Thread: Thinking of buying a Framemeister, need help of current owners of that device

Gaming before CDs came out the_importer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Thinking of buying a Framemeister, need help of current owners of that device

Hi there,

I'm getting really tired of using a CRT for my retro systems. I can't stand the never ending battle with geometry issues and frankly, it would be nice to play these old games on my couch in front of my 40" LED.

I was thinking of buying a Framemeister and getting some RGB cables to go with it. I'll start with the 5 retro systems I own that are already RGB ready (SNES, SMS, Gen+32X, PS1, Sat) and eventually mod my AV Famicom and PCE Duo. Before doing so, I do have some questions for which I hope someone with experience with the Framemeister can answer (I'm in Canada and all of my systems are either North American or Japanese):

1- I know that you can't mix Japanese SCART and European SCART, but what about using SCART switchers like the European Bandridge 5 way SCART splitter? If I use this, will I need to buy a modded Framemeister RGB cable for European SCART or can I still use the Japanese one that came with it? What about the cables for the systems, will I need to buy Japanese or European ones if I use such a switcher?

2- I'm guessing that if I want Stereo sound with my Genesis 1 + 32X combo via SCART, that I'll need to buy a modded stereo 32X patch cable, right?

3- Here's a quick schematic I did using icons from another forum (colors and models can vary from picture), can anyone find anything that could go wrong with this setup?

Thank you for your time

Last edited by the_importer; 11-02-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

In most cases European cables will need a European adapter at some stage. Normal SCART switchers don't change output pinout.
    Theoretically a correctly wired switcher will be neutral, sending whichever it receives from the input cable. I don't know if that's been tested.

This example will plug right into the XRGB. Shouldn't need to modify your current cable.
    http://www.retrogamingcables.com/eur...-for-sale.html

For stereo with model 1 and 32X, yeah there are custom cables. Easy to spot. They split off a wire to the headphone jack.
    Lum fan.

Gaming before CDs came out the_importer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    In most cases European cables will need a European adapter at some stage. Normal SCART switchers don't change output pinout.
    Theoretically a correctly wired switcher will be neutral, sending whichever it receives from the input cable. I don't know if that's been tested.

This example will plug right into the XRGB. Shouldn't need to modify your current cable.
    http://www.retrogamingcables.com/eur...-for-sale.html

For stereo with model 1 and 32X, yeah there are custom cables. Easy to spot. They split off a wire to the headphone jack.
    Thank you for your reply, I will double check those switch boxes' wiring before buying.