Thread: Spreadsheet of 166+ 8bit Multiplatform Ports: Help Wanted

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Spreadsheet of 166+ 8bit Multiplatform Ports: Help Wanted

For a long while now I've had this project on the backburner, and now I think I want to "crowdsource" the rest of it. I've been gathering a mega-list of every significant 8-bit multiplatform port on every console and significant computer. Ultimately, I wanted the list to encompass damn near everything except emulation, and so I turn to DigitPress (and others!) to help.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...7JM/edit#gid=0

I currently have 166 up spanning all the major consoles and major computers. I'd like to expand the number of titles on this list first and foremost and to eventually link back to something: Youtube gameplay, GameFAQs entries, something else (I started linking Atari titles to AtariAge).

Most of these games are checked, but not all, especially on systems I'm not too familiar with, such as the Spectrum, PC-8801, and Amstrad CPC. Also, I'm sure I missed some regional releases, and I didn't mark them as such, except for unlicensed games (U) under the Famicom/NES column. Eventually, I'd like to be more specific with region.

I also am lacking a ton of homebrew ports that I'm sure are out there but just that I am unaware of them or haven't added them yet.

Finally, if there are any games that I ought to add to the list, please suggest away. I'd love to start filling this out majorly. I've geared it more toward the 2600 as a base, more toward the early 80s rather than the late 80s/90s, and more toward arcade action titles than computer adventure titles. However, this isn't a rule or anything, and so computer games or late 80s games are definitely wanted as well.

Any suggestions, comments, critiques, fact-checking, etc. is more than welcome.

Quick notes: HB = homebrew, PMC = Pac-Man Collection, U = unlicensed

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Cool project! It's very ambitious (as I'm sure you more than realize), but the good news is that it will be useful at every stage of its development, so "finishing" it isn't as heavy a burden.

The first missing game that leaps out at me is Super Pitfall, which was on the NES, Tandy CoCo 3, and PC-8801. The CoCo also had official ports of Zaxxon, Robocop (CoCo 3 only), Shamus, Silpheed, and Thexder (CoCo 3 only), among other games. This list might be helpful. There was even an official Zaxxon port for the TRS-80 Model I/III!

Also, the Emerson Arcadia 2001 had a bunch of ports of offbeat arcade games, IIRC. And three of the four Adventure Vision games are ports, so you might as well knock out the whole console at once.
    Last edited by goldenband; 10-14-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks! I am not at all familiar with the Adventure Vision, and even less with the Arcadia, so it's quite something for me to see these variants! I wasn't sure which list to use for Arcadia games, but this one seems legit: http://amigan.1emu.net/agg/#carts

Some of those clones seemed a bit sketchy to the point where I'm not sure they qualify as clones of the game or just clones of the gameplay. I added in the obvious ones, but if I should add more, I'll be happy to take your word for it.

Turtles was an entirely new one to me. Seems it was only on the Odyssey2, Arcadia, and Adventure Vision. Shocking! I haven't seen it in any arcades either, so now I want to track down a way to play it! Maybe I'll give it a romp in MAME.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't see Gauntlet II on your list, that went to some systems. I had it on the NES and DOS PC, oddly the NES version is super faithful right down to DPCM recordings of all the talking in the game, being 4 player, and the randomly generated stages after the first few of them.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good call! Added that in as well.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Great project/list!
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks! With ApolloBoy's help, we've expanded it to 214 games, and added in a couple of obscurities. I'll be working on how to best present this information once I feel it's relatively complete. Any others want to make suggestions on games missing please feel free to do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I didn't see it added but a few systems got the 'Root Beer' Tapper version of that game, some computers and the coleco at the least.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I didn't see it added but a few systems got the 'Root Beer' Tapper version of that game, some computers and the coleco at the least.
    If you go down to Tapper and over to those consoles, I had marked it RB to indicate that, since it really only was a name change.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You're not including the Turbografx/PC Engine? Roadblasters and Super Off Road come to mind.