Thread: PSP 1001 Video Out?

Press Select to Start Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PSP 1001 Video Out?

Hello, curious if anyone knows a way to get AV out from a Sony PSP 1001 fat model? All AV out cords I have seen online have the connection basically reversed/mirrored and thus fit on most or every other PSP model ( 2K, 3K and maybe the other models) except the 1000 series units. I'd be very curious to hear if a mod or non-mod method is doable to get video out to a TV or monitor on the fat 1000 series PSPs!!

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wayultratech View Post
    Hello, curious if anyone knows a way to get AV out from a Sony PSP 1001 fat model? All AV out cords I have seen online have the connection basically reversed/mirrored and thus fit on most or every other PSP model ( 2K, 3K and maybe the other models) except the 1000 series units. I'd be very curious to hear if a mod or non-mod method is doable to get video out to a TV or monitor on the fat 1000 series PSPs!!
    There were no cords or anything official from Sony that allowed A/V out on the old 1000 series fat models. There may be some unofficial hack job way of doing it but nothing I'm immediately aware of. A/V didn't become a standard feature until the 2000 series was introduced. Funny enough I rushed out to get a 3000 series unit and I've yet to ever use the A/V out feature on it.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Like he said above the stock unit 1000 can't do it, it's just different inside or the firmware could be blocking it. Whatever the case is 2000 and later will do it, and keep in mind it's weird about it. The games will display with a big old black border on all sides eating up maybe 20% of the possible view area, yet if you use it for pictures or UMD (or on memory card) movies it's full screen.

I used to have both the 2000 and 3000 models and I would run the cable to my 26" LCD I had at the time and it was fun. I'd find movies often enough for like $1-3 so I had a nice stash of a couple dozen, and it was cool running various games through the TV as well. Games looked just amazingly nice, fairly close to PS2 quality in the box, and the movies as long as they weren't crappily done or overly due to movie length compressed (pirates of the carribean) they looked clean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Also the 2000 doesn't officially support playing PSP games on SDTVs. Without homebrew that needs 480p mode, not just component.
    Last edited by theclaw; 05-17-2014 at 10:05 PM.
    Lum fan.