Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Default September 2014 Finds

Yet another Kmart gone under. Grabbed a few things.

Sony PS Vita AC Adaptor $4
    Alphaline PS3 Quad Charging Station $5
    Alphaline Wii U Protector Kit $3

Elsewhere... Found one random used import, though I'd have preferred PS3.
    UK version Jax & Daxter Trilogy (Vita) $10

Xbox 360 official wireless controller (white) with play & charge cable $5
    Sailor Moon Super S The Movie (DVD) $2. Could be better shape and there's always the risk of bootleg. But considering how much good copies sell for...
    Last edited by theclaw; 09-02-2014 at 10:46 PM.
    Lum fan.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I didn't buy this, but I did see it yesterday at Salvation Army priced at $1.99. A Teddy Ruxpin bear. Is it just me or does it appear to be signed by Doug Walker, AKA The Nostalgia Critic?

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I didn't buy this, but I did see it yesterday at Salvation Army priced at $1.99. A Teddy Ruxpin bear. Is it just me or does it appear to be signed by Doug Walker, AKA The Nostalgia Critic?
    ... looks like it.

http://bluelineproductions.deviantar...wtwo-385478284

Huh.

Edit: Eh, might as well add my finds.

I found a copy of Evolution for Dreamcast, and another copy of one of the Project Gotham Racing 2 soundtrack CDs to replace the beat up copy I have somewhere. These were around $4 after discounting the other stuff that I bought.

I wasn't gonna pick up Evolution, until I saw the disc...

... it has no art on it. Remember that I was selling some discs that had no art a while back? (Pic) Apparently these were given out to press and testers... but they didn't include any artwork. Why did this one come with a manual and back cover? Maybe whoever got it stuck it in the case. I dunno.

In any case I'm glad to have the game back. Sorta. Heh.
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 09-04-2014 at 03:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A while back, I bought a used PS3 Slim 120 at Half Price Books for $89 (all numbers before tax) to use as a bedroom bluray player. Took advantage of the Gamestop deal this week, and traded it in for $150 towards a PS4. I got the white Destiny bundle, so I basically ended up paying 388 for it instead of 449

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Last electronics flea market of the year and it was a pretty big bust. The e-waste resellers haven't had much since they hosted an "open house" for one day at their warehouse a few months back. Sucks as they always had enough stuff for me to fill a box and get a great price on. I did pick up copies of Moon Patrol and Defender for the TI-99/4A from them for $1 each just so I'll have something to run on the hardware I bought last year.

The only other find of note is this, and it's a pretty big one...

Complete copy of Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards (256 color) for Macintosh. All the paperwork is crisp and appears to be untouched (and is hilarious).
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 09-13-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'm on vacation at the moment, and I hit a few places along the drive. Found a nice fairly new game store that had a bunch of nice imports (mostly fighting games) for the Saturn, Dreamcast, and Neo•Geo CD. Picked up the two cheaper and English-friendly-looking Saturn imports, Airs Adventures and Virus. Picked up the Intellivision games in a GameXchange in Longview, TX. I went to a Books A Million store in Bossier City, LA a few days back to find that it had closed and turned into a store called 2nd And Charles. ​Bought the two Atari 8-bit games there, the blue one with the silver label is Miner 2049'er, and the brown one is Wizard of Wor. I'm always happy when I not only come across Atari computer carts, but third-party cartridges. Those seem to be crazy rare around here. The two Atari carts were $5 each, and I passed up on an XEGS Lode Runner cart since they wanted $15 for it, I might have to go back and grab it, and play it in tribute to the creator of the game who just passed away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I has been a good month so far. A lot of brand new SNES 2 Controllers have surfaced in several places here in Monterrey, México; one dealer had several boxes that contained 24 mint factory sealed controllers. Had the chance to buy 6 controllers and I am very happy with that.

Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I picked up the Atari XEGS cart Lode Runner for $15 a couple days ago. I also picked up 2010: The Graphic Adventure for the Colecovision in a store called GameWare in Baton Rouge on Saturday. I hit a bunch of game stores around Baton Rouge and a flea market, I didn't find anything other than the single Coleco game I didn't already have. The GameWare store inside the Mall of Louisiana was nice, though, it had an arcade in the back. Not enough classic games and too many modern machines, sadly. I didn't take any pictures.

Yesterday I bought one of those DreamGear plug-and-plays that's built into a tiny little joypad. It has 108 games in it, with no repeats. The thing is, since the company wants to get into real stores, they can't pirate old Nintendo games, so they had to create a bunch of their own, most of which are only fit for little kids. But a lot of them are actually hacked Intellivision plug-and-play games that they prettied up. Astrosmash, Pinball, Thunder Castle, Space Battle, Snafu, Space Armada, Shark! Shark!, Night Stalker, Skiing, and probably several more. I think some of the games are actually hacked games from the first Atari Flashback, the Nintendo-on-a-chip version. One game played like a portion of Solaris, with upgraded graphics. These kind of things really make me laugh. And they feel the need to add repeating lame music into every game. Ugh.
    Last edited by Steve W; 09-16-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a lil bit of Sega goodness popped up, all in boxes $15

Dragon's Fury
    Ms. Pac Man
    Shadowrun
    Pirate's Gold
    Shining Force
    Fifa International Soccer
    http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&o...it&&lid=100018 wanna check my stuff out.......holla

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Recent finds:

3DS -

Mario Party Island Tour - $9 - cart+gamestop generic case, seller literally told me he hoped I'd have more fun with it than he did (probably because he didn't have friends with other 3DSes as when I got the game plenty was done in the single player mode but multiplayer wasn't even touched.)

Kingdom Hearts 3D - $22.50 - CiB - early birthday gift for a good friend who wanted it

Circle Pad Pro XL - $18 - Originally bought for Kid Icarus Uprising since I'm a lefty, but discovered it won't work with my 3DS since my IR port was scratched up by the previous owner. Split the cost with previously-mentioned Kingdom Hearts friend but it worked for him, so he took on the full price (probably better for it anyway, since Both KH and another game I got him awhile back, MH3 Ultimate, need the thing WAY more than Icarus does.)

Midnight Resistance (GEN) - $5 - label upgrade found at a Movie Trading Company. Cart only.

Super Castlevania IV (SNES) - $25 - bought from the same MTC. Was supposed to be $40 based on MTC official pricecharts but the store didn't update it and the clerk didn't care, which made the price right for me!

Original Konami Release version with Shiny label and Back sticker, not the crappy reprint.

Monster Game Gear lot - $32

Including:

Gamegear Games:

Pinball Dreams with manual
    Defenders of Oasis
    Streets of Rage 2 with manual
    Taz in Escape From Mars with manual
    Land of Illusion with Manual
    Ecco the Dolphin with Manual
    Mighty Morphin Power Rangers with manual
    Pac-Man with manual
    Jurassic Park

3 Parts Gamegear systems (battery doors presence not yet known)
    Super Wide Gear
    GG/Genesis 2/Nomad AC Adaptor
    GG Battery Pak (assumed dead)
    Game Gear Large Carrying Case (This makes my fourth one, and I need all four to hold my library XDD)
    Naki Eliminator for Game Gear
    Gamegear System Manual

VERY happy to add Defenders of Oasis to my library.

Pinball Dreams was something I initially glossed over when I bought it, but looking at it afterwards, it appears to be a ridiculously rare game, with loose copies on amazon STARTING at almost $19, and the two copies that made it to ebay in the past three months selling for around $10 each (I know, $10-19 doesn't seem that impressive compared to the multi-thousand treasures on NES, but remember this is GAME GEAR we're talking about) and as a pinball buff it's a real treat to add another pinball game to my GG collection to sit with Sonic Spinball and Devilish.

Perhaps the obscurity of its value is in part due to eBay picturing Jeopardy Sports Edition with the game's official listing, and everyone listing their copies of said game underneath it. Seriously, look at it, 22 copies listed as pinball dreams and not a single one that actually is!

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Pinball-Drea..._all_qqq_76040

Either way, it's a nice little addition.

It's been way too long since I've gotten anything to build my gamegear library...feels good to go back to the console that got me started on collecting retro
    Last edited by recorderdude; 09-23-2014 at 02:28 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up a few things over the course of this month. The playstation I took a chance on because it is a NTSC J version. I assumed it had a mod chip installed because who here in the states has a Japanese unit just for the hell of it? When i plugged it in at home my suspicions were correct. It is modded. Not bad for 9 bucks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140928_122851_resized.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	7667Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140928_122903_resized.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	7668

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's been slim pickings this month:

Nitro Adaptor 2 (Used) - $3.99

This is the most interesting thing I found this month. It's designed to play Genesis/Mega Drive games from other regions, including region locked ones, by using the dip switches on the back.

Now I don't own any Mega Drive games, but my experiments with some of my US games makes me believe it still works correctly. When I set the adaptor to the Japanese region code, Phantasy Star IV gave me a region lock message. High Seas Havoc worked normally, but both the intro and title screen were changed to the Japanese ones.

Art Academy DS (Used, Complete) - $5.99

Mario Party 4 (Used, Complete) - $10.00

Codename Sailor V Volume 2 (New) - $10.00

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    It's designed to play Genesis/Mega Drive games from other regions, including region locked ones, by using the dip switches on the back.
    Huh, that's odd. I've got one of those but there's no dip switches on it. And mine plays fine, I've been lucky enough to find some Mega Drive games in the wild over the years, never had any problems with them.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Huh, that's odd. I've got one of those but there's no dip switches on it. And mine plays fine, I've been lucky enough to find some Mega Drive games in the wild over the years, never had any problems with them.
    You probably have the first version of the Nitro adaptor, which is just a pass through device.

Region locking for Mega Drive games was introduced at the beginning of 1993. So if your games were released before that date, then they should be region free.