Thread: Didn't expect to see this at the Good Will

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Didn't expect to see this at the Good Will

The disk looked great and everything seemed complete. I didn't buy it, I don't have a PS4 and I thought someone else might enjoy the find.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403504102720.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	7528

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

At $30 it is still better priced than at GameStop! They'd only knock $5 off something that new even if it is used.

I hope whoever does buy it doesn't just turn around and resale it, but instead gives it a good home of its own.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

I would have dropped $30 on that since I'm in the market for one not at the $60 price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yeah, but since it's at Goodwill, you'll open it up and find an N-Sync CD inside the case. Or maybe that's just me, every single time I ever try to buy a disc game there. Or it's empty and nobody knows where the disc went to.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Yeah, but since it's at Goodwill, you'll open it up and find an N-Sync CD inside the case. Or maybe that's just me, every single time I ever try to buy a disc game there. Or it's empty and nobody knows where the disc went to.
    At least this time it has the right disc. Besides this type of shop varies from location to location and chain to chain.

(Anecdote time) At the local D.I. (Deseret Industries, the Mormon clone of Goodwill Industries) I bought a copy of Fighter Maker (PSX) for $3, and got an unexpected extra in the form of a sports game in the second tray. Fighter Maker is one of those large case PlayStation games with swinging doors often used to accomodate additional discs. This game, however, had a large case not for an extra disc, but for the fat manual. Yet lo and behold, no manual was to be found, but instead this other game! So I got two games for the price of one. Considering I also bought a SNES copy of Darius Twin for $3 as well, it was a pretty good visit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

Seems like there often really good finds at GoodWill, but given how they exploit people with developmental disabilities (a loophole in the law allows them to employ these people in their stock/sorting rooms and pay them $0.25 an hour) I can't bring myself to shop there.
    Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one. - Thomas Paine

America can always be counted on to do the right thing after they have exhausted all other possibilities. - Winston Churchill

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksmoor View Post
    Seems like there often really good finds at GoodWill, but given how they exploit people with developmental disabilities (a loophole in the law allows them to employ these people in their stock/sorting rooms and pay them $0.25 an hour) I can't bring myself to shop there.
    Everyone I know that worked at Goodwill sorting got paid more than minimum. I'm in FL so it might be different where I am, but I haven't heard of any issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

Quote Originally Posted by Enmity View Post
    Everyone I know that worked at Goodwill sorting got paid more than minimum. I'm in FL so it might be different where I am, but I haven't heard of any issues.
    http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_n...-and-its-legal
    Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one. - Thomas Paine

America can always be counted on to do the right thing after they have exhausted all other possibilities. - Winston Churchill

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Well it's like my professor said in ethics class, "Legal does not equal moral."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    Well it's like my professor said in ethics class, "Legal does not equal moral."
    Very true. I think it's pretty sad that people will patronize businesses that utilize unethical, and even immoral, business practices all in the name of a bargain. I admit it can be tempting, but when I know a particular company is sleazy - such as GoodWill and Wal-Mart - I choose to put principle ahead of bargains and deals. It's a pity more folks don't do the same.
    Last edited by Hawksmoor; 06-28-2014 at 09:46 PM.