy and beaten up, I'm charging it right now just to see if it works.

The other thing I found there was the Japanese Mega Drive release of Zero Wing, which they charged me $30 for. I'd much rather have the more famous British release with the poor quality translations. "All your base are belong to us", indeed. I'm just happy I found an import of a game not released in this country.

Last edited by Steve W; 05-12-2014 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Me gotz bad spellin'

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Busy weekend but even with Mother's Day I was able to get out and about to look for stuff. I dropped by Gamestop on Friday morning before work and snagged The Witch and the Hundred Night for PS3. It was $40 but I had reserved it so I could get the soundtrack. After that I went over to Toys R Us and found The King of Fighters XIII with 4-Disc Soundtrack for $20 marked down. They raised all the percentages on their Clearance Blast sale and it was now 60% off. They had Disney Infinity figures on sale B1G1 40% off so I picked up the last 4 I needed (Phineas/Agent P/Crystal versions of Lighting McQueen and Buzz Lightyear).

Saturday was a bust. We did all of the Mother's Day stuff on that day to avoid the heavier than usual crowds that would be out Sunday so I didn't get a chance to go wondering around as much as I would have liked. We did have to swing by Meijer after dinner and I found they had the LEGO Simpsons Mini Figures on sale. I grabbed 3 packs at random and when I got home I found they were 3 that I had wanted namely Itchy, Scratchy, and Homer Simpson.

Some Mother's Day plans I had with my cousins fell through and that left my afternoon free to wander. I got a $25 Gamestop gift card from a survey website I'm subscribed to coupled that with a $10 off coupon I redeemed from my Power Up Rewards. I used them together to get Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F for about $8 after tax. On that same visit I also found Touch My Katamari (Vita) and Dead or Alive Dimensions (3DS) for about $12 each and a Wii game called Professor Heinz Wolff's Gravity for $3.

After there I jetted down to the Half Price Books store down the street and found the following strategy guides on clearance for $2 each: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Blue and Red), Fable III (DLC already redeemed ), and Mario Party 9. I also found the guide for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers but it was $5.

The last thing to mention was I picked up Under Defeat HD: Deluxe Edition from someone on another forum I frequent for $15 shipped. It showed up in the mail on Friday.
    Last edited by Flashback2012; 05-11-2014 at 09:25 PM.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yard Sales 5-9&10-14 & Flea Market 5-11-14

Blinky Plush (Toy Factory) - Free
    NES Bundle With All Cords Zapper & 2 Controllers & Some Misc - 42
    Everything Else - 15

Lion King (SNES) & 2 Ryu Toys - .75
    2 PS3 Games (Uncharted 3 GOTY Sealed) - Buck Each
    2 Complete 360 Games - 8
    5 Mystery Label 2600 Games - 2

Double Dragon Tiger Handheld (Not Pictured) - 1
    ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth - 5
    Guide - Free
    A.L.S. Game Case & Universal Soldier (Complete) - 3 & A Sealed Fallout 3 Guide

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Picked this beast up couple days ago for $800. Its in really good condition overall. Pretty much minimum wear for a machine that was used publicly. It sucked a lot putting it in the trailer....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

I can't remember the last time I posted a find on DP - probably February or March? Anyway, it's been exceptionally dry here for finds and I've been busy with work so I just haven't had much to post. Last night I hit a Half Price books just as a time-killer and scored pretty good:

Paperboy (Gameboy) - COMPLETE and MINT! $7.64
    Ren and Stimpy Veediots! (Gameboy) - Complete and Mint $7.64
    Beavis and Butthead (Gameboy) - Complete, box a little smushed $3.39
    Addams Family (Gameboy ) - Complete and mint! $3.39

Also picked up:
    Crash: Wrath of the Cortex (Xbox) complete GH - $7.64
    Justice League Heroes (Xbox) compete - $5.09

I'm hoping to remember to post a picture later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

May finds so far this month include :

2 sears telegames super video arcade systems $free

GameBoy system with 4 games and case. $20.00

GameBoy arcade volume 4 $2.99

Walter Payton football CIB $4.99

Ps2 with cables and controller. $5.00

PS2 my golf 4 (Japan) CIB $5.00

Misc (3) SNES games loose $2.50 ea
    Current Collection Stats As Of 12/10/2013 : Cartridges - 206 ( 182 unique titles 24 label variations ) : Cassettes - 21 :

Currently in the market for :

+ Atari 8 bit game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
    + Atari 8 Bit Prototype and Demo cartridges
    + Atari 8 bit manuals and boxes

PM me if you see anything above that you have doubles or interest in getting rid of.

Check out my
    Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at http://www.a8museum.com
    Atari 8-Bit Museum on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/392317377550512/
    And on Ebay under the handle ThePaperVault