Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustrating or Challenging parts to Games

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    To kill those guys (on the tiny platforms) you have to use the spinning slash item before you land on them. Ninja Gaiden is about precision and utilizing the special weapons correctly.
    With Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 enemies will respawn if you get knocked back, so you you gotta be good at hitting the enemy sprites. With the flying enemies just use the Fire Wheel.
    In Ninja Gaiden III, the enemies wont respawn if you get knocked back. With practice you will find that all 3 ninja gaiden games really only get difficult in the final few stages.

You have to use the special weapons. Its basic problem solving, really.

Or you could just use the special item that lets you fly over the lava completely. Piece of cake. Grab that 1up while you are at it. Many of the block puzzles in all the mega man games can just be skipped by using the rush coil or rush jet.
    That is true about Ninja Gaiden. They're not impossible games per say, I can kill the enemies on the tiny platforms, but it still feels cheap.

As for the blocks in Mega Man 2, that is true also but if u r playing that level as ur first one, u won't have the powerups available yet. I can do the blocks, but only cuz I tried it a buncha times and memorized when/where the blocks show up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Battletoads.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I learned the meaning of the word "patience" when I first encountered darknuts in Zelda - my dad actually explained it to me at that moment. It felt really rewarding when I finally cleared that entire room of random-direction-changing bastards.

Cherry (Level 1) Eternal Champion's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gaiden is nothing compared to R-Type III, one of the worst. Worse than Gaiares, which I like, which also has one shot/one kill, back to checkpoint B.S.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One of the reasons I don't play Gradius games is because you spend all that time powering up your ship, and a single hit takes you back to a checkpoint in the middle of a major enemy assault with a useless single shot and a ship that's too slow.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XYXZYZ View Post
    One of the reasons I don't play Gradius games is because you spend all that time powering up your ship, and a single hit takes you back to a checkpoint in the middle of a major enemy assault with a useless single shot and a ship that's too slow.
    This. The Gradius series is pretty much ruined for me because of that.

I'd like to toss in a frustrating instance to a game that's a few generations later than everything mentioned here: Donkey Kong 64. Very well balanced platformer with great level design when you first start. Then, to be able to beat the game, you have the unfair challenge of having to beat the original arcade Donkey Kong twice on one credit (3 lives), just to earn a stupid token that unlocks a door to the final boss. Doesn't matter how good you are at the rest of Donkey Kong 64, if you aren't a pro at a game released 15 years prior, you cannot beat the game no matter what.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    This. The Gradius series is pretty much ruined for me because of that.

I'd like to toss in a frustrating instance to a game that's a few generations later than everything mentioned here: Donkey Kong 64. Very well balanced platformer with great level design when you first start. Then, to be able to beat the game, you have the unfair challenge of having to beat the original arcade Donkey Kong twice on one credit (3 lives), just to earn a stupid token that unlocks a door to the final boss. Doesn't matter how good you are at the rest of Donkey Kong 64, if you aren't a pro at a game released 15 years prior, you cannot beat the game no matter what.
    I haven't played Dk 64, but I never found the original DK arcade game to be that hard. That is kinda annoying tho

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidbrit2 View Post
    Ice levels.

"Hey, enjoying the game? That's cool; try playing it with shit control now."
    Haha I kinda agree. Depends on the game for ice levels tho. The one that I'm thinking of is in Mega Man 6, and its one of those things like respawning enemies, u can try to use it to ur advantage.