Thread: Wounded 2600...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wounded 2600...

The reset on my 2600-4 switch is REALLY hard to get to work. Any suggestions as to what might help ? :/
    There are only 10 types of people in the world...those who know how to read binary, and those who don't.

-(Gigolo)-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, it kinda depends on what you mean by "hard". If the switch travels fine, but the switch contact doesn't seem to make contact, I recommend some contact cleaner (an aerosol from radio Shack). You'd have to go inside it, and give it a little shot to the inside of the switch. It's pretty easy to get inside... 4 screws I think. Just be careful, as the angle has to be right when you pull the cover off, or you will put stress on the switches. We don't wanna break anything...

If that doesn't do it, my bet would be to solder in another switch from a donor deck. I've never had any luck actually disassembling switches. They come apart fine, but putting them back together with proper tension is impossible (for me anyway).

Good Luck!
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!