Thread: edward mckays used books

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

Default edward mckays used books

Has anyone here been to an Edward Mckay used book store? I just went to one about an hour north of my house. i didnt even realized they existed but i was fairly impressed with their selection. I had my kids with me so i wasn't able to reallly look like i wanted to. but they had 2600 games, ps1, ps2, dc, snes, nes, a ton of genesis loose and boxed, along with xbox, ps3, 360, wii.

Prices weren't great but weren't bad either. They even had gi joes, transformers, and some other stuff from the 80's...anyway, i will be going back soon without the kids next time....

i was able to pick up the metal gear solid essential collection on ps2 for $20.

whaler on the moon Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been to the offshoot version here in Tennessee, just called McKay Used Books. The Tennessee stores have the same basic premises - selling used books, movies, videogames, music, comics, etc. Game prices here have really shot up in the past 12 months. Not horrible, just not as good as before.

Always enjoy a good visit there, especially since I have so much store credit from selling items. Not sure if the North Carolina stores offer store credit, as the two stores are connected historically but are two separate companies. The ones here in Tennessee were started by the former wife of Edward McKay.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been to the one in Nashville. I bought a complete Power Glove there for something like $20, and a few Atari 2600 cartridges. It doesn't have the selection of Great Escape, but it's certainly not a bad little shop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The Great Escape down there has a large game variety? Up here they don't have crap, just a small bookshelf worth of disc games that's not full and a few cardboard boxes with some carts thrown in it. I think it's because there's a local that owns a micro-chain of a few shops that has a rep for the goodies so they get much of it. I've heard of McKays, never been in one. I'd like liked to have seen the store a year or two ago but all I see anymore is decent variety, not decent prices. Seems everyone has this idea these days that ebay is the way to price stuff, but to me, that's just good enough reason to stay home and save time, gas and wear on the car.