Thread: Rare but inexpensive games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Rare but inexpensive games

It's been a while and I was looking at the Star Fox competition cart on eBay and the price tags on it killed me and really the same goes for ANY rare game I want. Is there such thing as a RARE but CHEAP game I could find, preferably retro. If there is, I'd like to know.
    Using Tapatalk

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEOGAMEREPAIRS View Post
    It's been a while and I was looking at the Star Fox competition cart on eBay and the price tags on it killed me and really the same goes for ANY rare game I want. Is there such thing as a RARE but CHEAP game I could find, preferably retro. If there is, I'd like to know.
    Most games for the Turbo CD, Supergrafx, PC-FX, Jaguar CD, NeoGeo CD, NeoGeo AES, Panasonic 3DO, Philips CDI, Bandai/Apple Pippin, Super A'can, or RDI Halcyon would count no matter what the title is. Falling Stars is a rather rare PS2 game. Just note that anything rare and cheap will be either rare because the system sold poorly therefore few people can actually play it (most of those systems qualify) or because the game has very limited appeal (Dressup game/RPG anyone?).
    That said if it sucks and is well known it'll still be expensive if it becomes a bottleneck for system set collectors (NCAA College Basketball 2k3, Fritz Chess, Dragonball GT Final Bout 1997), has an unusual story attached to it (Stadium Events, Tengen Tetris) has significant non game collector appeal (Spider-man Web of Fire), or had a venue limited release (Pokemon Box, Hagane The final conflict, Magical Chase)