Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DTJAAAAM
    PSN
    DTJAAAAM

Default Orange Halo Edition original Xbox console discovered

Haven't posted here in a while, but a friend of mine requested that I share his find here. He recently acquired this orange original Xbox at a swap meet of some sort and requested that I photograph it. He originally thought it was just a modded system with a custom shell, but turns out the thing actually has the official Microsoft and Halo markings on it.

He has been asking around on places like ASSEMBLERgames (Topic on it here) and apparently based off the info currently known, it seems to be the only one in existence at the moment with the Halo Edition markings. Not sure if he's going to keep it, though he did mention receiving quite a few offers already, including one that was $15K.

The full album of high-res pics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Geez... $15K offer already for a crappy xbox?! TAKE IT You'd have to be such a HUGE Halo and XBOX fanboy to turn down that sum of cash over a once of a kind shell on a standard xbox. Wow what I could do with that cash would be so incredibly helpful as my house needs some serious work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Geez... $15K offer already for a crappy xbox?! TAKE IT You'd have to be such a HUGE Halo and XBOX fanboy to turn down that sum of cash over a once of a kind shell on a standard xbox. Wow what I could do with that cash would be so incredibly helpful as my house needs some serious work.
    yea, I agree. Unless there is some connection he has with it, sell it and buy a car.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Wasn't there done sort of contest with mountain dew around the time halo and mountain dew live wire came out?

The reason I ask is because this color case seems familiar, like something they were going to give away and the color may have changed before the order units were sent out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not a bad idea with the car. My wife got sick and let go from work on a loophole (temp to hire) after we got here, so this place has some problems which is why I said what I did (needs new heater, non-single pane windows, carpet, updated/repaired kitchens and bathrooms.) That 15K would fix most of that list but yeah 15K would get a hell of a nice car either free and clear or down to a really small payment. Keeping this aside from personal feelings would be insanity if people are throwing around $15,000 offers.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

The thread on Assembler is quite cool. They found the guy who actually supervised the test molds in the various colors for Microsoft. He posted this photo!

The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK