Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    thestraightedge

Default Entex Select-a-Game (1981) - some info needed

So... this is it... my first thread. I hope I do everything right - if not, bear with me, I will adjust... I introduced myself here in case anyone is interested.

I was looking for the Entex Select-a-Game for quite some time now and finally got one from Ebay US in box with 4 games in box. I am located in Europe, and the system is impossible to find here - so no chance for a cheap fleamarket or thrift store find here.
    Of course, it was quite expensive, but I noticed it got more and more expensive over the past 2 years, so I just felt it's time now. The system is still in transit, but before receiving, I'd like to learn a bit more about the system. I found some things on it on the internet, but I may rely on your infinite knowledge for some more information.

1. Release: a few years ago, a seller from France sold half a dozen systems through some online forum. He claimed the system was released in Europe or was planned for a release in Europe which was cancelled. Can anyone confirm this? From my understanding, it was a US-only release.

2. Sales numbers: As mentioned, the system is non-existent in Europe or Asia and rare on ebay, at least in good condition with box. Does anyone know anything about the qty it sold back then?

3. The Pac Man 2 cartridge: I learned that it had a licensing issue and was taken off the market after release. Is that true? Are there any qty sold known? Has it really been cancelled after release, or was it just not reprinted afterwards?

4. Successor: I read about a successor to the Select-a-Game which exists as a prototype. Info on it is sparse. Can anyone advice?

Thanks a lot in advance, and again: if this should have been added to some existing thread, if this is placed in the wrong forum: let me know. I'll get used to stuff around here.
    Last edited by phil_consollection; 05-16-2014 at 03:41 AM.