Thread: Anyone play Minecraft, mobile, PC, console?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Anyone play Minecraft, mobile, PC, console?

I recently picked up the PC version after doing some hard thinking about the various releases and seeing it seemed like the right choice. Now though with the usage I get out of my tablet I'm wondering if the mobile version maybe not a bad idea either.

Can I share the worlds back and forward drag and drop like to directories to do it here and on the go? I know they used to differ a good bit, but around Christmas last year I understand it has some massive updates done to bring it up to PAR with PC within reason (can't render the HUGE worlds I know.)

Is there any down side really to getting the mobile version other than the smaller play area (not a problem to me) and perhaps janky touch controls? Or will it use a moga/bluetooth controller if it sees it?

I figure straight up the PS3 one probably is fairly easy to use stuck to a game pad even if some stuff requires some button combos or menu play but I am thinking it would be a more trapped version where you can't carry the data around and being stuck on your TV too.

If anyone has any answers to those questions or other information that's useful I'd love to know.

Cherry (Level 1) 8-Bit Archeology's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Steampunk360

I am a huge Minecraft addict. I do lots of redstone and adventure style mods. My favorite is the technic launchers Hexxit mod. Holy crap is that thing awesome.

Anyhow. I have the PC, 360 edition and Pocket Edition.

I dont know if the pocket edition recognizes those docking phone controllers. But I am possitive that no versions are compatible with eachother.

The PC version is way ahead of both the console and pocket editions.

And the pocket version does not have a nether. It uses a nether reactor that creates a temporary nether spire in the overworld.

I barely touch the pocket version but I do play on console with the family.

Easily said, the PC version is the best and always will be considering how many users are making mods and texture packs that are 100% free.

I like the texture packs on the console but they shouldnt charge for one. They should bundle up a bunch to make it worth it. I bought 5 for 5 dollars which isnt horrible. But I have more than I can count on PC and they where free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well that's good stuff to know. What's your feelings on the new 0.90 portable version as it seems they've added in pages of updates and new stuff the older versions lacked bringing it far closer to spec with the PC version.

I've got a carved into the top of a ridge home I've built with cobblestone and glass windows with an iron door and a switch, not sure how I figured that stuff out. I got a back door of sorts in it that goes down a spiral staircase drop of sorts I made in a square shaft and at the bottom it goes straight in two directions, one into another cave I built crossing that line and the other pops out along the sea wall my place is on, then I started digging a long 30degree shaft slowly into the dirt hoping to find any good minerals and other than a few flecks of gold, nothing. It's fun to relaxingly mess around with and see what pops up, but I am not so well catching onto the designs of figuring out crafting and considering one of those cheap starter books. I just wish I'd find minerals to make better weapons and some armor out of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Steampunk360

The new update seems pretty hefty. But it still needs the nether before any compatibillity can be thought of.

The big thing I want to see is minecraft for the Wii U. But so far it seems that Notch has only stated that he basically has better things to do. It would be great to have a map on the tablet controller or a quick view inventory.

Also I would like to see infinite worlds and horses on the 360 but that will probably just go to the XBONE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah well that does seem to be the universally childish attitude to have with the WiiU, better things to do. There's a good 7M units of them out there at this rate preMK8 and more since it came out too. I've just learned to accept the WiiU will get the Wii treatment for whatever baggage reasons people want to excuse into at this rate other than the one good legit gripe third parties asked for certain things to get support and Nintendo wouldn't do it, but now it's just ignoring a valid base of systems.

You're right about Nether, but the gains otherwise so far were huge on that release. Perhaps they'll add it for 1.0 which is why all that still rated it at 0.90.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Steampunk360

So I finally installed the new update for PE....it completely locked up my phone. I even uninstalled and tried a full fresh dl. Oh well I guess its telling me my phone is too old.

But theres a bunch of other users with errors too so hopefully a bug fix can get mine up and running again. Its not like I use my phone for serious gaming.