I've said before that these B&M stores have prices way over the top and that is the norm. Online stores don't have the overhead that these stores have, so they are much more efficient, and thus, don't need to charge as much to keep the store running.

People can complain about them all they want, but this business model won't change unless there is something else holding the store together. For example, mixing a game shop with a comic shop might be a good idea, and then they could charge decent amounts for the games while subsidizing themselves with Magic, comics, RPGs, and action figures but most store owners seem to only work with one thing. I don't know why this attitude exists, but it does. Arcades have gone this route. It's rare to see just an arcade. Usually, you get a small arcade inside of an ice cream shop, or you go to a pizza place like Chucky's or Peter Piper.

I remember seeing this documentary about bringing back manufacturing to the US; the message stated that even if we did that, it wouldn't be the same because online stores like Amazon only employ a small number of workers because they are so efficient. In house stores just can't compete on prices in the long haul. The point is, you're almost always going to find better prices online than you will in a B&M store. You may every now and then have a one off experience where you get a great deal, but generally, online is the way to go if you want to save money.