Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Interesting info on NES marketing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I take it this show will be run a few nights a week before moving on to the next club?

That's always the way with the Nintendo fanboys, you're right there.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    Good one. When all else fails, just start calling people names.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Clearly since this had really nothing to be about being a Nintendo fanboy and all about marketing. When you can't come up with anything, peg someone as a blind fan troll especially since it was entirely off topic since the quote was about Japanese vs Western gaming habits.

Perhaps I really just dislike or can't much get into what is considered western gaming and popular these days since it has drowned out so much creativity and good stuff from hitting a disc or game card. I never was much a fan of western stuff in the 80s or 90s either, so it's nothing new, but much of it just bored the crap out of me and always has except in certain cases. I'll take an on paper D&D game over a western RPG digital version anytime. Sports I'll go in for if it's unlicensed. Racing I like the more screwy non-real stuff. FPS, WW2 DOOM Wolf3D, Duke stuff good, rest couldn't care less about mostly.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm far from a Nintendo fanboy. I went from NES to Genesis to Playstation to Playstation 2 to 360. I didn't play SNES until maybe 2 years ago, I played a lot of N64 in the 90s and had one in the house, but I preferred my Playstation. I played a little Gamecube, but again preferred my PS2 and Xbox. I do play Wii and I love it, but my 360 has gotten a lot more playtime.

If the 700 something games that were released on the NES were on the Master System, I'd be into it over the NES. But theyre not.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Clearly since this had really nothing to be about being a Nintendo fanboy and all about marketing. When you can't come up with anything, peg someone as a blind fan troll especially since it was entirely off topic since the quote was about Japanese vs Western gaming habits.

Perhaps I really just dislike or can't much get into what is considered western gaming and popular these days since it has drowned out so much creativity and good stuff from hitting a disc or game card. I never was much a fan of western stuff in the 80s or 90s either, so it's nothing new, but much of it just bored the crap out of me and always has except in certain cases. I'll take an on paper D&D game over a western RPG digital version anytime. Sports I'll go in for if it's unlicensed. Racing I like the more screwy non-real stuff. FPS, WW2 DOOM Wolf3D, Duke stuff good, rest couldn't care less about mostly.
    Yea, where's Sega from.....??

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arkanoid -- SNK = Crystalis and Baseball Stars come to mind. Beyond that, it's especially up to taste with the arcade conversions such as Heavy Barrel and the others, but most aren't loving towards Athena or the Ikari Warriors games.

I didn't list more developers as I figured that was much a blow out already with those but yeah I suppose throwing in Rare, Natsume(through other publishers mostly), and Hudson should have been noted.

bbhood -- Silent Service, just not as a dual stick setup. Controller 2 controls firing the rear torpedo tubes, lets you look around without turning the boat, and if you're sinking you can blow ballast tanks causing an emergency surfacing of the sub.
    I'll hafta try those games. I've only played Ikari Warriors and Alpha Warrior. I don't hate on Ikari Warriors, its not bad, I just suck at it, and Alpha Warrior is sort of an average space shooter, which is decent but hard as nails. Like most shooters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanoid_Katamari View Post
    Yea, where's Sega from.....??
    USA actually

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    Good one. When all else fails, just start calling people names.
    If the shoe fits.

Nothing failed, just you perhaps. I only confirmed Tanooki's post, nothing more. You guys running out of steam, I'm pretty sure you can do better. Bring it on, I'm waiting....
    Last edited by tom; 09-01-2014 at 06:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

If the shoe fits.

Nothing failed, just you perhaps. I only confirmed Tanooki's post, nothing more. You guys running out of steam, I'm pretty sure you can do better. Bring it on, I'm waiting....
    Not much more I can say, really. Whenever anyone says anything you just respond with 'SMS is better' or you call them a fanboy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm lost on any shoe fitting. I've owned all the Sega systems outside of the Pico and got my kicks out of it, just never liked the library as much as the Nintendo stuff when you factor in the third party releases. I mean this is pretty off topic anyway since this was about advertising, not personal tastes in game quality, but whatever floats the boat when one is on a mission right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Altho I've yet to encounter a really awesome SNK game on the NES. I haven't played them all yet, but the ones I have did not impress me. If u know of any exceptional SNK games on NES, let me know.
    Crystalis
    Baseball Stars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah, I played good games on my NES, but having said, I already was a 16bit gamer when the NES arrived at our shores. 8bit was like old fashioned. Nevertheless, I defended the SMS because Nintendo ruled USA due to hard work, cheating, threatening and lying. Hard work is ok, but the other not. USA is the land of fair competition, and Nintendo didn't play by the rules.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

USA actually
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega

Japan.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I played good games on my NES, but having said, I already was a 16bit gamer when the NES arrived at our shores. 8bit was like old fashioned. Nevertheless, I defended the SMS because Nintendo ruled USA due to hard work, cheating, threatening and lying. Hard work is ok, but the other not. USA is the land of fair competition, and Nintendo didn't play by the rules.
    This is true. I do think, tho, had Nintendo not been as hardcore as they were the US video game market woulda never taken back off again. Much of their strategies were to keep the market from becoming over-saturated again. And, yes, they were cutthroat with their contracts, but in the end, video games finally became a real comodity for people, and kept many developers in business. U'd never have later games like Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid if there weren't some standards set, and someone controlling things.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

USA actually
    They did start off in Hawaii, but they're based out of Tokyo. Sonic's an anime character, and he was created by Yuji Naka Naoto Ōshima, whose most likely Japanese.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They did start off in Hawaii, but they're based out of Tokyo. Sonic's an anime character, and he was created by Yuji Naka Naoto Ōshima, whose most likely Japanese.
    Plus they were also bought out by Sammy. Who is emphatically a Japanese company.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

Of course Nintendo had the better support and library, that is well known. But the SMS was very capable. I've never seen anything, homebrew or otherwise, to compare with the graphics of SF2 on the SMS...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztB42sZXgmw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They did start off in Hawaii
    Like I said, mind you wasn't Hawaii annexed?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyvale View Post
    Of course Nintendo had the better support and library, that is well known. But the SMS was very capable. I've never seen anything, homebrew or otherwise, to compare with the graphics of SF2 on the SMS...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztB42sZXgmw
    Isnt it just a basics fact that the Master System has a larger color pallet then the NES? I don't really judge the graphics based on the best on both systems either, I was just going by what an average game with average graphics looks like.

And let me state I LOVE Kirby's Adventure, and it does look better then a lot of SMS games, but it really pushes the limits of the NES. Idk if there really were any games that pushed the limits of the Master System tho in that sense. That's wat I was getting at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Isnt it just a basics fact that the Master System has a larger color pallet then the NES? I don't really judge the graphics based on the best on both systems either, I was just going by what an average game with average graphics looks like.
    Just because SMS has a larger color pallet doesnt mean the games will look better. I think Street Fighter II on the master system looks and plays horrible. Gameplay is super choppy. Compare to Joy Mech Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMexAWRftto