Thread: Custom gaming label recommendations

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Custom gaming label recommendations

I'm looking for some recommendations for paper/stock to use for custom labels. Specifically, I have developed some pretty good custom spine labels for turbografx 16 games that didn't come with jewel cases. I know in the past some people have sold such labels, but I've IMed some of them and haven't received a response so I am just going to print my own . I've tried photo paper, which gives a near perfect looking print but is impossible to wrap and glue them down neatly. I've also bought sticker printer paper from staples, which is easy to work with but prints horribly. Any suggestions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have a suggestion I got from a solid reproduction and bootleg maker from around a year ago or so now. The best one can do without having their own high quality press of their own is to buy custom specific paper for starters. Like with old Nintendo (NES/SNES) carts or even later without the laminate, the best suggestion would be like a glossy matte sticker paper, but specifically you need a slightly thicker grade and one that is specifically made for the printer type.

The sharpest image quality would be a glossy matte sticker paper, not card thickness, but not cheapo thin light passes easily through type paper and made for a laser printer, and then have your image taken to a place even as simple as a kinkos or an office depot and have them run the sticker on your paper you supply to them to ensure the quality. To get a ghetto laminate effect what you need is like the 2" wide clear packing paper and apply it line by line across the sticker before you cut it slowly rolling it to keep it flat, straight and bubble free. That's about as good as you'll get it as a do it yourself alone at home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

If you need some printed and can't find a way to do it yourself, lemme know. I can do it for you for a decent price.