Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can any sealed game experts help me out?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    How cute passing blame on supporting him to people like myself who aren't fans of uptight collectors. I really don't see any merit in attacking him and I'd rather not see him run off the site from posting again for a few more months or for good this time. Is it really worth it to make a point even if you can't back your shit up any better than he can other than words. He won't prove he can do it because it would give proof of concept, and you won't prove he can't because you can't prove it's impossible. Just leave it be.
    Right, anyone who disagrees with you should just "leave it be". It's a discussion forum. If you're not interested in engaging in a respectful and open discussion, perhaps this isn't the place for you or WiggyX. As for why he won't prove what he claims he can do, it's because he can't do it. I'm not the one who made a claim that I could do something, he was. I don't have to prove anything as there is no way for me to prove a negative. On the other hand, he can try to prove his claim but can't because it's not the easy process he claims it to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Arrow

You do love going in circles to win a pointless battle. I have no problem with civil discussion but not all of it has been. The continually repeating the same junk isnt going to make a difference beating the horse to death. Believe whatever you want but going on and on isnt helping which is why I said leave it be. He wont show despie the fact we do not know if he can or not so there is no way to know.

59 6F 75 72 20 48 44 44 20 61 64 64 69 6E 67 20 65 6D 62 61 72 72 61 73 73 69 6E 67 20 64 61 74 61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He won't prove he can do it because it would give proof of concept
    Actually, it would be more beneficial to the community if he did give proof (without going into explicit details on how it is done) rather than leaving everyone to stumble around in the dark believing that accurate forgories are impossible.

Also, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
    Mario says "... if you do drugs, you go to hell before you die."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone in this thread even collect sealed NES, SNES, GB, or GBA games? N64 perhaps(different H seam, but it's still relevant)?

I feel like some of you guys have no knowledge of what an authentic, sealed cardboard box Nintendo game even looks like and are just picking a side because I am coming off as an asshole/am not well known.

Quote Originally Posted by jonebone View Post
    The H-Seam is easy to fake... but fortunately that is just one of the many aspects to consider when verifying a game as legitimate. I've seen plenty of fake H-Seam games, but ventholes, tightness of wrap, texture of wrap and some other factors all come into play as well.
    This. . . . Kind of.

When a pseudo H seam is attempted, there is always something glaringly wrong with it in the end. Not to mention you have to do it by hand in conjunction with using the sealing machine and that's always a pain in the ass. There is no option for "H SEAM SEAL" on a sealing machine.

So in essence, yes, it is easy to fake a sub par H seam. Making it look even half way legit is impossible without the machine Nintendo used.

Wiggy, if its about the internet seeing how you do it and stealing your jive, you could always take a picture of an over sized box and h seam it up all nice and tight with no flaws(something that you couldn't just buy off ebay with the H seam already on it). This way your "secret" doesn't get out.

If it's "easy for you", you should have no problem doing it.

Since, ya know, it's easy.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    What you identify as the "major flaw" is actually the greatest support for my argument. The original H seals were done by machine. That means they are all pretty uniform and consistent and that there are tell tale signs that allow those of us that have been doing this for a while to identify legitimate and illegitimate copies. What you are proposing is that you can, using manual means, duplicate all the nuances of a fairly elaborate machine process. People have tried and at first glance they might fool novices, but in every case, more experienced collectors have quickly identified the forgery.
    Yeah, exactly. The originals were done by machine. To say that you can easily create a perfect forgery of a shrink wrap seal that was done by machine using only 200$ of equipment/materials is just silly. If it is as easy as wiggy says it is, I am sure there would be way way more resealed games floating around.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Eh. This thread is full of way too many assumptions about what opposing sides feel, know, and collect.

But to answer Yorkie's question, I don't collect sealed games but I do own a few sealed Nes and Gba games.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I don't bother much with sealed games unless I find them at thrift/garage sale prices. And even then I usually already own an open copy of the game or it's a shit game not worth my time to play

And before I forget I feel that wiggy has done more of this sort of thing than any of us and they have probably done more for the retro gaming industry than most of us here in this crap posting off a thread will ever do so I take their word on it with out any sort of damming evidence.
    Last edited by Niku-Sama; 10-22-2014 at 03:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Look Daria is right, too much assuming. I'm not a sealed collector, but that said I do have a few sealed games, one that will stay as such and I've had others come and go. Having once enjoyed their endured existing over at NA with that overbearing collector community there I read most the posts there having been a work at home here for years so I got bored, I got used to seeing all the standards on what to look out for and what not. I could sniff out a fake well enough over some total newbie asking for a bit of help having been schooled that way. I recall a truly passable without going into microscope level garbage fake presented on there before and discussions of VGA being duped as well online. That's why I'm trying to say wiggy could be telling the truth, I'm not and nor have I ever said he was being 100% honest and everyone else is full of crap, it's just that it may not be $200 easy (or maybe it is for him with his existing tools as added cost) but someone, somewhere can do it. Maybe it was a new seal, maybe it was someone redoing them with the equipment in the earlier 90s and 80s because stores up until corrupt fuckers at Software Etc/Gamestop took away the gamers right to return shitty goods because it 'could' be copied allowed returns and they'd seal stuff up there on site (terrible) and some would go back to a warehouse for it and those were done I'd think right or damn near to being right as I had a friend working retail for them back in the early/mid 90s (around the virtual boy days.)

My leave it be was that going in circles and telling each side they're full of shit is stupid, pointless, and a waste of time. Neither side is showing any proof, just seeing who can scream the loudest, and attacking someone isn't open discussion either. I personally think VGA is a fix, a street corner guess the card scam game with a steady enough pool of suckers who don't need proof, rules or posted standards that are consistent and they're happy with it. VGA has been shown to be able to be scammed, they also will keep taking the same game back in for more checks and I've seen at NA people who hated a grade and returning it until it was rated higher each time charged like $70 or whatever it is (it's not that cheap) to get it. If you send in something 3x and the first 2x it says one rating, and the third is higher, that's bs. I don't care if someone collects sealed, it's their cash, personally I think more or less it's stupid, they're games, not pieces of art and shelf nicnaks, but whatever, at least they can be opened up without the use of a hammer (VGA) if you want to use them. I have for good a sealed yellow Metroid I have in a shadowbox, favorite Samus art of the 20th century games, yet I still have my release gray I can play. I also still have a couple sealed up GBA games, one for sale, the other I'll open when I finish the RPG I'm on so I'm not going to tear into a sealed guy as a numbnuts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Definitely not the place for me anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Great...hrmm. That's what we need to be doing now, driving off people.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Great...hrmm. That's what we need to be doing now, driving off people.
    Right, so we should all just allow people to post whatever garbage they want without ever questioning it or discussing it. Frankly, I'd rather the forum completely shut down than impose self-censorship on the members who participate here regularly just because some guy who is trying to run a for-profit business got offended when forum members questioned his ridiculous claims.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well you're allowed to post and treat him like that without any measure of evidence he was lying taking it towards not just questioning but being insulting. Stop trying to act the martyr you don't do it well. He's a nice enough people that didn't deserve being shoved out through harassment, that's all I'm saying.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well you're allowed to post and treat him like that without any measure of evidence he was lying taking it towards not just questioning but being insulting. Stop trying to act the martyr you don't do it well. He's a nice enough people that didn't deserve being shoved out through harassment, that's all I'm saying.
    I didn't treat him in any specific way and nobody harassed him. He made a false claim and when people including myself questioned him about it, he tried to shift attention and finally walked away like a spoiled child. I'm not aware of any forum that would applaud him for his behavior and it's pretty sad that we have gotten to the point where we will just accept any BS simply for the sake of maintaining something that has been dying for a very long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    Your definitely not the person I want to leave, you do cool shit for retro gaming.

I think it's time for this thread to just end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

And again we're accepting your bs since you're insisting basically he's a liar. You'd do well over at NA griefing people that don't fall in line with the collector crowd.

Niku agreed, this thread should just stop as it's done enough damage. Of course then there will be the cries of censorship.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

well its harassment and if I remember correctly against forum rules.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Nobody harassed anybody in this thread and I dont see where any 'damage' was done.
    Wiggy stated that you can easily make perfect forgeries of NES h-seam seals with 200$ worth of equipment. This sounds like total bs to me, but hey I dont have all the 'experience' and 'knowledge' that wiggy says he has, so I guess wiggy just has to be right. Why should anybody question him at all, because ya know, he says that he has more experience and if he was to produce so kind of proof to back up his claim then "you would incorrectly call out flaws just based on your extreme bias and lack of knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    Yeah its too bad that 100% of the people here will not kiss your ass. bye.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 10-23-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

...and that's a great example of going over the line.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Wow....

This thread sure has run aground. Sealed games brings out the best in us all, without question.

And we're done here.

**lockerooni**
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog