Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Retro City Rampage DX - PS4 Physical Release - Very limited release for $25 w/bonus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Exclamation Retro City Rampage DX - PS4 Physical Release - Very limited release for $25 w/bonus

Thank ferretgamer over at Racketboy for this one.

http://www.fangamer.com/products/retro-city-rampage-dx

Seems that Retro City Rampage DX is getting a supremely limited retail release of this game with just 2000 copies made and sold through fangamer.com for the PS4. The cost is $25 + your choice of shipping (I think there was 4 which started for me at $4 for USPS First Class Mail.) I ordered one as I've wanted this for awhile and a physical release will always get me to pull the trigger when the price is right.

This below is lifted from the site, there is more but this will do:
    This limited edition retail version of Retro City Rampage™ DX is the rarest PlayStation®4 game ever printed! Only 2,000 available, so pre-order yours before it's too late.

This is a full PS4™ retail release. It includes a PS4™ Blu-ray Disc™ and case, factory shrink wrapped with a double sided reversible cover. It can be played on any PS4™ system worldwide, any region.

PRE-ORDER TODAY AND ALSO GET:

The official soundtrack featuring 32 tracks by Jake 'virt' Kaufman, Freaky DNA and Norrin Radd (Digital Download)
    PC and Mac versions of Retro City Rampage™ DX for Steam (Digital Download)

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sweet got in on the preorder. I got the game for free during the PS plus promo and loved it. Glad to see a cool release like this and I get to actually support them this time.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Looks interesting.

Has anyone played it and if so how do you like it? I am tempted to pick it up but only if it's fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My understanding is a less lame version of GTA in 2D with lots of old Nintendo and 80s movies like back to the future type sight and reference gags.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I am confused. What's the difference between this and the regular version?

I already have the regular version on Steam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Probably nothing unless the one you have is the original non DX version as I think there was an original and an upgraded release of it. With this one though you get a real copy of the game you can keep for as long as you like and not have to worry about your purchase being erased out from under you on a digital rental type format it exists in now.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Screw it, it looks interesting enough. I placed my preorder.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro View Post
    Screw it, it looks interesting enough. I placed my preorder.
    I enjoyed the hell out of it. I am glad I got in on this. I love what this Dev has done and glad to support them.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Quote Originally Posted by kai123 View Post
    I enjoyed the hell out of it. I am glad I got in on this. I love what this Dev has done and glad to support them.
    That's exactly what I want to hear. I figured for $29 with shipping I can't really go wrong, if I don't like it once they're all sold out I could probably easily get my money back by selling it but if it is fun then it'll just stay in my collection.

Edit: Just went back to the site and it looks like it's sold out already. Good thing I decided to buy when I did.
    Last edited by ProjectCamaro; 11-11-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am very glad I saw this thread. I bought one for me and one for my brother for christmas.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

That's exactly what I want to hear. I figured for $29 with shipping I can't really go wrong, if I don't like it once they're all sold out I could probably easily get my money back by selling it but if it is fun then it'll just stay in my collection.

Edit: Just went back to the site and it looks like it's sold out already. Good thing I decided to buy when I did.
    I was tempted to purchase it just for the rarity but too late. Imo the game is garbage though. As an NES styled game, the graphics are great are good, but the game is boring as can be. RCR controls well during gameplay, but the design of the game is pretty terrible with the boring missions, and wandering around isn't much fun in the game imo. The game is so text heavy it's ridiculous and it's reference after reference after reference capturing nostalgia and nothing more it seems because the writing is boring as hell.

I didn't like GTA until GTA4, but comparatively to RCR, Chinatown Wars is much better. Never played GTA1 and 2. Chinatown Wars storyline wasn't a boring as hell storyline full of references as the only selling point. The missions were well done and the side missions, most seen in other GTA games, were enjoyable. There was even this stock market mini game in the form of your character buying drugs for low, selling for high, that was addicting for as simplistic as it was.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

For less than an hour's wage I'm not worried about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's entirely my feelings on it too. They did a bang up hell of a job with this considering where they started on it (NES) and the time involved to take it where it is. I do not much like sandbox games anymore, they're just bloated, nannying/nagging/Sims-ish trype from rockstar and friends. This looks like a fun throwback to the GTA3 release but in 2D with some more fun involved with it. The price is right, the package is nice, and well like you said if the need arose easily could get the cash back and with those wanting to nose in on rare releases probably more than that but I'll keep it as the PS4 is new and has years ahead of it still.

Glad I got in on that too thanks to the post on racketboy, I stopped myself for a moment, then just went all in on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I debated on getting it but decided to pass unless there were still copies on Friday. It's gone, oh well.

I doubt it will be the smallest print run game for the PS4 though, Class of Heroes 2G is well under 2000 when you consider all the variants.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I debated on getting it but decided to pass unless there were still copies on Friday. It's gone, oh well.

I doubt it will be the smallest print run game for the PS4 though, Class of Heroes 2G is well under 2000 when you consider all the variants.

All I am seeing on the game is the PS3 version. Do you have a link for the PS4 version?

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I grabbed one also. If it wasn't for DP, I would a missed out. $29 is a great price for something of this nature.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

They'll be on ebay for $300 soon.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post

I know there will be some on there soon enough.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    On NintendoAge there are people already stating they'll pay extra for copies and they haven't even been made yet.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NintendoAge
    Those guys love driving up prices. I am sure they will be slabbed by VGA and have ebay titles like "Dae rare gem VGA graded sealed".