gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I decided to say eff it and buy a few amiibos today. Got Toon Link, Mega Man, and Sheik. I remember people saying they were having a hard time finding these ones, but I found them pretty easily at a few stores.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo said that they're releasing some of the rarer Amiibos in card form down the line. Is there any hint at releasing them all in card form? I want the fullsize toys but don't have the real estate for them
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Toon Link, Sheik, Mega Man and also Sonic have been formerly hard to find Amiibo but in the last couple of weeks I've seen them all over the place.

I was out shopping for food today, store carries a limited amount of them and I guess they don't want Samus anymore as they had one with a clearance sticker for $3 off so I grabbed it. I'm now up to 3 of them. She's definitely a tall one next to Mega Man and Toon Link.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    They modify the game environment in whatever way they're coded to if you try them on a certain game.

How does this differ from buying a code to unlock content already on the disc? Many people had trouble with that concept. With all the controversy surrounding availability and Nintendo planning to replace figures with simple plastic tabs or cards, do you think the figures really negate the argument of buying to unlock content already on the disc?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I'm tempted to buy a couple of them or so, just as desk toys, as I don't know if I'd want to bother carting them around to use on my 3DS or with the WiiU.
    Bah. Just wait for these things to hit market saturation and the price of the used toys to drop just like Skylanders (sky-who-what-now?).
    Last edited by dinolazer; 03-14-2015 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Ah Amiibos... man in their late thirties harassing store clerks on the phone everyday to get the latest released figurines, and buy all of the same model to call them rare and put them on craigslist for 60$ or trade against another lame figurine... good times. Seriously I dont get it, dont expect to get a girls phone number when you pay!

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I only have Mario and Link, might get a few others if I happen to see them when I have money to spend (Toon Link, Mario Party Luigi, particularly) but I'm not going to lose sleep if I don't get them nor am I going to spend aftermarket prices on them or spend time tracking shipments to stores, harassing clerks, etc, to get them.

I haven't opened them yet, only thing I have that supports them so far is Hyrule Warriors, and I'm not far enough into that to be ready for the weapon Link unlocks and whatever Mario (or any random Amiibo) does.

Quote Originally Posted by dinolazer View Post
    do you think the figures really negate the argument of buying to unlock content already on the disc?
    Yes, at least partially. You can hold a figure, look at it, put it on display. Codes, not so much. I'd still much rather there not be locked content in the game, or have a way to unlock it for free within the game with the Amiibo just unlocking it easier, but at least you get something physical for your money here. If that's not something you want, then no, it's not better than a code, but to a lot of people they are a neat little collectible.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Today Best Buy got restocked with Meta Knight amiibos... I showed up late in the day around 7:30 and got the last one.
    Pretty cool to be able to get one for 13$. Might want to check your local store if you are into these.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

They look neat and I'm normally all for supporting cheap, attractive desk clutter, but I haven't taken the plunge.
    The only one I really want is Samus, but I never see it in stores. I'll probably just order it on Amazon or something eventually.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I'm out of my goddamn mind for them. Was hoping they'd fail and be easy catches but the exact opposite happened. Fucking Nintendo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I own 6: Sonic, Toon Link, Sheik, Zelda, Gold Mario and PAC-MAN.

Mainly bought the first four just for Hyrule Warriors use mainly "except Sonic, got him for my own personal fandom and old school Sega feels <3" , then picked up Gold Mario for rarity sake and that one day I may use it on Mario Party also filled in for fifth Amiibo for Hyrule Warriors. Picked up PAC-MAN exclusively for the Mario Kart 8 outfit cause, I gotta have that outfit, plus it's cool to have PAC-MAN.

That's really "at this point" the only Amiibo I ever plan on buying as to me I like them and they have use. More nostalgia than collecting for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Smash Bros. line is almost done and all I want is Duck Hunt and R.O.B. anything else I could care less.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I'd like to have a complete line of Amiibo, but I have my priorities on the ones which are the most important to me, and I'm not going to pay much over retail price to get any of them except for my absolute favorites. To be honest, I'm "casually" collecting them at this point due to finances. That being said, I have had help from my grandmother and mother in hunting some of them down. With their help, I now have 13 of them:

• Fox McCloud
    • Link
    • Zelda
    • Mario (Smash Bros.)
    • Bowser (Smash Bros.)
    • Peach (Smash Bros.)
    • Sonic The Hedgehog
    • Yoshi (Mario Bros.)
    • Pac-Man
    • Wario
    • Silver Mario
    • Charizard
    • Inkling Boy

Right now, the ones I want the most which I don't already have are Kirby and Mega Man. Hopefully I'll get those by the end of the year. ("I'm gonna get that Kirby!" ;-))

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

All i gots is gold mario.
    It's a shame he'll sit in the box until i get rid of it untill then it looks cool. And no I'm not selling it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate Amiibo. Every Nintendo Direct is ....(game)....Amiibo....(game).....Amiibo.....(gam e)....Amiibo....locking on disk/card game content behind this plastic junk it makes me want to puke. I cant wait for the day when some knock off company makes a disk with all Amiibo capability. With that said I would buy a Mr Game and Watch and Chibi Robo as I don't mind having statues of those guys and there isn't much stuff(statues/toys) out there for them.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My husband and I have managed to get a nice assortment of the early ones when the local GameStop was accepting in-store preorders, but everything started going to hell in a handbasket once the exclusives started rolling out. We have:

Luigi
    Pikachu
    Link
    Samus
    Yoshi
    Kirby
    Peach
    Sheik
    Meta Knight (traded Shulk for it because it was easier for me to get a Gamestop exclusive than a Best Buy exclusive)
    King Dedede
    Villager
    Wii Fit Trainer
    Sonic
    Mega Man
    Zelda
    Toad

I'm not joining in the feeding frenzy, nor will I feed the greedheads who snapped the figures up while I slept or worked. I'm in agreement with CDiablo with respect to Splatoon - I want to play the missions, but I'm not giving some jackball on eBay $60 (+$20 shipping because they can) for the 3-pack.

I will be preordering the Chibi-Robo Zip Lash bundle to support the new game.
    Last edited by Sailorneorune; 06-05-2015 at 05:34 AM.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorneorune View Post
    . I'm in agreement with CDiablo with respect to Splatoon - I want to play the missions, but I'm not giving some jackball on eBay $60 (+$20 shipping because they can) for the 3-pack.
    I dont know why the 3-pack is selling for so much. I was at Toys-r-us yesterday and they had quite a few of them in stock for 34$. They also had ALOT of the splatoon boy and girl amiibos.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Bubble_Man's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I started out collecting them with enthusiasm, but the difficulty of obtaining recent waves has really caused that enthusiasm to fizzle out.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    I dont know why the 3-pack is selling for so much. I was at Toys-r-us yesterday and they had quite a few of them in stock for 34$. They also had ALOT of the splatoon boy and girl amiibos.
    I admit I haven't tried Toys R Us yet, but we do have some crazies around here who raided the stores last week for amiibo. Not sure if TRU was affected. Are there any games you're looking for that might make it worth a possible trade for a 3-pack?
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorneorune View Post
    I admit I haven't tried Toys R Us yet, but we do have some crazies around here who raided the stores last week for amiibo. Not sure if TRU was affected. Are there any games you're looking for that might make it worth a possible trade for a 3-pack?
    Hey. When I went to Toys-r-us I diddnt buy any of the Splatoon amiibos. I was there looking for other specific ones, mainly wario but they diddnt have any I wanted so I diddnt buy any. I would have bought one of the Splatoon 3-packs for myself but the 6 or 7 they had on the shelf had creased packaging. They had a shitload of the splatoon boy and girl so I passed on those as well. I think the splatoon amiibos wont be super hard to find, so I wouldnt go crazy for them yet.

Ive found that Toys-r-us has by far the best selection and quantity of amiibos. If you havent tried toys-r-us you might be surprised. They are a little more expensive but they have way more and get re-stocked much more often.