Thread: I want a Treasure collection!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I want a Treasure collection!

Come on,don't you want a collection of their games,all in one?
    Gunstar Heroes,Sin & Punishment,and the other goodies they've made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

TreasureBoxCollectionwasalreadyreleasedonJPNPS2.Se emsyou'rejustwantingVol.2.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No,there wasn't.
    That was just a few games.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thanks to digital release at $5 being a thing, you won't ever see another video game collection again outside of games that have already been released or games that are a collection of unique games rather than past games, which games like Retro Game Challenge or Mario Party fall under. Or you may see a collection like Super Mario All Stars 25th Anniversary or the Kirby Collection, but the cost that each of those launched and the few amount of games, you're paying $5 or more per game.

Why would Sega, Capcom, etc, ever release another Genesis, Capcom, Taito, etc, collection when they can simply port each game separately and release them for $5 or more? It sucks for us who'd rather have retail releases, but you think the companies care about that?
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Thanks to digital release at $5 being a thing, you won't ever see another video game collection again outside of games that have already been released or games that are a collection of unique games rather than past games, which games like Retro Game Challenge or Mario Party fall under. Or you may see a collection like Super Mario All Stars 25th Anniversary or the Kirby Collection, but the cost that each of those launched and the few amount of games, you're paying $5 or more per game.

Why would Sega, Capcom, etc, ever release another Genesis, Capcom, Taito, etc, collection when they can simply port each game separately and release them for $5 or more? It sucks for us who'd rather have retail releases, but you think the companies care about that?
    That didn't really stop Sega from releasing Sonic's Ultimate Collection.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah,it's sad isn't it?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    That didn't really stop Sega from releasing Sonic's Ultimate Collection.
    I listed Sega in the comment. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection was released in 2009. It was late 2010 that Neo Geo started releasing ports of old games on PSN and other companies followed after that. Sega had released games previously for sale on the Virtual Console, but took them a long time to release on PSN and XBL. Maybe they thought with $5.99 PSX releases, a $5 Genesis game wouldn't sell. What I think is that Sega released the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on current gen consoles before they realized they'd make a lot more money by releasing them separately. That's why a lot of the games started to be ported over separately with an included online mode, including games like Gunstar Heroes and Monster World 4. You haven't seen anymore compilations since have you? Other than the Nintendo ones where the price is more than if you bought the games separately through the Virtual Console.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-13-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why would Sega, Capcom, etc, ever release another Genesis, Capcom, Taito, etc, collection when they can simply port each game separately and release them for $5 or more?
    Original content has largely driven out the $5 classic rerelease off services like Xbox Live. The days where Namco could put up Ms. Pac-Man for $5 and have 150,000 people on the leaderboards a few months later is part of the past.

I suspect the future will be digital compilations such as the recent Pac-Man Museum. But I'm not quite ready to write the obituary for retail compilations just yet. No doubt that their glory days are past, but we've gotten several nice releases since the PS2 generation concluded just the same.

It was late 2010 that Neo Geo started releasing ports of old games on PSN and other companies followed after that.
    And SNK's Neo Geo downloads crashed and bombed on PSN and they released even less on Xbox Live Arcade. Only D4 on the Wii seemed to be able to make any money there where as I bet something like SNK Arcade Classics sold very well.

Most of the standalone 1980's era arcade downloads came about before 2010 and represented the bulk of the content during the earlier days of Xbox Live Arcade in particular. Since then, other than a range of SNK PSP Minis and Microsoft's Game Room, what little we've seen for standalone classic arcade releases has largely gravitated more towards more recent material like Daytona USA.

Sega had released games previously for sale on the Virtual Console, but took them a long time to release on PSN and XBL. Maybe they thought with $5.99 PSX releases, a $5 Genesis game wouldn't sell. What I think is that Sega released the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on current gen consoles before they realized they'd make a lot more money by releasing them separately.
    They were releasing $5 standalone downloads on Xbox Live well before Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection appeared. Most if not all of the Digital Eclipse stuff for Sega on XBLA predates their collaboration on that compilation.

Since then, the classic Sega material we've had has largely been in the form of mini compilations on Xbox Live from M2 (Although they're split up and sold separately on PSN and the Virtual Console).

You haven't seen anymore compilations since have you? Other than the Nintendo ones where the price is more than if you bought the games separately through the Virtual Console.
    Kirby's Dream Collection was priced pretty comparably to what the downloads would go for. $41 dollars in downloads where as I think the collection launched at $39.99. Not too bad of a value especially compared to Super Mario All-Stars.

Since Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection from early 2009 and excluding digital material, Sony's HD remastered collections, or the several XBLA downloads on a disc deals that the 360 has gotten, we've seen at least Midway Arcade Origins, Raiden Fighters Aces, Data East Arcade Classics, Namco Museum Megamix, and several Farsight pinball collections on consoles. And toss in several handheld compilations like Intellivision Lives and the pair of Atari volumes on the DS (Wish the Vita was more popular, it's perfect for compilations).

A far cry from the PS2 era where I can remember at least once buying 3-4 new collections in the span of perhaps two weeks, but hopefully a few more surprises are left.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 05-17-2014 at 10:08 AM.