Thread: What do you actually have set up?

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default What do you actually have set up?

So, I recently decided that I'm gonna make a semi-permanent setup with all of my computers soon. I plan on having a bit of everything from the 80s and might post pictures when I can get the room spruced up.

There's no real order, but I guess you can call the first table the "70s in the 80s Table." It has an Atari 800XL, Mattel Aquarius, and TI-99/4a on it. All are systems that either had their original version in the 70s or belonged there (Aquarius' nickname was "The System for the 70s despite its 1983 release.)

Second table was originally going to be Atari ST and Amiga 3000, but I decided to make it sort of an Apple vs. PC thing and put a IIGS next to a Tandy 1000.

Third table is a work in progress, but I suppose it could be called "Big in Europe." It's a VIC-20, C64, and ZX Spectrum+.

Fourth table will be themed as "The Misfits." On this one will be an MSX2, a Tomy Tutor and a Timex Sinclair 2068.

It's so nice to have them all setup at once, real fun when they're all on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Got me beat, I've got a laptop from a few years ago -- ASUS K53E-XR3 = http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrab...pecifications/
    i5-2410M 2.3ghz(ups to 3ghz w/games etc), 6GB of RAM DDR3-1333mhz, Intel HD 3000 graphics (uses up to 1.7GB of ram, equals benchmark a radeon 5450), DVDRW, and various other things, all I think it really lacks is bluetooth. Currently been using for the last year a trackball on it I found at a goodwill for a couple bucks and was surprised to see ebay weirdos paying $50-70 on it at the time but I like it so I kept it.

I have an older PC I handed over to my wife for her photoshop and general use, a Dell from 2007, quad core 2.6ghz machine with a 2GB radeon video card in it, 7in1 card reader, couple of optical drives, it's not bad, damn good it has lasted so well this long. :P

My laptop is really a desktop, don't like to carry it, so I use my Nexus7 w/keyboard to go around with.

Video game enthusiast/collector Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The8BitFamicon
    Steam
    OrdinaryOtaku (I only accept irl friends)

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    So, I recently decided that I'm gonna make a semi-permanent setup with all of my computers soon. I plan on having a bit of everything from the 80s and might post pictures when I can get the room spruced up.

There's no real order, but I guess you can call the first table the "70s in the 80s Table." It has an Atari 800XL, Mattel Aquarius, and TI-99/4a on it. All are systems that either had their original version in the 70s or belonged there (Aquarius' nickname was "The System for the 70s despite its 1983 release.)

Second table was originally going to be Atari ST and Amiga 3000, but I decided to make it sort of an Apple vs. PC thing and put a IIGS next to a Tandy 1000.

Third table is a work in progress, but I suppose it could be called "Big in Europe." It's a VIC-20, C64, and ZX Spectrum+.

Fourth table will be themed as "The Misfits." On this one will be an MSX2, a Tomy Tutor and a Timex Sinclair 2068.

It's so nice to have them all setup at once, real fun when they're all on.
    What do I have set up, you say?

Well, on my desk, I have a 1983 Atari 800XL with also a 2001 Power Mac G4, both on the same desk. XD

I also have an Atari XEGS on a storage box that I never set up yet. That's it. lol
    My game consoles and computers:

Atari 2600, Famicom, Super Famicom, Famicom Disk System, NES, SNES, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance SP, SupaBoy, Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS, Atari 800XL, Atari XEGS, Sega Saturn JPN, Sega Dreamcast JPN, Sega Genesis, GameCube, DS Lite, Intellivision, Nintendo 64, Atari Flashback 1, DSi XL, Lenovo Y510p, iMac G4, HP G60.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Currently:

Atari 800XL on the upstairs plasma screen.

Atari 1040STe on the kitchen table.

Amiga 500 downstairs.

Amiga 4000 also up and running downstairs.

Tandy 1000 in the little retro room.

Color Computer 3 - also in retro room.

TI-99/4A - retro room.

VIC-20 - ditto

Color Computer 2 - downstairs TV room.

Atari 400 - also in downstairs TV room.

Apple IIe - sitting next to my laptop PC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NOPHIX
    PSN
    Nophix

Sadly, all I've got set up right now are my wife's laptop (Asus ROG gaming rig), and my Macbook.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

I have no classic stuff just a Dell XPS 410 an Hp Firebird 802 (thats the gaming rig with sli water cooling etc has voodoo pc dna!) and an alienware m17 laptop for some gaming as well

Hoping to upgrade to something new before bothering with any old stuff not to mention I'd likely need an extra room to house such things. Would like some atari and apple gear

Cherry (Level 1) wizardofwor1975's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have a couple of classic computers currently set up. Right now I have a C64, SX-64, and an Amiga 500 setup in our gameroom. Our gameroom also has an Atari 7800, Genesis with the Power Base Converter so we can play SMS carts as well, RES (NES), PS2, and a Colecovision. I also have a laptop set up with Windows 98 SE. These classic computers compliment my modern desktop and 2 tablets.
    Last edited by wizardofwor1975; 09-01-2014 at 07:20 PM.