Thread: Report this joker please

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Report this joker please

Please help in getting this auction pulled. I hate this shit so much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Half-Life-Ca...:X:RTQ:US:1123
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What's the problem? There's no deception going on. The video says 'unreleased' and the title says 'canceled' on it. Sure if you're smart enough and have the equipment, plus not lazy, anyone could make it. But when you factor in personal time, purchasing the various things and having a printer/paper along with disc inking/labeling stuff to the level of quality that looks semi-pro there the price really isn't all that bad. It's not like they're calling it a legit rare release that never really got put to shelves but was found in a shipped box in a warehouse like lying crooks so there's really no issue there other than selling a bootleg as a repro like the same do with cartridge games that ebay totally ignores.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

There was a time when I'd report them but I quickly realized I could spend all day reporting them and ebay probably wouldn't do anything.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

I don't see the issue either. Valve doesn't care, SEGA doesn't care.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool, so what is everyone's favorite warez sites? Where can I get some roms at? Oh, you can't talk about that here? None of the companies care because it is still on the internet so obviously it must be fine. I wonder how much a "reproduced" dreamcast collection will fetch me on ebay?

/s

I am going to make a killing selling these on ebay for $15. The only reason these things are on ebay is because nobody reports them. Sorry to waste everyone's time with something I thought the community frowned on.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cool, so what is everyone's favorite warez sites?
    Can't help you with that one.

Where can I get some roms at?
    I find one called rom hustler is pretty helpful though.

Oh, you can't talk about that here? We can't?
    I think just not putting up links to warez was where the line was drawn.

None of the companies care because it is still on the internet so obviously it must be fine. I wonder how much a "reproduced" dreamcast collection will fetch me on ebay?
    It's not 'fine' but it's not worth bothering and someone going of on some internet crusade to bother will amount to nothing. You'll never get ebay to care. I was on NintendoAge for 4 years and more than 3 of it was perpetual bitching about this exact thread subject and guess what, it never got a single person removed from the site ever, same for those making near perfect boxes and labels too and there was a lot of people repeatedly pushing the report violation button for that one. Also there's a difference between Propeller Arena and Half Life, if a blurry one as those never were sold, not that it's an excuse worth anything. The issue really would be that Sega and Valve just won't care to act on it.

I am going to make a killing selling these on ebay for $15. The only reason these things are on ebay is because nobody reports them. Sorry to waste everyone's time with something I thought the community frowned on.

You could definitely get away with it, a killing is another matter. I'm not so sure it's really frowned upon much anymore, thanks to all those tools selling illegal bootlegs as fuzzier friendly named repros, the hypocrites won that battle because that kind of warez gets sold all over and it doesn't get removed from ebay, amazon, boards like this one. If it is frowned upon though really, no one really bothers to act on it.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe I was out of the scene for too long and it changed a little too much while I was away. It really pisses me off though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah it has and that probably is the case. I think basically things have slid to the point where if you straight link a ROM (or rom site) you're going to get your post removed if not banned for it since you're tying back straight warez. Yet, it gets blurred because you can make hacks, apply hacks, and sell hacks as so called 'reproductions' on physical carts (chop shopped old game, or new boards/plastic shells) and that's totally acceptable. Some will fight over people making copies of old game labels which is super common and less comment boxes and manuals, but they too ultimately are accepted as well as the big barometer on the whole mess anymore these days is ebay mostly. If ebay won't ban someone or remove an item for a legal violation, even though they are, even when dozens of people flag and item, you're in that position of it just is what it is. Yet ebay will pop someone still for multi-carts, but those fly fine on websites which is just hypocritical and stupid on their part. It's like old warez multicarts of the 80s and 90s is illegal, but making a fan translated Final Fantasy V SNES cart that looks straight legit is kosher.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

It's no different than repro's of Star Fox 2. The game never got released. Why is it so wrong for someone to sell a repro on ebay, but fine to do it anywhere else?
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    It's no different than repro's of Star Fox 2. The game never got released. Why is it so wrong for someone to sell a repro on ebay, but fine to do it anywhere else?
    I don't remember saying that it wasn't wrong. My problem with those is they are ripping up perfectly good games to slap another rom on it and pretend they made it. They didn't make anything. They didn't even translate the game or edit it to make it playable at all. They don't even credit the people who did the real work to get the game out there in the first place. /end rant