Thread: 3 System Group Lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 3 System Group Lot

I picked up online a group lot of 3 systems loose. and was wondering about their value, how rare they are and how easy games for them would be .

The systems include:

a loose APF M1000 - ( has only 1 controller not 2 ) stated to work without any issue.
    Cassettevision loose but complete with power and tv switch box. ( no games )
    and a Philips N60 ( Odyssey 2 in blue with built in screen ). ( I think it has the power but might need a power adapter ).

Paid 70.00 for them + 2 more boxed atari 2600s ( one is a Red letter box the other a orange letter box (so one should be a promo box and system if it goes as it should ) ) .

I dont think I recall ever seeing a cassettevision game and from what I read the N60 is a European Odyssey 2 ( VideoPac 7200 if I read things right. ) So I assume O2 games should play fine. But is there different games on the VideoPac label that might be of interest? and being my 2nd APF in a month is there any worth while titles outside of card games ( that I seem to see around alot )?
    Current Collection Stats As Of 12/10/2013 : Cartridges - 206 ( 182 unique titles 24 label variations ) : Cassettes - 21 :

Currently in the market for :

+ Atari 8 bit game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
    + Atari 8 Bit Prototype and Demo cartridges
    + Atari 8 bit manuals and boxes

PM me if you see anything above that you have doubles or interest in getting rid of.

Check out my
    Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at http://www.a8museum.com
    Atari 8-Bit Museum on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/392317377550512/
    And on Ebay under the handle ThePaperVault

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Wow, that's a good buy right there. Three machines I would love to collect for in one shot. Nice!

There were a few Videopac games that never made it over here I believe (along with reproduced prototypes), so that's worth getting in to. I've actually seen APF M1000 games in a now closed game store locally, and yet I have never laid eyes on the console they were for. And I think I've played the Cassettevision before, at another collector's house. The games were kind of abstract and weird. I don't know where you would have found boxed Atari 2600s to trade in this day and age, I've found dozens of 2600s in flea markets and thrifts over the years but never one that still had its box.

Pear (Level 6) Reverend JagDiesel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not many N60's made it over here. Great find and a bit of a unique piece. As for value, that really depends on overall condition. If you got any of the Videopac's with it, especially non-US releases, you really scored. As it sits, the N60 is worth a bit more than you paid for the lot, congrats!
    You can put a man on trial, but you can't make the guilty pay.