Come on, we all know about these. Games that are bad even if you put aside their creators and hatedoms. I still think the biggest gaming-related mistake I have ever made was buying Gone Home.

Most immature, pretentious, unfun, preachy, anti-game "game" with a script that would be laughed out of any writer's room even in Hollywood that I have possibly played. Its winning of awards just proved that gaming "journalism" is a joke and that people are desperate for their hobby to be art in the same way that movies are.

And I swear, half of these games are "retro" simply because these developers don't want to try to make something in 3D. Fez is another example of one of these indie games that I couldn't stand.

Is the industry really becoming nothing but Molyneux-esque hodgepodges of "games" that are just a glorified visual novel or Mountain Dewrito fueled AAA brown shooters? You either deal with egotists telling you that you're a shitty person or faceless corporations getting away with always-online or on-disc DLC. Every once in a while a game comes out that actually is worth the full price, but most of the time I'd rather wait until a price drop.