Thread: Server Downtime for June & July 2014

Administrator

Exclamation Server Downtime for June & July 2014

The Web sites were unavailable for most of June 23rd due to a server switchover. The switchover was supposed to be completely automatic once initiated. Everything went well except for one small glitch that prevented the sites from being publicly available. This meant that there was no data loss and everything was copied over successfully, but for the majority of June 23rd a simple notification was displayed instead of the normal Web pages. Hosting support was contacted and a quick "refresh" was sent through the system. Everything now appears as it should and is working without trouble.

I apologize for this downtime.

There will be two more scheduled periods of downtime in the next two weeks. The first will be on Friday or Saturday (27th/28th) and will last for a few hours. The final one will be toward the beginning of next month and will only affect the forum.

I will be switching the Retrogaming Roundtable over to a sub-domain named forum.digitpress.com, and it will henceforth be hosted at another provider called DigitalOcean. The rest of the site will continue to live at its current host, DreamHost. The reason for the split is to continue to host the large amount of files that the Internet's denizens know and love from Digital Press, while giving the forum the high-speed hosting it needs. This measure will also help us to save on costs.

I thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this time. Once these actions are complete, we should have speedy, responsive servers to bring you the best of retrogaming discussions and information. Game on!
    Last edited by Nz17; 07-15-2014 at 09:07 AM.

ServBot (Level 11) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    PSN
    tellUwut

Is this your site now or is it still Joes...or does it belong to someone else? Who owns DP now? :P

Administrator

Basically, Joe owns it and has ultimate say. But he doesn't want to deal with running it, so I administrate the site and take care of all the technical aspects.

ServBot (Level 11) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    PSN
    tellUwut

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    Basically, Joe owns it and has ultimate say. But he doesn't want to deal with running it, so I administrate the site and take care of all the technical aspects.
    Ah, makes sense. Thnx.

Administrator

OK, the server move for the forum is complete. If you find any problems, please post them in this thread here. Thanks again.