Video game enthusiast/collector Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The8BitFamicon
    Steam
    OrdinaryOtaku (I only accept irl friends)

Default 1978 Mattel Electronics Handheld Baseball not working

Today, I found a Mattel Electronics Handheld Baseball at my local video game store, who then gave it to me for free. As soon as I got a couple of brand new 9 volt batteries from my groceries store, the handheld wasn't powering up and it wasn't even making any sounds. I'm trying to look inside it and see what is wrong, but unfortunately, none of my screwdrivers meet the requirements of the crappy triangular screwdriver head, so I couldn't open it up. I find Mattel games very unappreciated and very cool, so can someone tell me what the heck is wrong with this thing and how I can fix it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a collection of vintage portables and repaired a Mattel Baseball unit myself. See the 1st page of the link for an index of the various portables.

Mattel Baseball Repair - http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewt...629896#p629896

CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Video game enthusiast/collector Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The8BitFamicon
    Steam
    OrdinaryOtaku (I only accept irl friends)

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryOtaku View Post
    Today, I found a Mattel Electronics Handheld Baseball at my local video game store, who then gave it to me for free. As soon as I got a couple of brand new 9 volt batteries from my groceries store, the handheld wasn't powering up and it wasn't even making any sounds. I'm trying to look inside it and see what is wrong, but unfortunately, none of my screwdrivers meet the requirements of the crappy triangular screwdriver head, so I couldn't open it up. I find Mattel games very unappreciated and very cool, so can someone tell me what the heck is wrong with this thing and how I can fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by CRTGAMER View Post
    I have a collection of vintage portables and repaired a Mattel Baseball unit myself. See the 1st page of the link for an index of the various portables.

Mattel Baseball Repair - http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewt...629896#p629896

Thanks for your help, and I'll try to see what's wrong with it soon, but the only thing I need to get is a screwdriver that supports triangular screw heads :P
    My game consoles and computers:

Atari 2600, Famicom, Super Famicom, Famicom Disk System, NES, SNES, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance SP, SupaBoy, Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS, Atari 800XL, Atari XEGS, Sega Saturn JPN, Sega Dreamcast JPN, Sega Genesis, GameCube, DS Lite, Intellivision, Nintendo 64, Atari Flashback 1, DSi XL, Lenovo Y510p, iMac G4, HP G60.