Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rare but inexpensive games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The gray cart Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 carts are rather rarer then the gold cart versions. But are much less desirable and can often be found cheaper.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Theres also the Tengen Tetris cart which is more rare then the grey cart, probably not too expensive. Theres lotsa little rarities that no one cares about in the NES library. Theres enough that will sell for hundreds, but it's not like the SNES where common games like Chrono Trigger just keep rising out of control, just cuz they're good games. The good games on the NES tend to stay at semi tame prices.

I think it's a myth that the NES is an expensive system to collect games for, most are super cheap, most of the great, notable titles are affordable, too. The more expensive ones like Contra are maybe $20 games, while a game like Turtles in Time is around $50. Crazy. People just see the library of games and zero right in on Little Samson, Flintstones 2, and Stadium Events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanoid_Katamari View Post
    Theres also the Tengen Tetris cart which is more rare then the grey cart, probably not too expensive. Theres lotsa little rarities that no one cares about in the NES library. Theres enough that will sell for hundreds, but it's not like the SNES where common games like Chrono Trigger just keep rising out of control, just cuz they're good games. The good games on the NES tend to stay at semi tame prices.
    Tengen Tetris is actually a highly sought after rare game. Because it has competitive multi-player, which the Nintendo version did not.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Yep, Wheel of Fortune: Featuring Vanna White. It's slightly more rare than the other three versions, but not so much to have a major effect on the price. And it's Wheel of Fortune, so who cares.
    Nes wheel of fortune is really fun to play with people while you are drunk. Good party game. I remember there being one where you could put in your own questions and answers to puzzles that show up. Don't think it was nes but still want much newer.

So they do have done sorry of pay ability

Strawberry (Level 2) FrankSerpico's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What sort of taste in gaming do you have? If you like fighting games, the Dreamcast has more than a few fairly rare games in the genre that have went down in price thanks to re-releases on other consoles
    Last edited by FrankSerpico; 06-22-2014 at 12:58 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So is Solstice really THAT Rare, and worthless?

I know the game is basically a early attempt at a Kaizo-style game (one that was made just to piss gamers off)

I know people had some issues with NintendoAge but it says is pretty common.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gatucaman View Post

I know the game is basically a early attempt at a Kaizo-style game (one that was made just to piss gamers off)

I know people had some issues with NintendoAge but it says is pretty common.
    It's not rare, and not a hard game, unless you mean just cause of the puzzles.

Assuming you want a cheap rare game just to have one most people don't have? Q-Bert's Cubes is always a very rare game and still pretty cheap. Atari age rates is a 9, but I've always had my doubts on that.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    Nes wheel of fortune is really fun to play with people while you are drunk. Good party game. I remember there being one where you could put in your own questions and answers to puzzles that show up. Don't think it was nes but still want much newer.

The first PSN version was pretty good too. The new one is too slow.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Honestly, if you just keep searching, and keep the bug in people's ears that you are looking for old games. You will find something rare fir a good price. I was able to get Snow Brothers on NES, E.V.O., and Secret of Mana all in the same haul for $100. Trust me, its not impossible. You will luck out one day if you keep looking.

Insert Coin (Level 0) fairyland's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've seen for years and years people saying that "Easter Bunny's Big Day" for the Playstation is rare but because it's a really bad kiddie game next to almost unplayable there is no interest in it.

And what about those Lightspan educational PSX games? I've never seen one in person myself. Those are considered rare but the company did go bankrupt and all their supply hit ebay several years ago and to this day prices are still low as there is no demand.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Tengen Tetris is actually a highly sought after rare game. Because it has competitive multi-player, which the Nintendo version did not.
    Tetris Zero has 2 player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfjDRYR6AAk

Whoever says Solstice is rare deserves a beating. Its a fun game but its common.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    Honestly, if you just keep searching, and keep the bug in people's ears that you are looking for old games. You will find something rare fir a good price. I was able to get Snow Brothers on NES, E.V.O., and Secret of Mana all in the same haul for $100. Trust me, its not impossible. You will luck out one day if you keep looking.
    Thats what collecting is all about. Its a hobby you should enjoy over time. If you buy most or all of your games off ebay you are paying too much.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 06-23-2014 at 03:02 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm really more interested in collecting really good games that I wanna play, lately. I keep thinking I could spend money on games that are rare conversation pieces, or spend less money on a really great game that I'll spend lotsa time enjoying. I'll still wind up picking up rare ones, but rite now I'd rather just collect the real good games.

I did pick up Tomba! 2 on PS1, and I'm not sure how rare it is, as far as I know it's not very rare, but it's a popular game people are after, and it sells for a good $70, which is more then most PS1 games, thats for sure. But I actually spent lotsa time playing it, so it was worth it. So for me, getting the more valuable games i worth it to me if they're not TOO ridiculously priced, and I'm gonna really enjoy it. PS1 is great for that. I prolly pick up more PS1 games then any other system right now, cuz theres just so many great game, and they sell for so cheap. I like completing series's on the system like Twisted Metal and Crash Bandicoot and all that. Plus long boxes kick ass.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    Whoever says Solstice is rare deserves a beating. Its a fun game but its common.
    Whoever says that Solstice is fun also deserves a beating. At best it's tolerable, most of the time it's just annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Tetris Zero, isn't that basically someones hacking of the original NES Tetris where it was found they had intended a 2P mode and buried it? As much as I love Tengen Tetris, I think I'd love to have the 'intended' Tetris by Nintendo put to a new parts cart (board, shell, etc like retrozone/inf stuff) to play.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The Famicom "Tetris 2+BomBliss" has 2-player Tetris, and seems to be basically the Japanese version of Nintendo Tetris (though of course with an extra game as well).
    Though the one I thing I didn't like is that it always puts the gap in "penalty" lines in the same place, making it easy to actually help the opponent (though I think the SNES Tetris+Dr. Mario did the same thing?).
    Seems to be a common and cheap game.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    drtomoe
    PSN
    drtomoe123

Quote Originally Posted by fairyland View Post
    I've seen for years and years people saying that "Easter Bunny's Big Day" for the Playstation is rare but because it's a really bad kiddie game next to almost unplayable there is no interest in it.

And what about those Lightspan educational PSX games? I've never seen one in person myself. Those are considered rare but the company did go bankrupt and all their supply hit ebay several years ago and to this day prices are still low as there is no demand.
    Me and my 20 sealed copies of Easter Bunny's Big Day are patiently awaiting the day they're actually worth something.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    Honestly, if you just keep searching, and keep the bug in people's ears that you are looking for old games. You will find something rare fir a good price. I was able to get Snow Brothers on NES, E.V.O., and Secret of Mana all in the same haul for $100.
    Bad example man, bad Example.

If you got each game for like $8 or no more than $12 THAT, would been a good price, I got Kickmaster on the NES for like $4 (and that one i bought only last year), and back in 2011 i got Shatterhand for like $2 loose but like near mint new, and heck, the fricking NES port of Alfred Chicken CIB including the poster for only $8!.

Or do you think guys those were more like "steal prices"
    Last edited by Gatucaman; 06-24-2014 at 01:51 PM.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Bad example man, bad Example.

If you got each game for like $8 or no more than $12 THAT, would been a good price, I got Kickmaster on the NES for like $4 (and that one i bought only last year), and back in 2011 i got Shatterhand for like $2 loose but like near mint new, and heck, the fricking NES port of Alfred Chicken CIB including the poster for only $8!.

Or do you think guys those were more like "steal prices"
    Finding evo, som, and snow bros for 100$ is a super deal. Snow bros and EVO are rare and expensive.
    You could sell just snow bros, make some $ and keep the other 2 games.
    Kickmaster, Alfred Chicken, and Shatterhand are uncommons, and generally speaking finding good deals on uncommons is easier than finding good deals on rare/desireable games. Especially RPGs. For a long time nobody cared about shatterhand at all and it was easy to find for like 2$.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Whoever says that Solstice is fun also deserves a beating. At best it's tolerable, most of the time it's just annoying.
    You should give it another try, once you get used to the controls and you know what the potions do its not too bad. Its a good challenge at the very least. The first few time I played it I came close to beating it, and Ive got a friend who is a very casual gamer who was able to beat it quite fast. I can see why you say its annoying though.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 06-24-2014 at 02:57 PM.