Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great NES Puzzle Games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I know you said NES puzzle games. But I personally feel the 2 best puzzle game ever created are Magical Drop 3 on Neo Geo and Intelligent Qube on PS1. You can get I.Q. Final on PS3 if you register for a jp PSN account. I do love the Lolo games, but those 2 games mentioned blow them out of the water.

Also there is a awesome N64 Bust a Move game. I wish I could remember the good one as there are 2, and the Dreamcast one, Bust a Move 4 is very competitive and addicting.
    Currently looking to trade for Magical Chase any version, and especially Dynastic Hero USA version. I have Samurai Shodown V Special MVS, lots of other MVS titles, and tons of games. Check out my profile over at http://gametz.com/user/greedostick.html if you are looking to get rid of one.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never thought of Arkanoid as a puzzle game either, its basically a Breakout clone, but very fun. And has the coolest name ever.

Yeah I'd heard of Klax before, but I never ever hear people talk about it or anything. People discuss Dr. Mario and Tetris a lot, but I never hear any of the Youtube clowns talking about Klax, or anybody in forums or anything.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As for Yoshi's Cookies, I can't figure out how the games played, I feel like a dumbass. Yoshi isn't bad tho, not as exciting as Palamedes or anything, but I found it way simpler to just turn on and play then Yoshi's Cookie. Theres a buncha games I can't figure out what I'm doing in, like Spot and Orb 3D, I just dont know wtf is going on.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another underrated game, or maybe it's not underrated, is Zoop. Not on the NES, it's a fun puzzle game on the Genesis, SNES, a buncha other systems, on the PS1, and I think the Jaguar. I'd recommend that one

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The problem with Zoop is that I recall Viacom marketed it as "the next Tetris". It's an alright game but you can't really expect it to live up to that claim.
    I think I might have played it once when, I remember, to market it they at one point used their corporate ownership of Blockbuster to make it a free rental.
    (although I don't think Viacom published anymore games after that)

Yes, I recall they announced it for just about every system "alive" in 1995, though I'm not sure how many were actually released.