Thread: Bungie: Minotaur Labyrinths of Crete

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bungie: Minotaur Labyrinths of Crete

Minotaur is Bungie's 2nd Game released, only 2,500 copies were ever sold. Here are some pics:

http://imgur.com/n4Qjqf1
    http://imgur.com/Qs1qCkR
    http://imgur.com/rhDyGpz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Man, if only I gave a shit about retro PC games I could amass a huge collection for next to money. In almost all cases, PC games hold no value whatsoever, especially sports games. At least retro console sports games are still worth a few bucks, but PC retro sports games? forgetaboutit.

this one only sold 2500 copies so it must be rare.but valuable? eh I doubt it. I doubt there are even 2500 gamers who would want to play it.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    Man, if only I gave a shit about retro PC games I could amass a huge collection for next to money. In almost all cases, PC games hold no value whatsoever, especially sports games. At least retro console sports games are still worth a few bucks, but PC retro sports games? forgetaboutit.

this one only sold 2500 copies so it must be rare.but valuable? eh I doubt it. I doubt there are even 2500 gamers who would want to play it.
    You must not be very familiar with Bungie, lol. This game is a piece of history.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

There are actually many PC and Mac games that are valuable, especially mint/complete or sealed. This particular one hasn't shown up complete or sealed in a few years on Ebay. Having said that, 2500 copies sold isn't actually that rare in the world of rare Mac games.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    There are actually many PC and Mac games that are valuable, especially mint/complete or sealed. This particular one hasn't shown up complete or sealed in a few years on Ebay. Having said that, 2500 copies sold isn't actually that rare in the world of rare Mac games.
    This exact copy seems to have been sold on ebay, it looks to have the same wear as the one pictured in the first post.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bungie-039-s...-/111458001834

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

This thread is sorely lacking in information. What kind of game is it? How does it play? Is it any good? What does it look like? When did it come out? Or is this just a thinly disguised brag?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Of course I'm familiar with Bungie. But just because this is an early game of theirs doesn't mean it's any good or anyone should play it.

A lot of game developers started off making bad games. I would say even most. Just look at Yoshi on NES, whcih was developed by Game Freak (of Pokemon fame). Yoshi isn't rare, but imagine if it was; it still wouldn't change the fact that it's a subpar game and is undesirable to all but those crazy collectors who insist on owning every game that exists for no good reason.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    This thread is sorely lacking in information. What kind of game is it? How does it play? Is it any good? What does it look like? When did it come out? Or is this just a thinly disguised brag?
    It was a simple maze RPG type game, nothing to really write home about. I think I tried playing it once, if I remember it right Bungie included it in their big software "Mac Pack" that came in a canvas bag with their other games, Pathways into Darkness, the Marathon Trilogy, and one or two others I can't recall.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    This exact copy seems to have been sold on ebay, it looks to have the same wear as the one pictured in the first post.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bungie-039-s...-/111458001834
    Wow, that's a ridiculously high price to pay for this game in that poor condition. I think there are very few PC and Mac game collectors who would want it in that shape, rare or not.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, that's a ridiculously high price to pay for this game in that poor condition. I think there are very few PC and Mac game collectors who would want it in that shape, rare or not.
    No, it's really not. Bungie is a very collectible company. This is the first (public)sale of Minotaur since Bungie's initial offering back in 1992. People are willing to pay that for the floppies themselves, the box is just another added on bonus and it's hardly believable that this game was found in the first place. Bungie doesn't even have an archive of this game. This is a piece of gaming history.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBNG View Post
    No, it's really not. Bungie is a very collectible company. This is the first (public)sale of Minotaur since Bungie's initial offering back in 1992. People are willing to pay that for the floppies themselves, the box is just another added on bonus and it's hardly believable that this game was found in the first place. Bungie doesn't even have an archive of this game. This is a piece of gaming history.
    I'm sorry, but I've been collecting Mac and PC games for nearly 20 years now and this is not the first time this particular title has appeared for sale. I believe the last time I saw a complete one on Ebay was maybe 4 years ago, but then I haven't been looking very hard. I find it hard to believe that Bungie doesn't have an archive of the game considering they re-released it as part of the Action Sack. It's no more or less a piece of gaming history than any other harder to find game. If you're happy with what you paid, that's great. Personally and like many other PC and Mac game collectors, I don't collect loose floppies regardless of rarity and I wouldn't buy a PC or Mac game that wasn't either sealed or mint complete, so to me and probably many other collectors this particular copy of the game is worthless.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sorry, but I've been collecting Mac and PC games for nearly 20 years now and this is not the first time this particular title has appeared for sale. I believe the last time I saw a complete one on Ebay was maybe 4 years ago, but then I haven't been looking very hard. I find it hard to believe that Bungie doesn't have an archive of the game considering they re-released it as part of the Action Sack. It's no more or less a piece of gaming history than any other harder to find game. If you're happy with what you paid, that's great. Personally and like many other PC and Mac game collectors, I don't collect loose floppies regardless of rarity and I wouldn't buy a PC or Mac game that wasn't either sealed or mint complete, so to me and probably many other collectors this particular copy of the game is worthless.
    I've contacted bungee and they do not have this game archived. How much did it sell for when you saw it a few years back? Have you seen Operation Desert Storm come up for sale?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

yeeeahhhh, well, for random and forgotten games maybe, but any PC games that people actually want to have in complete condition tend to be rarer and more expensive than console stuff. Any LucasArts/Sierra/SSI/etc. collector can tell you that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wing Commander Kilrathi Saga has been a yo-yo of being pricy to expensive when you have all of it there in the box. I lucked into not taking a huge hit on it a year or two back to replace an older copy. It's nice having all 3 of those originals in one package that works on even a modern Windows box. Another is the X-Wing (w/addons) and Tie Fighter (with addons) games that were redone for Win98/XP using real 3D models instead of the old DOS game but it also to a lesser degree has been one that costs a bit more. If you want it, like anything, you pay for it. You can rush in and pay a lot, or show restraint and perhaps find a deal.