Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November 2014 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default November 2014 Finds

My brother's always wanted a pachinko machine and I've been on the lookout for a working one for a while, picked this up this afternoon. He's trying to figure out how it works right now, it's got a lot of electronic parts but there's no obvious place to plug it in.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default November 2014 Finds

Man....7 days into the month and no one has any finds?

Well, it is the off-season for yard sales and what not plus it's getting rather nippy outside.

No pictures unfortunately but I did happen upon some finds this past weekend at the flea market. It had been a while since I was there and I noticed a couple of game vendors who weren't there anymore.

Luckily the guy I like to deal with was still there and he had a regular edition copy of Bravely Default that I picked up for $20. He also stockpiled a huge amount of Genesis games. I found Crack Down, High Seas Havoc, and Ishido: The Way of Stones all CIB. We haggled but I basically got them for $15 each. The Ishido still has it's shrink wrap on with the Electronics Boutique sticker showing it was $54.99 at one time. He had a few more Genesis games that I wanted like Battletoads and Awesome Possum but I was already up $65 at that point so I'm hoping they'll be there the next time I go.

Another game vendor on the other end of the flea had a couple of cheap titles. I picked up Shadows of the Damned on PS3 for $10 and Forza Motosport 2 for $5. Not much else to be had but we got there late so we only did one side of the flea (it's a sizeable flea market and it takes longer to navigate with three small children in tow). The rest of the finds included some comics and Snoopy toys.

On the way home we dropped by a Gamestop and I found Crazy Mini Golf 2 on Wii for $5.

At the beginning of the month I picked up some games from a deal on another forum. I snagged Super Mario Galaxy 1 (Wii), One Piece Unlimited Adventure (Wii) Ridge Racer 3D (3DS) and One Piece Unlimited World Red (3DS) for $90. I paid a little more than I wanted to for the Wii One Piece game but I was tired of trying to find it local (I'm kicking myself for passing on it when I saw it used @ $40 at Gamestop which I could have gotten another $4 off of). Now I just have to find a copy of the first 3DS one with slipcover.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I normally hate seeing ebay purchases and the like here, because they lack anything making them interesting to read.

However, I found out that the PSP release of Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together is going for roughly $10 shipped new and sealed on ebay. This is one I meant to get upon release, but was just too busy with work to keep track of new games at the time.

Great price and I encourage anyone interested to go buy one while it's cheap.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had one like that once upon a time. It probably runs on those large 6 volt batteries, hence no where to hoop up power.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since everyone is saying there's no life in the finds thread I'll liven it up a bit. I post ads on Craigslist often now for buying stuff as I'm doing a lot of garage sales and flea markets now and need stuff to resell. There's also talk of me opening up a small brick and mortar store in the works. This is a great way to get stuff at reasonable price and get some good stuff too. I also get first dibs on stuff for the collection. A guy was moving and wanted to clean his house out and said he had a lot of video game stuff to get rid of. He told me it didn't all work right. He came over to my house and we went through everything. The Dreamcast works, one controller is bad and the games need resurfacing. The NES consoles came with what is pictured and need new pin connectors and look like crap. The SNES needs a new power supply and a new power jack on the back of the system but can be fixed with some repair time. The Atari works fine but needs a new AV cord since the one he put in there is only like a foot long. It did come with the F to phono adapter though which saves me a few bucks. All in all I will probably have to spend $75 on parts to get this all working.

The games I got were gold though, can anyone spot the NES rarity? No that one is not for sale as it's going into my collection. Most of the rest will be resold.

All together I spent $150

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy View Post
    The games I got were gold though, can anyone spot the NES rarity? No that one is not for sale as it's going into my collection. Most of the rest will be resold.
    I can't see some of them due to bad lighting but I guess it's Bomberman II?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guessed right with the Bomberman II, the ones in the dark pic are mostly filler. The Black cart in the top right corner is Double Strike or as I like to call it, Double Stroke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy View Post
    I had one like that once upon a time. It probably runs on those large 6 volt batteries, hence no where to hoop up power.
    My brother came to the same conclusion, the only place to add power are two wires with screws on the ends, the kind you screw into one of those old lantern batteries or something. He works for the city in the maintenance department, so he's going to take it to work with him and see if one of the electricians and him can figure out how to get it working. He wants to get that thing running so bad, he hasn't played pachinko in a couple decades at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found a brand new copy of Little Big Planet at Best Buy for $6.99. I had gone up to snag Super Smash Bros. and Fantasy Life for 3DS on the promo they're running this week of B1G1 50% off. I also had $20 in bonus rewards to spend so after taking off those and the GCU 20% off new discount, I only paid like $4.26 for the LBP.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Recent pickups...

From the Salvation Army, all for Commodore 64 and all in great shape:

Wizardry Trilogy-$8.99
    Deathlord-$5.99
    Skyfox II-$5.99
    Plundered Hearts-$5.99

Top 20 Solid Gold-$5.99
    Captain Blood-$5.99
    Delta Man-$5.99
    The Legend of Blacksilver-$5.99

These were at a National Council of Jewish Women's thrift, all shrink wrapped and $5 each.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Woah... is that copy of Legend of Blacksilver still sealed? Get that thing on eBay stat, it can go for a decent price

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's actually opened at the top with most of the shrink wrap still on it. It is complete and in great shape though.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been slacking off on posting my finds, so half of this stuff is from October.

My first purchases are from Solaris Japan:

Lunar I & II Art Book (Used) - 2334 Yen

Doraemon Mega Drive Game (Used, Complete) - 3290 Yen

[

The DVDs were purchased from various third party sellers on Amazon, and the manga was found at Value Village:

Nadia TSoBW: Aboard the Nautilus (New) - $7.95

Nadia TSoBW: Battleground (New) - $7.99

Nadia TSoBW: Nemo's Fortess (New) - $2.49

Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus Volume 1 (Used) - $1.99

Sailor Moon Volume 11 (Used) - $1.99

Earlier this month, I walked into one my local pawn shops and I found two decent DS games:

Pokemon Soul Silver (Used, Complete) - $35.00

Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light (New, Sealed) - $10.00

The FF game was originally priced at $20. But thanks to the pawn shop's continuous "buy one and get one half off" deal for their games, I got both for $45.00 even.

Finally, I picked up my pre-order for Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal along with the exclusive pre-order figure. My local EB Games store ended up getting more figures than they had actual pre-orders, so the clerk gave me two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice, I've got that Lunar II artbook as well. It's very pretty (and heavy!).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Totally not gaming but I had to list this without imagery.

Today is 50% off coupon day at Half Price Books if you have one near by. I was in the same store yesterday and it was not in the case, missed it by hours and thankful it was still there. They had it for $70 (so I paid $35!!) A Kindle Paperwhite along with a Fintie Folio Case (Red/Black Spine) with magnetic closing that auto on/offs the Kindle. A new Paperwhite is $120 and used around $90 online, the Fintie case is a $13 case on Amazon and $27 retail at a store.

Hell of a deal and both are spotless, someone barely used this or used a soft hand with it if they did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Totally not gaming but I had to list this without imagery.

Today is 50% off coupon day at Half Price Books if you have one near by. I was in the same store yesterday and it was not in the case, missed it by hours and thankful it was still there. They had it for $70 (so I paid $35!!) A Kindle Paperwhite along with a Fintie Folio Case (Red/Black Spine) with magnetic closing that auto on/offs the Kindle. A new Paperwhite is $120 and used around $90 online, the Fintie case is a $13 case on Amazon and $27 retail at a store.

Hell of a deal and both are spotless, someone barely used this or used a soft hand with it if they did.
    Nice find.

Speaking of Half Price Books, I remembered today was 50% off (I thought it was your entire order, not just your highest priced item). The gaming section never was that big to begin with and it was already picked over pretty well. I did find a CIB copy of Quest for Camelot for $3.99. It wasn't my highest priced item though, I found a older DC vs. Marvel trade for $4.99.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Goodwill finds for $5.99 each. I was amazed the Contra: Legacy of War 3D glasses were to be found.

And yeah, I passed these up at Savers. There were also a couple of Japanese PS2 soccer games that were regular price, and a PS2 .hack//Infection game without the DVD for $34.99.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

At those prices I would have too

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orangest View Post

Goodwill finds for $5.99 each. I was amazed the Contra: Legacy of War 3D glasses were to be found.

And yeah, I passed these up at Savers. There were also a couple of Japanese PS2 soccer games that were regular price, and a PS2 .hack//Infection game without the DVD for $34.99.
    Someone at Savers must have been drunk, their prices are usually good on video game stuff.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saw a Neo Geo at a Pawn Shop!...for $300.