Hello! I've been a lurker for a while and decided to sign up to discuss classic gaming as I've been starting to build up a library focusing on the Genesis and Gamecube at the current moment. Anyhow! Onto the subject.

I watched this video which, as far as the NES Zapper is involved, scanlines are not required for the Zapper to work, and since it technically just follows a white dot on the screen and the rest of the image gets blackened to show this effect, in this guy's study he shows that perhaps all this is due to the input lag since the NES Zapper works very quickly and this is how LCDs and Plasmas can't use the Zapper.

So it had me thinking...

I know OLEDs have very low input lag, however OLED TVs are far from mainstream at the moment so my thought of testing this would be a NES controller to USB adapter, however I couldn't find one that was Zapper compatible so that means I couldn't test this on my OLED smart phone. My question is this, would the NES Zapper work on a OLED TV since the input lag is very minimal? At the current moment, the only way to really test this would be to try the NES itself on a OLED TV.